Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - sloth - 2016-11-23

Ah, I thought one could define an external player the same way you can in a Windows systen (playercorefactory.xml). Does the wrapper simply make things easier or is it a necessity?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Skank - 2016-11-23

Thx mirror for update. Installing right away

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - XtrordinarY - 2016-11-23

(2016-11-23, 17:55)sloth Wrote: Ah, I thought one could define an external player the same way you can in a Windows systen (playercorefactory.xml). Does the wrapper simply make things easier or is it a necessity?

I don't really know if it's a necessity but you could try ofcourse. If it works without the wrapper you clearly don't need it. Smile

But I think you need it when you need to stream files from other locations like SMB/CIFS. Mayb local files work fine without the wrapper. But I'm not sure I'm no expert with this kind of stuff, mayb someone else can explain.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Skank - 2016-11-23

@mirror88

I know what im going to ask you id probably a far from your bed show but here it goes anyone.
I truly love zidoo, the only thing left for me is support for an addon, i know you are going to say ask the addon programmer but i think i should ask you too.

The program addon is called cinemavisin. It creates a truly cinemaexperience. I just love it.
However since zdmc uses an external player.. The addon doesnt work., it does when not using external player.
If you could lookinto this and test with a sequence for 2d and 3d , i ll praise you and your team into heaven lol

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - OlivierQC - 2016-11-23

Hello,

the first feedback on my discussions board :

xsi77 ( 23 Nov 2016 18:56 )

xsi77 confirms that the lag and cut problem with the HD sound is solved. Tested with antman.

piou ( 23 Nov 2016 19:14)

However, it happens that the sound will cut on the sounband if play with the remote (forward & backward). You need to pause to solve the issue.

Zidoo X8/X9S Realtek (4K60/HDR/3D MVC/Android 6.0)
http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/...k60-hdr-3d-mvc-android-6-0-t30075791-525.html

see you

OlivierQC

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - nikos_a - 2016-11-24

(2016-11-23, 04:54)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 21:05)nikos_a Wrote:
(2016-11-21, 14:54)mirror88 Wrote: I tried all of these they are works fine."Publice" "SmartWare", "TimeMachineBackup"..
May be you should be clean the app cache: Luncher--apps find "file explorer",Press "menu" key on remote,select "clean data".
Then try again.

Well, I tried cleaning cache, trying again and again by changing users, changing from Static to DHCP etc. It all comes down to having different versions of WDMyCloud. By the looks of the screens you posted, it looks we have different versions. Apparently, I have WDMyCloud, 4TB with f/w v04.04.04-101. If you think I can help somehow (I am software engineer), please do not hesitate to contact me. See screens below of my WDMyCloud UI and you will spot differences.
Could you get a log file to us?
http://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide/guide_target/n9KLv4h9WZZKKmVViAFMcQ%3D%3D/seek/log/faq_page/9nCdOWqz%2Bdw%3D.html

I uploaded 4 log files. 2 using File Explorer, 1 trying to access MyCloud through Media Center (although I believe it uses File Explorer) and 1 with external player set in ZDMC and trying to play a file from MyCloud using NFS share in ZDMC*. The files are each in a folder with the name specifying how it came from. If you get them, please let me know. You can download them here. .Regarding IPs, 1.3 is x9s, 1.5 is WDMyCloud. I am not sure if the logs keep any sensitive info, if they do let me know once you get them to delete. Thanks in advance. Logs seem interrupted btw, during crash but I see exception regarding NFS right before the machine reboots.

*NFS share in ZDMC without external player being on, plays fine.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - badbadbad - 2016-11-24

(2016-11-23, 09:41)chicotoba Wrote: What module/script do I have to install?

For starters, you might want to look up some video tutorials on how to implement an OpenWRT wireless bridge.This might solve your basic problem in connectivity.

Now regarding custom scripts (logging into WiFi web portals, creating Guest WiFi, etc.), I can't help you per se, but I always head over to the forum in this place as they have a few DIY scripts and a very helpful community.

