Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wrxtasy - 2017-05-07

It certainly looks that way, a pre-release - stolen data file I suspect.

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Vimaro - 2017-05-07

Hi,

When I play some 4k media files with Zidoo, my TV somehow recognises the HDR metadata and enters automatically in HDR mode, but with other media don't. Is there any way to check if a media file has HDR data?

For example, I tried with planet earth 2, and it starts normally but after 2 seconds later it enters in HDR mode, and the brightness and the colour is totally different.

How can I check if the HDR exists in the media file, or if is the Zidoo problem to recognises it.
The only think I am sure is that my TV (LG B6) supports HDR.

Thanks

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - nc88keyz - 2017-05-07

Did i read that right, Zidoo just added 4K UHD bluray support, ?? Wow, that was unexpected. Would be great if we could support USB UHD Pioneer Bluray drive via platform/? I do not have a One-S or a 4k Player.

I did however aquire a 55CP6 Oled from a guy that was in a hard place yesterday for $1000 US delivered to my garage. I also have a G6, but this was a stupid price and it will find a place somewhere I am sure. I just wish I wasn't

loosing my job in 9 days. I bought it with hopes my Dad will change his mind when he sees it but otherwise I will replace a samsung 46" 1080P 7 with 3D series in my bedroom.

I hate good deals, found a shield for $100 with remote 2 months ago, and now a 55C6P / 3D Oled for $1000. #electronicspoor as usual.

Who has the best deal on Ramen these daysHuh?

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - querty1000 - 2017-05-08

(2017-05-05, 22:22)3dgeek Wrote: Would 3D be better on X8/9s than on Pi3 with Kodi?
Sharper, better, deeper whatever?
Upscaling from DVD files on X8/9s better than Pi?
[3D MVC]
I don't see a difference (using a 4K TV) but it may depend on how good the 4K upscaling on the TV is.
But on the Zidoo you get real Atmos/TrueHD sound on your 3D MKVs instead DTS core or PCM multichannel.

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - jarvismeier - 2017-05-08

(2017-05-08, 08:47)querty1000 Wrote:
(2017-05-05, 22:22)3dgeek Wrote: Would 3D be better on X8/9s than on Pi3 with Kodi?
Sharper, better, deeper whatever?
Upscaling from DVD files on X8/9s better than Pi?
[3D MVC]
I don't see a difference (using a 4K TV) but it may depend on how good the 4K upscaling on the TV is.
But on the Zidoo you get real Atmos/TrueHD sound on your 3D MKVs instead DTS core or PCM multichannel.

This is def a plus. I also found the performance of the zidoo better than my pi3 w/libreelec. Less stuttering and buffering. I also found scanning of large media directories to be generally faster with the zidoo.

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - flipmode009 - 2017-05-08

Ok so my X10 seems ok. I had to re-dock my Seatage 6TB 7200 RPM drive once to read it after using already docked. Not sure what that was. There are a few glitches in the new firmware that when you pause, audio is garbled, either a re-pause and play or skip back 1 time fixes it. Only a couple full bd menus work, others do not such as the Dolby Atmos BD's, they are a no go. Avatar did work, but when the forced subtitles come up, the first line on each spot is missing, but then they are normal. The 3D depth was wrong on my Epson 5030 and I had to change it to 8 for depth on both the 3D and the Subtitles otherwise it was wonky. Otherwise for a new setup it has been good. So far ahead of the Intel builds when comparing the initial release to current state. Intel still has the edge but when considering keeping a full size HD with you, its cheaper and better space. Hopefully those small issues get fixed, otherwise the HDR 4k videos like Oblivion look FANTASTIC down-scaled to my Epson 5030 lol.

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - kourosh - 2017-05-08

Thinking about the zidoox9s to replace my Mi Box ...does the zidoo play 23.97 files correctly with no stutter? and is there any major issues i should be worried about?
I dont have a 4k TV yet so it will be mainly for bluray iso's

Thanks

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - nikos_a - 2017-05-09

Yes, it locks perfectly in the right Hz without any stutters.

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - magicarius - 2017-05-09

Anyone have problems with hdmi-cec(firmware v1.4.4)? Zidoo open with tv only if is closed by the power menu of android(if stop by the ir remote or air mouse bluetooth it remains closed), if is stop by the tv remains closed when tv open again. Same problems with 2 zidoo x8 and 2 samsung tv series d and h. With older firmware versions there were no problems

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - kourosh - 2017-05-09

(2017-05-09, 10:57)nikos_a Wrote: Yes, it locks perfectly in the right Hz without any stutters.

Thanks nikos

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Vimaro - 2017-05-10

Anyone have problems importing videos to the library in KODI?

I have enabled the Kodi Video preferences to Import All Videos (import all videos, even if no scrapper data is available). However is not importing series like Grand Tour, Planet Earth II, or Big Little Lies.

I have Zidoo X9S with 1.4.4 firmware but in previous versions it happened the same issue.

Thanks.

*Update*
I solved: I must add the directory names with more information (ex. add year to resolve ambiguity).
however the option "Import All Videos" should work even with no scraper data available.

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - nikos_a - 2017-05-10

Does anyone experience skipped frames in the new ZDMC 17.1? In most MKV at 23.976, I have skipped frames increasing as the movie plays. I pressed Ctrl-Shift+O to see the vsync info (after enabling the "Sync Playback to Display" option and thus missing the passthrough) and it seems that the Vsync display is at 24Hz. Can anyone please confirm this from the following screenshot? The skipped in these only happened initially and remain at 7. If I disable "Sync Playback to Display", I have about 35 skipped in 3 minutes of movie playback. Adjust Display Refresh Rate is Always.

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - mamachan - 2017-05-10

Wich gamepad (BT, WIFI or USB) is possible to use with the Zidoo X9S?

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - dixons - 2017-05-12

Could anyone test if the X9S passes the SafetyNet and CTS test

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - DaMacFunkin - 2017-05-13

With the latest 1.4.4 firmware I have Fixed output 2160p 60hz, 10bits ycbr 4:2:2 autoframerate enabled and i am back to having loads of problems with MKV movies that have HD audio, glitches and pauses non stop on some Movies, other Movies with HD audio (Atmos etc) have just occasional pauses... this is on 1080p and 2160p Movies.
Zidoo fixed this once, what hell is going onHuh
For the record ISO files with HD audio are fine.
Also the apk for UHD blu ray playback does not trigger HDR on my set, all other HDR MKV files that i have are fine.