Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - badbadbad - 2016-11-23

(2016-11-22, 21:15)chicotoba Wrote: That's right, Zidoo will receive the internet connection from my router (wifi) and then I want to share the internet connection from the Zidoo (RJ45) to my laptop (or other device). How do I do it?

You are basically looking into setting up your device as a Wireless Bridge. This is where the OpenWRT software will be most useful.

Installing the right OpenWRT module/script can even let you access public WiFi (with a portal) and share it over your home LAN.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - mirror88 - 2016-11-23

(2016-11-22, 21:05)nikos_a Wrote:
(2016-11-21, 14:54)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-11-21, 14:38)nikos_a Wrote: Just one last inquiry. Inside Public you have 3 folders (if I remember correctly) like Public Videos. Can you try accessing one of these?

If it works, then I may do a factory reset on the WD.

Thanks again for your help.
I tried all of these they are works fine."Publice" "SmartWare", "TimeMachineBackup"..
May be you should be clean the app cache: Luncher--apps find "file explorer",Press "menu" key on remote,select "clean data".
Then try again.

Well, I tried cleaning cache, trying again and again by changing users, changing from Static to DHCP etc. It all comes down to having different versions of WDMyCloud. By the looks of the screens you posted, it looks we have different versions. Apparently, I have WDMyCloud, 4TB with f/w v04.04.04-101. If you think I can help somehow (I am software engineer), please do not hesitate to contact me. See screens below of my WDMyCloud UI and you will spot differences.
Could you get a log file to us?
http://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide/guide_target/n9KLv4h9WZZKKmVViAFMcQ%3D%3D/seek/log/faq_page/9nCdOWqz%2Bdw%3D.html

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - chicotoba - 2016-11-23

(2016-11-23, 03:31)badbadbad Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 21:15)chicotoba Wrote: That's right, Zidoo will receive the internet connection from my router (wifi) and then I want to share the internet connection from the Zidoo (RJ45) to my laptop (or other device). How do I do it?

You are basically looking into setting up your device as a Wireless Bridge. This is where the OpenWRT software will be most useful.

Installing the right OpenWRT module/script can even let you access public WiFi (with a portal) and share it over your home LAN.

What module/script do I have to install?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - KILLERNADS - 2016-11-23

(2016-11-22, 19:00)KILLERNADS Wrote: Just saw the excellent video you posted on the 1st post. Thanks for that. 3D and movie playback looks very good.

I have a question however about ZDMC. Can this be customised exactly like Kodi? Can i add the customised Aeon Nox skin i am using on my nvidia shield right now on this?

Most importantly, can i use plugins such as TraktTV to keep everything in sync?

Thank you for your help.

Please can someone answer this before I place my order? As its a very important feature for me!

Thanks

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - XtrordinarY - 2016-11-23

(2016-11-23, 10:48)KILLERNADS Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 19:00)KILLERNADS Wrote: Just saw the excellent video you posted on the 1st post. Thanks for that. 3D and movie playback looks very good.

I have a question however about ZDMC. Can this be customised exactly like Kodi? Can i add the customised Aeon Nox skin i am using on my nvidia shield right now on this?

Thank you for your help.

Please can someone answer this before I place my order? As its a very important feature for me!

Thanks

Yeah sure, ZDMC is exactly the same as Kodi with only some extra code for audio passthrough and toggle switch for kodi or external player.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - nikos_a - 2016-11-23

(2016-11-23, 04:54)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 21:05)nikos_a Wrote:
(2016-11-21, 14:54)mirror88 Wrote: I tried all of these they are works fine."Publice" "SmartWare", "TimeMachineBackup"..
May be you should be clean the app cache: Luncher--apps find "file explorer",Press "menu" key on remote,select "clean data".
Then try again.

Well, I tried cleaning cache, trying again and again by changing users, changing from Static to DHCP etc. It all comes down to having different versions of WDMyCloud. By the looks of the screens you posted, it looks we have different versions. Apparently, I have WDMyCloud, 4TB with f/w v04.04.04-101. If you think I can help somehow (I am software engineer), please do not hesitate to contact me. See screens below of my WDMyCloud UI and you will spot differences.
http://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide/guide_target/n9KLv4h9WZZKKmVViAFMcQ%3D%3D/seek/log/faq_page/9nCdOWqz%2Bdw%3D.html

I will. One question though:

When I click the folders I mentioned, x9s reboots. Do I have to stop the app after the reboot or will it stop automatically writing to log?

I hope it will write something because the whole machine reboots.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - mirror88 - 2016-11-23

(2016-11-23, 11:38)nikos_a Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 04:54)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 21:05)nikos_a Wrote: Well, I tried cleaning cache, trying again and again by changing users, changing from Static to DHCP etc. It all comes down to having different versions of WDMyCloud. By the looks of the screens you posted, it looks we have different versions. Apparently, I have WDMyCloud, 4TB with f/w v04.04.04-101. If you think I can help somehow (I am software engineer), please do not hesitate to contact me. See screens below of my WDMyCloud UI and you will spot differences.

I will. One question though:

When I click the folders I mentioned, x9s reboots. Do I have to stop the app after the reboot or will it stop automatically writing to log?

I hope it will write something because the whole machine reboots.
I think it will do.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - KILLERNADS - 2016-11-23

(2016-11-23, 11:25)XtrordinarY Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 10:48)KILLERNADS Wrote:

Thank you for your help.

Thanks

Yeah sure, ZDMC is exactly the same as Kodi with only some extra code for audio passthrough and toggle switch for kodi or external player.

