Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-11-25

(2016-11-25, 06:29)mirror88 Wrote: We tested all of the ATMOS/TrueHD samples two hours,but cant found any problem.What's wrong?
settings:
HDMI OUTPUT:2160P 60HZ
AVRBig Grinenon X-1200W
Audio: HDMI RAW
Enable frame rate switch
Was able to fix my dropouts problem. Downgraded to 1.2.6, rebooted, updated to 1.2.7, rebooted... and so far no dropouts w/TrueHD and ATMOS.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - solitarysolidarity - 2016-11-26

I just purchased the Zidoo X9S as my first android box. Completely new to android box streaming so I don't want to miss any obvious setup tips. I messed around with some Kodi app installations on PC for about 30 minutes before ordering a box to make sure it wasn't too difficult, so I imagine setting up a box is the exact same?

Is there anything in particular that I need to do before getting started with my Kodi setup? I did a factory reset (unnecessary, I know) and checked the firmware - it says its up to date (although if memory serves it said 1.2.6 and not the recent .7 update, but I can mess with a local update later).

I've chosen to install Kodi via Google Play Store instead of using the preinstalled ZDMC (I'm not familiar how a customized version of Kodi would work. Especially in terms of keeping up with Kodi updates). If there's any reason I should opt for ZDMC over Kodi then I'd love to know. Is it necessary to keep Kodi up to date to ensure it runs properly?

Anything that should be taken care of in general?

Also, I know it's unlikely, but are there any security concerns to be aware of with android boxes? I know they should function more or less like android phones, but I'm just curious since Kodi (from what I understand) sends lots of requests to various sources and pulls a lot of random data in. There's no anti-virus or firewalls to be setup?

Thanks!

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-11-26

See post #1 for screenshots w/my recommended settings. Then, update to f/w 1.2.7 (not available via online update yet) by putting the zip on a USB stick and choosing local update.

Re: official Kodi vs. ZDMC, you can use former, but you won't get 3D MVC. Well, you can via a $3 wrapper app and a custom playercorefactory.xml. With ZDMC, the playback by the external player feels more seamless. ZDMC feels and behaves pretty much like official Kodi 16. I expect Zidoo will release a Kodi 17-based ZDMC at some point after it's out of beta.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - tsainont - 2016-11-26

G'Day everyone,

I'm currently using Egreat S2 as my file player. It's still working great. A long while back, I heard about these android box that can play files. But I believed it was in early stage. Last month I had read another forum that talked about these boxes. So I decided to try one. I bought X92 (S912) from Aliexpress on 11/11 deal. I got it few days ago and tried playing around with. I'm not quite happy with it since it doesn't pass through HD sound. So I kept reading many forums and stumbled on this site. After reading and comparing different aspects of each box, I decide to buy Zidoo X9S. But before I do, I want to know more about which player plays best in term of PQ and SQ. I heard of native player, ZDMC + wrapper. What are these and how to use them?

Thanks in advance

Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Caramba69 - 2016-11-26

(2016-11-26, 05:18)hdmkv Wrote: See post #1 for screenshots w/my recommended settings. Then, update to f/w 1.2.7 (not available via online update yet) by putting the zip on a USB stick and choosing local update.

Re: official Kodi vs. ZDMC, you can use former, but you won't get 3D MVC. Well, you can via a $3 wrapper app and a custom playercorefactory.xml. With ZDMC, the playback by the external player feels more seamless. ZDMC feels and behaves pretty much like official Kodi 16. I expect Zidoo will release a Kodi 17-based ZDMC at some point after it's out of beta.

1.2.7 doesn't work with Kodi plus wrapper.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - laola - 2016-11-26

(2016-11-26, 10:04)Caramba69 Wrote:
(2016-11-26, 05:18)hdmkv Wrote: See post #1 for screenshots w/my recommended settings. Then, update to f/w 1.2.7 (not available via online update yet) by putting the zip on a USB stick and choosing local update.

1.2.7 doesn't work with Kodi plus wrapper.

That's basically not true - it is working fine using the "half root method" when you would delete the superuser.apk in the folder where the :bat file (for "rooting" the device) is executed.

Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Caramba69 - 2016-11-26

Where is the folder? I didn't look at the folder on the PC. I was looking on my android. Now it works.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - movie78 - 2016-11-26

How are you guys rooting this device and getting the external player to work?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-11-26

You can check out this thread.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - movie78 - 2016-11-26

(2016-11-26, 16:58)hdmkv Wrote: You can check out this thread.

This is what i found.

Why are you wanting to use this wrapper method vs. ZDMC w/external player option (which is much easier)? For using Kodi 17?

Either or it doesn't matter just want hit play and the external player start.

Then, just ZDMC w/external enabled...

(2016-11-26, 18:10)hdmkv Wrote: Then, just ZDMC w/external enabled...

I change it to External Player and set my DISC to Play Main Movie, but when i start 3D playback it still plays with Kodi internal player not Zidooplayer.

Any idea?

You need to choose 'Show simplified menu', which gives you the 'Play with 3d mode' option...

Not sure why Zidoo opted for this method as it would be preferable to have 'play main movie' do just that w/external player in 3D mode. Maybe Zidoo's embedded wrapper can't distinguish between a 3D ISO and a 2D ISO. Just a guess.