Hope this helps. Big Grin

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-11-24

@mirror88, from my testing so far, f/w 1.2.7 appears mostly good. One big issue is TrueHD and ATMOS. I'm getting major audio dropouts with both. DD+ is fine. And, all DTS formats are fine.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - mirror88 - 2016-11-24

(2016-11-24, 05:08)hdmkv Wrote: @mirror88, from my testing so far, f/w 1.2.7 appears mostly good. One big issue is TrueHD and ATMOS. I'm getting major audio dropouts with both. DD+ is fine. And, all DTS formats are fine.

OK,Will check.Could you give me more informations

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - mirror88 - 2016-11-24

(2016-11-24, 00:50)nikos_a Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 04:54)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 21:05)nikos_a Wrote: Well, I tried cleaning cache, trying again and again by changing users, changing from Static to DHCP etc. It all comes down to having different versions of WDMyCloud. By the looks of the screens you posted, it looks we have different versions. Apparently, I have WDMyCloud, 4TB with f/w v04.04.04-101. If you think I can help somehow (I am software engineer), please do not hesitate to contact me. See screens below of my WDMyCloud UI and you will spot differences.
Could you get a log file to us?
http://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide/guide_target/n9KLv4h9WZZKKmVViAFMcQ%3D%3D/seek/log/faq_page/9nCdOWqz%2Bdw%3D.html

I uploaded 4 log files. 2 using File Explorer, 1 trying to access MyCloud through Media Center (although I believe it uses File Explorer) and 1 with external player set in ZDMC and trying to play a file from MyCloud using NFS share in ZDMC*. The files are each in a folder with the name specifying how it came from. If you get them, please let me know. You can download them here. .Regarding IPs, 1.3 is x9s, 1.5 is WDMyCloud. I am not sure if the logs keep any sensitive info, if they do let me know once you get them to delete. Thanks in advance. Logs seem interrupted btw, during crash but I see exception regarding NFS right before the machine reboots.

*NFS share in ZDMC without external player being on, plays fine.

Checking it

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wrxtasy - 2016-11-24

POST Transferred to Zidoo thread

(2016-11-24, 05:15)ZX9S Wrote: Hello,
I recently purchased the Zidoo X9S for game recording. I'm not interested in media player, but I want to record my PS4 game plays.

I've already found lots of bugs on HDMI-IN recording function on the Zidoo X9S. I wrote the bugs and wishlist on the Zidoo's official forum to share the bugs with users and deliver user's wishlist to the developers. After several minutes, the post is blocked. It's a bit embarrassing to me... So I want to share the post with people in this forum who may be interested in the Zidoo X9S.

-------------------

v1.2.7 HDMI-IN Recording options
Video Codec
- H.264 YUV2 (Average : 12~20 Mbps at maximum quality)
Supported resolution
- (16:9) 1920x1080 / 1280x720 / 1024x576 / 960x540 / 720x480
- (4:3) 1440x1080 / 1280x960 / 1152x864 / 1024x768 / 960x720 / 720x576 / 640x480 / 512x384
Supported FPS
- 29.97 (Fixed)
Output file extension name
- TS / MP4 (Same codec)

Audio Codec
- AAC
Supported audio sampling rate
- 96 khz / 48 khz / 44.1 khz / 32 khz / 22.05 khz / 11.025 khz
Supported audio bitrate
- VBR 32 Kbps
Supported audio channels
- 1/2

* I do not have a 4K HDR TV, so some options may not be appeared or correct.

v1.2.7 Bug lists
1. Malfunctioning audio sampling rate - 96 khz doesn't work well (Confirmed)
Actual SR is 30464 hz which is not a standard SR. Also, the audio sounds really buggy.
Solution : Use 48 khz or 44.1 khz only

2. Black notification bar (Confirmed)
It's not necessary to check seconds every seconds. Unlike the main launcher screen, the notification bar doesn't hide on HDMI-IN app. The bar even covers screen in full screen mode.
Solution : None

