Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - OlivierQC - 2017-07-14

(2017-07-13, 18:36)boblo Wrote: Please do more tests. We, users in Zidoo forum, are trying to gather new bugs not solved in 1.4.6 yet and new feature requests in a new sticky thread. We are waiting for admins authorization to get this thread created.

Thank you.

Hello Boblo,

I will continue and do my best.

----------------------

I allow myself to make a new review because the problem with multimedia boxes testing is that the tests on the website or on the forums are done with a box and FW who are still young and full of bugs, so it is good to do a new review a few months later to see the progress.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-x9s-quick-review-fw-1-4-6.5469/

----------------------

The best review in my opinion are those of HDMKV, but I try to bring some of my little experience to the current and future buyer of the Zidoo.

----------------------

Have nice day
OlivierQC

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - boblo - 2017-07-19

I have good news for all Zidoo X8/X9S/X10 users: I have green light from Zidoo's super administrator to make a new sticky thread for feature requests in Zidoo forums. Feel free to post what you want here and I will post it there, although I suggest you to register in Zidoo forums instead and make requests there.

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - drdwridav - 2017-07-19

(2017-07-19, 14:01)boblo Wrote: I have good news for all Zidoo X8/X9S/X10 users: I have green light from Zidoo's super administrator to make a new sticky thread for feature requests in Zidoo forums. Feel free to post what you want here and I will post it there, although I suggest you to register in Zidoo forums instead and make requests there.

That's good news.
Here's my starter for ten:
Auto flip eyes for right eye first 3d movies launched in external player;
In ZDMC 3d isos are not labelled as 3d in the movie list (i.e. Bottom right corner where it says 1080p, aspect ratio etc.!

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - boblo - 2017-07-19

Is this a fake or not? What do you think?

Supposedly it's the new X20. It seems it has a dual HDMI output as the Egreat A11 (this is not a fake, is confirmed by Egreat). Also it has the well-known HDMI input so it's likely it has the RTD1295 SoC... or the very new RTD1296...

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - twinpeaks - 2017-07-20

I wish they'd take their time to perfect advertised features before manufacturing new hardware

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - boblo - 2017-07-21

(2017-07-20, 00:45)twinpeaks Wrote: I wish they'd take their time to perfect advertised features before manufacturing new hardware
I agree. The worst part is that this new 'creature' uses the new RTD1296 SoC. This means that RTD1295 SDK development could be left in second place. This is a bad joke for all X8/X9S/X10 owners. Sadly it's real, not a fake. Futeko have confirmed it will be released on september.
Egreat have been smarter using the same HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 SoC in their new A11s.

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - mirror88 - 2017-07-21

(2017-07-21, 03:53)boblo Wrote:
(2017-07-20, 00:45)twinpeaks Wrote: I wish they'd take their time to perfect advertised features before manufacturing new hardware
I agree. The worst part is that this new 'creature' uses the new RTD1296 SoC. This means that RTD1295 SDK development could be left in second place. This is a bad joke for all X8/X9S/X10 owners. Sadly it's real, not a fake. Futeko have confirmed it will be released on september.
Egreat have been smarter using the same HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 SoC in their new A11s.

As you know, we're developing X20, but we haven't stopped X9S firmware updates yet.
Moreover, the foundation SDK of X20 , same as X8/X9S/X10
Thanks.

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wrxtasy - 2017-07-21

(2017-07-19, 18:57)boblo Wrote: Supposedly it's the new X20. It seems it has a dual HDMI output as the Egreat A11 (this is not a fake, is confirmed by Egreat). Also it has the well-known HDMI input so it's likely it has the RTD1295 SoC... or the very new RTD1296...
I can already see the tech Specs blood hounds frothing at the mouth, howling and quivering in lavicious anticipation ! ! !

Welcome to the world of Android Tech - better sell your soon to be old X9S, X8 & X10's devices now and upgrade before word gets out Wink

I'm scratching my head what all those input ports are actually going to be used for ?

The ESS 9038 DAC looks interesting. Smile
For those old tech heads ESS were adding speech output to Commodore 64 games in the mid. 1980's.

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - boblo - 2017-07-21

(2017-07-21, 05:21)mirror88 Wrote: As you know, we're developing X20, but we haven't stopped X9S firmware updates yet.
Thanks.
I hope so. Keep in mind that X9S has been a best-selling product and there are 3 media players using this chipset (with a lot of customers). Please support them at least one year more. I'm now a X10 customer. Thanks.

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - tsainont - 2017-07-21

(2017-07-21, 11:25)boblo Wrote:
(2017-07-21, 05:21)mirror88 Wrote: As you know, we're developing X20, but we haven't stopped X9S firmware updates yet.
Thanks.
I hope so. Keep in mind that X9S has been a best-selling product and there are 3 media players using this chipset (with a lot of customers). Please support them at least one year more. I'm now a X10 customer. Thanks.

I don't care if they will support for less than a year as long as they fix all the bugs.

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - golbar - 2017-07-21

A new bug in v1.4.6 :
The X9S "forgets" the storage connected to the USB3.0 port after a CEC turn off of the device.
At the next turning on of the box, when trying to log into ZDMC I get message "Waiting for external storage" .
Only rebooting the box (turning it off and on) by the remote reconnects the storage.

The box also "forgets" the screen resolution settings after such CEC shut down.

Very annoying. Hopefully Zidoo will fix this in the next f/w

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - cobric - 2017-07-21

Hi all,

If anyone is interested here is latest KODI I compiled with ZidooPlayer: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/latest-kodi-leia-with-integrated-zidooplayer-code-from-zdmc.5511/

Regards,

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - efernandejr - 2017-07-22

You know, after working fine for a few months after I bought it, I've noticed that my Zidoo X9S is increasingly having video issues with some of my movies. For example, my 1:1 bluray rip (mkv) of The Dark Knight... There's a scene at the beginning where a bunch of dudes dressed as Batman are fighting some guy in a parking garage before actual Batman shows up. It does this thing where the audio plays fine but the video kind of just doesn't refresh in time so you'll see every 5th or 6th frame. Like if it's having trouble buffering. It's weird because my drive is connected directly to the streamer via USB 3.0. It's a 16TB Western Digital Mybook Duo set to raid 0. I'm running the lastest firmware (1.4.6) and ZDMC 16.4.13.

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - boblo - 2017-07-22

Hi all users:

Here you have the promised new sticky thread for our feature requests. Finally I got the needed authorization from upper management.

Could you check if all proposals are coherent and possible? Thanks in advance.

RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - darko10 - 2017-07-24

Firmware 1.4.8 available as an OTA update anyone on this yet.