Ah okay cool! Thats good. Thanks for your answer.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - laola - 2016-11-23

So - I played a bit more with the box and I am not so much disappointed anymore - actually after installing the XBMCWrapper (for using Kodi 17 with external player) I am almost happy ;-) Every file I want to play just plays fine (no matter 3D, 4k HDR or just 720p or even SD). So when the bug regarding the HDR turn-off is solved, then the box is really good for playing video files.

Having said this - what is not working very well - that is live TV (I tried ZDMC and Kodi 17 - same results/behaviour). I am using the DVBviewer plug in (which works very well on my Raspberry Pis and also Antroids (ie. Lenova Tablet X86 architecture or Z1 Mobile Phone (ARM7 architecture) as well for Windows. My TV server is distributing the stream wireless via WLAN to the devices in my household. In principal, Zidoo is also working good. But as soon as there are some interruptions in the signal (sometimes the wireless signal is disturbed) then the picture stops (but audio continues) and there is no way to recover the picture. Then I have to stop and start again the TV channel - which is a little bit anoying... (most of the time it takes just soime seconds or in best case some minutes that the TV stops).

Any idea what can be fine tuned ?

Version 1.2.7 of Zidoo X9S
Updatelist:

System:
1,A download tool aria2 added in OpenWrt system.
2,The brightness of VFD can be adjusted now in the setting of system.VFD stands for vacuum fluorescent display which is in the front panel.
3,3D library of skia been improved,subsequently scores of Antutu exceed 40000.
4,Green screen appears occasionally when play 3D movie, this issue has been fixed.
5,RAW out of sync when play some TrueHD and DTSHD HRA movies, this issue has been fixed.
6,After HDR playback exit,HDR status don't back to normal status, this issue has been fixed.
7,The setting of Force downmix audio can't be saved after restart the box,this issue has been fixed.
8,Optimized audio option.If the settings is RAW and playing AAC audio,The audio output will be temporarily auto changed to PCM
9,Enable the statusbar

Launcher:
1,More tips added in the desktop interface.
2,The mouse cursor style changed into a better one.

Player:
1,The offset of subtitle will only valid for once.
2,AutoFrameswitch added 30fps and 60fps.
3,If the movie is paused,press the menu key will not resume the playback.
4,When searching the subtitles,the system will make it a priority to search the subtitles in default subtitle language setted in system advanced settings.The lower priority is system language.The lowest is English.
5,Removed Force SD audio setting.
6,Removed the auto-identify of MKV's MVC.(We now rewriting this part)
7,Bookmarking function is open as default.
8,Press OK to play from the beginning when resuming playback from bookmark.
9,3D playback tips added.

Filemanager:
1,Immediately sync after copy or delete.
2,A button to return to top added.
3,A wrong error report when add&remove the directory in Russian language fixed.

Full_OTA_Package:
Mediafire mirror
Amazon mirror

MD5:92e75f35a30dac901cdb41058a4dddf6

How to upgrade

This version will be test in forum for a week,then push it for OTA upgrade via online.

About ZIDOO X8,will release new version tomorrow

Enjoy!

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - OlivierQC - 2016-11-23

Thanks mirror88,

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - cobric - 2016-11-23

(2016-11-23, 13:41)laola Wrote: So - I played a bit more with the box and I am not so much disappointed anymore - actually after installing the XBMCWrapper (for using Kodi 17 with external player) I am almost happy ;-) Every file I want to play just plays fine (no matter 3D, 4k HDR or just 720p or even SD). So when the bug regarding the HDR turn-off is solved, then the box is really good for playing video files.

Having said this - what is not working very well - that is live TV (I tried ZDMC and Kodi 17 - same results/behaviour). I am using the DVBviewer plug in (which works very well on my Raspberry Pis and also Antroids (ie. Lenova Tablet X86 architecture or Z1 Mobile Phone (ARM7 architecture) as well for Windows. My TV server is distributing the stream wireless via WLAN to the devices in my household. In principal, Zidoo is also working good. But as soon as there are some interruptions in the signal (sometimes the wireless signal is disturbed) then the picture stops (but audio continues) and there is no way to recover the picture. Then I have to stop and start again the TV channel - which is a little bit anoying... (most of the time it takes just soime seconds or in best case some minutes that the TV stops).

Any idea what can be fine tuned ?

Hi,
So you installed latest KODI Krypton, nice. Can you write some impressions is it better that ZDMC and why? And also you are using external player, so can you share your playercorefactory.xml so that we see how did you configure it?

Thank you in advanced!

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - laola - 2016-11-23

it wasn't "invented" by myself - I followed the instructions given by Lony (-> http://www.android-mediaplayer.de/index.php/Thread/3729-Wrapper-Tutorial-f%C3%BCr-X9s/?pageNo=1) - the youtube video shows Kodi 16.1 but it is working exactly in the same way for Kodi 17 (using XBMCWrapper -> 2,99€ playstore)

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - sloth - 2016-11-23

Sorry for the slightly off-topic question. I am new to the Android. Why can't I simply install Kodi 17 from the Playstore and need this wrapper app?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - XtrordinarY - 2016-11-23

(2016-11-23, 16:52)sloth Wrote: Sorry for the slightly off-topic question. I am new to the Android. Why can't I simply install Kodi 17 from the Playstore and need this wrapper app?

Because audio passthrough (e.g. DTS-HD, DTS:X, Dolby Atmos) doesn't work with the built in kodi player due too a few changes the kodi team made in Kodi 17 (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735). But audio passthrough usually works with native players that some android mediaboxes ship with, so you need a wrapper to push the video to native player. But if you're fine with surround downmixed to stereo or pcm 5.1 surround then you're ok with built in kodi player.