Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - tiqq2 - 2017-03-20

Beside all those bugs... Yes, it has at least potential.
But for me the current state is more or less experimantal and not for a daily usage.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - gacama - 2017-03-20

+1 it is not stable enough for daily usage, and I doubt that zidoo solve all bugs

Enviado desde mi Z2 Plus mediante Tapatalk

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2017-03-21

Are you guys serious?! I use my X9S w/o any major issues... if you're getting this player for what it's best suited for, namely 3D MVC, HD, and 4K for the most part, it delivers! Netflix, Amazon, games, other stuff, look to nVidia Shield TV instead.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - gacama - 2017-03-21

(2017-03-21, 01:46)hdmkv Wrote: Are you guys serious?! I use my X9S w/o any major issues... if you're getting this player for what it's best suited for, namely 3D MVC, HD, and 4K for the most part, it delivers! Netflix, Amazon, games, other stuff, look to nVidia Shield TV instead.
Black screen every minute when set 4k output is not a major issue?

Hdmi in record choppy is not a major issue?

Playback stutter with some mkv that other mediacenter plays smooth is not a major issue?

Minor issues is when zidoo gets on itself,or marking as watched files that are medium watched, but the other, for me, are major issues.

I buyed an x8 returned it to amazon thinking I received a bad one, ordered a x9s but same issues, posted at zidoo forum, and no response, asked to zidoo europe, adding some videos of the issues, and the response was, return the zidoo, great support (ironic mode off)

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2017-03-21

I'm not seeing widespread reports of black screen w/4K. HDMI record, don't know, don't use w/present f/w... I tested when box first came out and recordings from my TiVo and another media player were fine. Playback stutter w/MKV's is also something I haven't heard about. Only stutter, albeit very slight, I've had is with 4K VP9 MKV's (or any other container).

Zidoo marking partially watched videos as watched is because of its external player implementation. If you want true Kodi integration, you should get nVidia Shield or for 3D, Intel NUC w/Kodi MVC build instead.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - gacama - 2017-03-21

(2017-03-21, 03:10)hdmkv Wrote: I'm not seeing widespread reports of black screen w/4K. HDMI record, don't know, don't use w/present f/w... I tested when box first came out and recordings from my TiVo and another media player were fine. Playback stutter w/MKV's is also something I haven't heard about. Only stutter, albeit very slight, I've had is with 4K VP9 MKV's (or any other container).

Zidoo marking partially watched videos as watched is because of its external player implementation. If you want true Kodi integration, you should get nVidia Shield or for 3D, Intel NUC w/Kodi MVC build instead.
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/frame-drops-black-screen-with-2160p-and-23-976hz-video.4013/

I'm not the only one with this issue,but, what botther me,is the stutters,it happen with several files,that plays smooth in my mede8er and in internal player of sony 65sd8505 (and kodi in the tv itself) but not in the zidoo, every 12/13 mins, I have some seconds of stutters, no idea why, if I set 23,95 off, I don't have this stutters, but not plays smooth, maybe a problem changing the tv mode, but it happen to me with x8 and x9s

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - nikos_a - 2017-03-21

I do not have any major issues with the box. It plays 100% of the files I feed it without stutters or problems. Yes, I have some minor issues related to my AVR (and soon will address to the zidoo techs) but generally speaking, you exaggerate when you say "not for daily use".

(2017-03-21, 12:13)nikos_a Wrote: I do not have any major issues with the box. It plays 100% of the files I feed it without stutters or problems. Yes, I have some minor issues related to my AVR (and soon will address to the zidoo techs) but generally speaking, you exaggerate when you say "not for daily use".
It's my oppinion, not the absolut truth, maybe my issues are incompatibility related, but bad for zidoo if this boxes match bad with sony sets, I don't know why I have this issues, but as you can understand, I am really disappointed with zidoo support, after send several videos, the only response was, return the box, this is a good supportHuh And with this issues, it will be ok as daily use for you?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - laola - 2017-03-21

well - I don't have any issues while playing 3D, 4k with or without HD audio. However, I fully agree that this bos is NOT usable as a daily driver because...
- LiveTV (50 Hz) stutters terrible after a few seconds (Kodi internal player)
- LiveTV (50Hz) plays fine with external player - but to switch from one channel to another takes 10 seconds or even more

And it is very annoying, that you have manually set the refresh rate when you switching beween different video formats (4k, live tv, 1080p etc.)