3. Auto split after 53min 23seconds. (Confirmed)
After 53min and 23 seconds, HDMI IN program splits recording file without notification. I didn't set any duration and let it 'auto'. It would be caused by 4GB limit. (The actual file size is about 3.65 GB - 3,925 MB) I would say that this function is good for most users, but auto-force is not suitable for exFAT USB users.
Solution : None

v1.2.7 Wishlists
1. Improved audio quality - Increase audio bitrate
AAC 32 kbps sounds really ugly. It's certainly not acceptable level. (Too much noise and low resolution.) If it is not limited by hardware, default audio bitrate should be higher than 128 kbps, or adding bitrate options will be more thankful.

2. Repeatable scheduled recording
Adding a daily or weekly scheduled recording may be good for some audiences include me.

3. Deinterlacing on preview screen
Every video player such as potplayer supports deinterlacing options. X9S' recording screen looks a bit ugly while in recording 1080i input. I don't want X9S to touch recording files because potplayer shows better performance, but if deinterlacing effect is added to a preview screen, it will look much better.

4. HDMI Passthrough
Some people may want to bypass HDMI input to output in suspend mode or cold power off. I would say that 7W drawing power is not a big deal.
However, the important thing is that HDMI direct passthrough doesn't have input lag. It will be critical to video game player. Currently HDMI IN app doesn't offer HDMI passthrough, so that it's not good to play game while in recording; the preview screen runs at 29.97 fps with input lag.

5. Continuous Auto-split recording file by time or file size.
This option may be very useful for people who use FAT32 partitioned USB drive.

6. Higher FPS
29.97 FPS may not satisfy people who enjoy PS4 console game. 60 FPS with higher bitrate option will be great.

7. Better video codec
Currently Zidoo X9S doesn't support H.265 HEVC recording, but its AP-the Realtek RTD1295 supports H.265 HEVC encoding with 4K@60 at 300 Mbps. HEVC shows much better graphic performance with smaller file size. so it will be killer deal when the limitation is disabled.

-------------------
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1daWH11DUMtmw1qoV5VeqhkG9n6plrCLe6b8ZdtmHkLE/edit#gid=0
This is an another bug tracking document from another person.

Is there any alternative device to capture HDMI signal? I love the android box because it is small, convenience, and drawing only 7W power. Please recommend the best machine in this category.
- HDMI IN recording (4K is not necessary)
- Small android box
- Abundant recording option for better video/audio quality.
- Scheduled recording
- GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Thank you.

ps. DO NOT BUY THE TRONSMART PAVO M9 ;-)

@ZX9S,

The Kodi hardware Sub Forum is NOT a Zidoo Firmware support service.
You are going to have to get Zidoo to Support you on their own forums for these sorts of Bugs.
If they blocked your original post over there take it up with them. Not Kodi.

Your original thread has been Locked.

(2016-11-24, 05:08)hdmkv Wrote: @mirror88, from my testing so far, f/w 1.2.7 appears mostly good. One big issue is TrueHD and ATMOS. I'm getting major audio dropouts with both. DD+ is fine. And, all DTS formats are fine.

Could you try to replace a HDMI cable test again?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - ZX9S - 2016-11-24

(2016-11-24, 07:11)wrxtasy Wrote: The Kodi hardware Sub Forum is NOT a Zidoo Firmware support service.

I knew this issue is not directly related with the KODI, and I didn't expect that someone would help me because of no rooting method on the device. However, this forum looks like evaluating some android boxes including zidoo X9S, and threads covers both KODI software and hardware. So, I wanted to share detailed information to people who are considering X9S in the near future. Anyway, I think it's ok to move my post to here... I hope KODI will include better HDMI IN recording function in the future.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - OlivierQC - 2016-11-24

@hdmkv

did you check the CEC ?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - laola - 2016-11-24

FW 1.2.27 is useless when you want to use a "standard" Kodi version (i.e. Kodi 17). The wrapper doesn't work anymore. And the live TV doesn't work without using a wrapper....

Really bad... :-(