Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - DaMacFunkin - 2016-10-28

(2016-10-28, 09:59)spawn_lmg Wrote:
(2016-10-28, 08:29)DaMacFunkin Wrote:
(2016-10-28, 06:55)spawn_lmg Wrote: And those that support? Why in HiMedia presents this modes?

Most satellite boxes and Tv boxes only give you the option for 50hz output when playing 25hz, like it was said 50hz = 25hz*2, it shouldn't be a problem.
If it isn't needed then leave it out, more options equal more variables when solving problems.
Why, then, in the 4K mode at 25fps switching at 25Hz Huh

(2016-10-28, 10:36)looun Wrote:
(2016-10-28, 09:59)spawn_lmg Wrote:
(2016-10-28, 08:29)DaMacFunkin Wrote: Most satellite boxes and Tv boxes only give you the option for 50hz output when playing 25hz, like it was said 50hz = 25hz*2, it shouldn't be a problem.
If it isn't needed then leave it out, more options equal more variables when solving problems.
Why, then, in the 4K mode at 25fps switching at 25Hz Huh
because not all tv support 4k 50/60hz, special with 10 bit .
4k at @50 and @60 hz are very complexly .
same tv are limited to 4k @60 4:2:0 10 bit for sample.

Exactly, A lot of 4k Tv's only have 1x HDCP 2.2 input which is limited to 2160p@30hz.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Skank - 2016-10-28

(2016-10-28, 01:29)OlivierQC Wrote: Good evening,

Piou's feedback on my thread :
full HD,H264,H265) with HD audio or not is perfect, framerate ok, etc.....[/b]

pour les films 3d , tous mes iso 'originaux fonctionnent , et ceux réencodé par dvdfab 50> 25 gigas , fonctionnent parfaitement
about 3D movies all ISO 3D works (no flash green at all)

Please dont say that when already 3 people confirmed the bug
thanks

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - OlivierQC - 2016-10-28

Hello Skank,

Do you prefer if I lie or keep quiet.

I am not saying the problem is non-existent but to date, nobody on my discussion board as seen anything like this and they as well, view a lot of ISO 3D movies.

and if I am not mistaking, the Zidoo team as well have not seen anything for the moment.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - sloth - 2016-10-28

Please, anybody. I am not getting Flirc USB to work with the X9S. An attached keyboard works fine, so why don't keyboard strokes via remote-Flirc work? Has anybody successfully set up Flirc with the X9S. I would really appreciate any help.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-10-28

Same here, FLIRC didn't work for me except for a few 'XBMC' commands like play/pause. REW/FF didn't work, and much else didn't work either. Have yet to try Windows Media or other built-in command options. Have the always handy Logitech K400 connected to X9S when just the remote won't do.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-10-29

Tested new f/w 1.2.6 and generally pleased w/it. Have watched 2x 3D ISO's from start-to-finish, stopping one of them a couple times, and playing from those points. No issues; nice, smooth playback. Also watched about half of a MVC MKV movie.

> No green flashes/streaks, but we know this is an occasional & random issue (rare w/my box at least)
> 3D MVC MKV playback is greatly improved, but there's still some judder & 3D effects (depth, dimensionality, pop-outs) are significantly flat (almost 2D-ish) vs. 3D ISO's (which have great 3D effects)
> 3D SBS and TAB movies do trigger 3D mode automatically (yay!)
> VP9 playback has been slightly improved, but I'm still noticing judder (which is non-existent on HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro). You see the judder in particular in camera pans

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - sloth - 2016-10-30

(2016-10-28, 20:49)hdmkv Wrote: Same here, FLIRC didn't work for me except for a few 'XBMC' commands like play/pause. REW/FF didn't work, and much else didn't work either. Have yet to try Windows Media or other built-in command options. Have the always handy Logitech K400 connected to X9S when just the remote won't do.

Ok, it seems to be an issue with MCE remotes. With the X9S remote Flirc works (my X9S is in a different room connected with an USB cable).

Quote:Tested new f/w 1.2.6 and generally pleased w/it. Have watched 2x 3D ISO's from start-to-finish, stopping one of them a couple times, and playing from those points. No issues; nice, smooth playback. Also watched about half of a MVC MKV movie.

Do you generally use the native player or the Kodi player? What are your preferences and why?
Many thanks,
Jonas

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Caramba69 - 2016-10-30

I have also ordered a X9s. I have a harmony remote as well. To use commands like ff, rw do I have to use a mce dongle or is it possible to program these functions for the harmony without an additional mce dongle?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-10-30

(2016-10-30, 10:37)sloth Wrote: With the X9S remote Flirc works (my X9S is in a different room connected with an USB cable).
Which FLIRC command set are you using?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - sloth - 2016-10-30

I am using the full keyboard. So far I have programmed left, right, up, down, enter, escape, space bar (unfortunately does not work for the Zidoo player to pause), x to stop, L to cycle through subtitles and C for context menu.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Caramba69 - 2016-10-30

(2016-10-30, 17:33)sloth Wrote: I am using the full keyboard. So far I have programmed left, right, up, down, enter, escape, space bar (unfortunately does not work for the Zidoo player to pause), x to stop, L to cycle through subtitles and C for context menu.

Is it possible to use the logitech harmony with FLIRC? And if yes, how need it be configured?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-10-30

Yes it's possible.

(2016-10-30, 10:37)sloth Wrote: Do you generally use the native player or the Kodi player? What are your preferences and why?
Native (via the external player option in ZDMC). PQ is better than w/internal ZDMC/Kodi, and 3D MVC only works w/native (external). By preferences, do you mean settings? If so, please see screenshots gallery in post #1.

Thanks. I agree, PQ is much better with the external player. Do you know which button I can send via Flirc to pause/play the external player?

Native was what I thought you were talking about w/FLIRC success. I can't get MCE/WMC remote nor FLIRC to work well w/native (external) player. Only play/pause, not FF/REW nor skip forward/back.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - OlivierQC - 2016-10-31

@hdmkv,

Several members on my thread talk about audio/video sync problems with HD soundtrack.
http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/...k60-hdr-3d-mvc-android-6-0-t30075791-135.html

Ant-Man (DTS Hi-Res) time delay 100/150 ms.
Malefique (DTS HDMA) time delay 100/150 ms
Captain Phillips (DTS) ok
Transformers 4 (AC3) ok

Et aussi testé le seigneur des anneaux 3 extended (60 Go ! DTS HDMA), le son "craque" "saute".
with the lord of the rings 3 extended (DTS HDMA) the sound is sputtering/crackling (sorry i do not know the exact term)

the same movies with the shield TV have no problem.

---------------------------------

j'ai testé avec et sans lecteur externe dans zdmc et c'est pareil.
J'ai aussi testé juste avec le lecteur externe (sans passer par zdmc) et décalage aussi.

i tested ZDMC (with and without external player) and i also tested the external player without ZDMC, and in all cases the problem is present

J'ai oublié de vérifier mais il me semble que TrueHD est nickel. C'est juste sur les DTS HD.

unless I am mistaken, only with DTS HD soundtrack, TrueHD seems to be ok.

--------------------

have you noticed something ?

--------------------

see you

OlivierQC