So when there would be a real Kodi implementation (for LiveTV and automatic refresh switching as Kodi 17 does for Windows and Raspi) - THEN it would be a daily driver...

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - movie78 - 2017-03-21

(2017-03-21, 02:12)gacama Wrote:
(2017-03-21, 01:46)hdmkv Wrote: Are you guys serious?! I use my X9S w/o any major issues... if you're getting this player for what it's best suited for, namely 3D MVC, HD, and 4K for the most part, it delivers! Netflix, Amazon, games, other stuff, look to nVidia Shield TV instead.

HDMI in record choppy is not a major issue?

Playback stutter with some mkv that other media center plays smooth is not a major issue?

Minor issues are when zidoo gets on itself, or marking as watched files that are medium watched, but the other, for me, are major issues.

I bought an x8 returned it to amazon thinking I received a bad one, ordered a x9s but same issues, posted at zidoo forum, and no response, asked to zidoo Europe, adding some videos of the issues, and the response was, return the zidoo, great support (ironic mode off)

Same issue here, but if you change the resolution to 1080p then you have no issue, I have submitted the issue in their forum but it looks like some employees members always come and say it works for them, this is very annoying

(2017-03-21, 15:05)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-03-21, 02:12)gacama Wrote:

HDMI in record choppy is not a major issue?

Playback stutter with some mkv that other media center plays smooth is not a major issue?

Minor issues are when zidoo gets on itself, or marking as watched files that are medium watched, but the other, for me, are major issues.

I bought an x8 returned it to amazon thinking I received a bad one, ordered a x9s but same issues, posted at zidoo forum, and no response, asked to zidoo Europe, adding some videos of the issues, and the response was, return the zidoo, great support (ironic mode off)

Same issue here, but if you change the resolution to 1080p then you have no issue, I have submitted the issue in their forum but it looks like some employees members always come and say it works for them, this is very annoying
I've tried to change the resolution to 1080 but my main issue, the stutter, remains at 1080, as I said, this issue can be compatibility related, as the rest of you, don't have this issue, but says that ziddo only have minor bugs makes me laugh a lot

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wrxtasy - 2017-03-21

(2017-03-21, 13:46)laola Wrote: well - I don't have any issues while playing 3D, 4k with or without HD audio. However, I fully agree that this box is NOT usable as a daily driver because...
- LiveTV (50Hz) plays fine with external player - but to switch from one channel to another takes 10 seconds or even more

And it is very annoying, that you have manually set the refresh rate when you switching between different video formats (4k, live tv, 1080p etc.)

So when there would be a real Kodi implementation (for LiveTV and automatic refresh switching as Kodi 17 does for Windows and Raspi) - THEN it would be a daily driver...

Oh dear, another Nail in the Android OS - PVR - Live TV coffin. And this is a Core Kodi feature too.
LibreELEC for example, handles all this (excluding 3D), with ease.

Surely after all this time Automatic Refresh switching works seamlessly ?

(2017-03-21, 02:12)gacama Wrote: Black screen every minute when set 4k output is not a major issue?

I stand corrected. So, 4K playback isn't the issue (what I was really driving at), just having the UI at 4K is. Agree Zidoo should fix this, but not sure it's a 'major' issue as 4K video playback itself is mostly solid.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - laola - 2017-03-21

(2017-03-21, 17:04)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-03-21, 13:46)laola Wrote: well - I don't have any issues while playing 3D, 4k with or without HD audio. However, I fully agree that this box is NOT usable as a daily driver because...

And it is very annoying, that you have manually set the refresh rate when you switching between different video formats (4k, live tv, 1080p etc.)

Oh dear, another Nail in the Android OS - PVR - Live TV coffin. And this is a Core Kodi feature too.
LibreELEC for example, handles all this (excluding 3D), with ease.

Surely after all this time Automatic Refresh switching works seamlessly ?

yes - both Raspi and Windows machines don't have any problem with automated switching of the refresh rate - the Windows station (HTPC) also no problems after playing 4k videos either.

(2017-03-21, 19:06)hdmkv Wrote:
(2017-03-21, 02:12)gacama Wrote: Black screen every minute when set 4k output is not a major issue?

I stand corrected. So, 4K playback isn't the issue (what I was really driving at), just having the UI at 4K is. Agree Zidoo should fix this, but not sure it's a 'major' issue as 4K video playback itself is mostly solid.
Blank screen is under reproduction too, late I'll upload some videos