Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-10-23

(2016-10-23, 04:03)wesk05 Wrote: I am experiencing frequent video & audio dropouts when playing videos with DTS-HD Master Audio/DTS:X audio. Haven't experienced audio pops.
Hmm, let me watch some MA/X titles. Watched 'Gods of Egypt' 3D (w/X) and the new 'Ghostbusters' 3D (w/MA 5.1) and don't recall having any audio or video drop-outs. They do happen sometimes if I skip ahead to the middle of the movie and continue from there. Noted this issue in the issue tracker spreadsheet.

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - jsmiddleton4 - 2016-10-23

Asked on Amazon, not getting an answer.

1. What is the actual cable needed to attach directly to a SATA drive? I've seen several different cables that might work. Want to see which actually does. Is the included cable the right cable or do you still need the power cable?

2. Some reporting they can to Netflix/Amazon. Some say "no". Ones who do say on in stereo. So does this thing support Amazon/Netflix/Google Store apps fully?

I know this is a Kodi forum. This thread seems to be about this device as well so I thought I'd ask here as the folks posting seem to be end users.

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-10-23

1. Included SATA cable works
2. Netflix and Amazon work, but 480p-capped 'tablet' versions as w/most of these unofficial Android TV boxes

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wrxtasy - 2016-10-23

@jsmiddleton4,
I suggest you read the START HERE sticky thread at the top of this forum as well. There are a lot of answers in there.

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - go45cvi - 2016-10-23

Anyone have solution for broken zoom in ZDMC? The picture gets squeezed instead of cropped.

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - spawn_lmg - 2016-10-23

@mirror88
Himedia have the following settings in build.prop

persist.sys.player.cache.type=time
persist.sys.player.cache.low=100
persist.sys.player.cache.high=200
persist.sys.player.cache.total=20000
persist.sys.player.bufmaxsize=80

What settings and varibles do you have for change cache and buffer size system player? And other players whitch work in HW mode?

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wesk05 - 2016-10-23

(2016-10-23, 16:13)hdmkv Wrote: Hmm, let me watch some MA/X titles. Watched 'Gods of Egypt' 3D (w/X) and the new 'Ghostbusters' 3D (w/MA 5.1) and don't recall having any audio or video drop-outs.
I am now not certain whether the dropouts have anything to do with deep color mode. Will have to check again with that turned off.

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - asianjabba - 2016-10-23

I have the zidoo x9s and when playing the big bunny 4k60p demo there's a little bit of judder. Am i fixing the setting wrong or do i need to do something to get it to be smooth? This is a file played off of an external hard drive connected to usb 3.0. thanks for any info!

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wrxtasy - 2016-10-23

Nothing against you @asianjabba - don't take this personally, its an observation....

rant On/

I've never seen a more Useless clip to do 4K video testing in all my life.

Why, well because virtually all the 4K content about is 10bit (HEVC) H265. I've even seen numerous people test this BBB H264 4K 60fps clip on new AMLogic devices without even bothering to see if the Hardware Specs actually support decoding it. The Xiaomi Mi Box - YouTube tests getting about are a classic example.

And once one person starts testing this 4K BBB H264, the rest follow like a bunch of Lemmings....

rant OFF/

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hjbaard - 2016-10-23

(2016-10-23, 12:38)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-10-23, 10:32)hjbaard Wrote: I was running an 3d iso which includes subtitles.
My tv switches to 3D which is good but the subtitles were shown sid-by-side 2 times. So they are not rendered in 3D. I then tried to download a local subtitle and, although it was in English, it was showing fine
It's a side-by-side 3D video?there are two options for side-by-side video.'LR-3D-LR-SUB' and 'LR-3D-CENTER-SUB'.You can try switch 'LR-3D-LR-SUB' option.

Those options aren't available because it's an iso file. I can't choose a 'half' 3D setup. I think it's 3D MKV

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - DaMacFunkin - 2016-10-23

(2016-10-23, 20:51)wrxtasy Wrote: Nothing against you @asianjabba - don't take this personally, its an observation....

rant On/

I've never seen a more Useless clip to do 4K video testing in all my life.

Why, well because virtually all the 4K content about is 10bit (HEVC) H265. I've even seen numerous people test this BBB H264 4K 60fps clip on new AMLogic devices without even bothering to see if the Hardware Specs actually support decoding it. The Xiaomi Mi Box - YouTube tests getting about are a classic example.

And once one person starts testing this 4K BBB H264, the rest follow like a bunch of Lemmings....

rant OFF/
So can you recomend a good 4K 10 bit (HEVC) H265 24hz clip people can try?
I would really like to have playback of these files confirmed as playing at 24hz before I buy and not the 60hz only like on the Shield.

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - timstephens24 - 2016-10-23

A good one is the Exodus UHD HDR test file. There's also files like the LG Chess, LG Colors of Journey, and the Samsung Soccer for other frame rates.

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-10-24

http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - jsmiddleton4 - 2016-10-24

"but 480p-capped 'tablet' versions as w/most of these unofficial Android TV boxes"

That's what I wanted to know. "unofficial".

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wesk05 - 2016-10-24

Hmm...I'm changing my earlier statement about deep color mode. It looks like 10-bit works only at 4K 60Hz and for everything else it is 12-bit.