Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - KILLERNADS - 2016-11-28

(2016-11-28, 21:04)opeters Wrote: Did you switch to expert mode in KODI alias ZBMC?

Switch on send to external player if you need 3D.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I'll check again but I'm pretty sure expert is enabled. Should all audio be RAW in Zidoo settings?

Is the external player just better all round? Even for 2d content? Should I be sending everything to external player?

What's this business with the wrapper and flashing the image on the box, how can I benefit if I do those things?

Thanks

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - opeters - 2016-11-28

For settings look at post 1 from "hdmkv", I use the same settings atm.
Information about external player vs internal player is also there.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - KILLERNADS - 2016-11-28

I've checked my settings and expert is enabled.

However under audio output there is nothing available like passthrough, dts, Dolby etc like you usually get on KodiHuh

Do I need to install something else to get this to work? I'm using the defaul skin of confluence too at the moment so doesn't make sense why the audio options are not showing!!

I've enabled to always output to external player too now but even the external player is not playing the correct audio format. Not dts or atmos etc showing up?!?

I'm baffled! Anyone know anything I can try?

Thanks

Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - bongchillog - 2016-11-28

Im using x9s on 1.2.7

Please help me how to open bmdv iso folder inside zdmc[kodi] without browsing through stream folder. I could do it easily using media center. Just having problems on zdmc even my settings is show bd simple menu.

Sent from my iPhone

I have the exact same settings as in the screenshots in post #1.

In audio output nothing appears below Play GUI Sounds??

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - movie78 - 2016-11-28

(2016-11-28, 22:18)KILLERNADS Wrote: I have the exact same settings as in the screenshots in post #1.

In audio output nothing appears below Play GUI Sounds??

What AVR are you using?

Sorry guys, it was me being stupid!! The Bluetooth connection was enabled and connected with Amazon Echo, so it treated that as the only speaker which is why no options for audio were being displayed!

Thankfully sorted that out now!!

One wuestion though is that I took the new firmware 1.2.7 from the first post and updated the box and now I have a nasty status bar at the top of the screen, that doesn't go away no matter what!!

Anyone know how to get rid of it? I went through all the android settings but couldn't find how to remove it!

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-11-29

Not aware of any status bar... can you take a photo of it? @mirror88 should be able to help with it.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - movie78 - 2016-11-29

So does the external player worked on version 1.2.6 ?
As explain by @hdmkv from the image above

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - mirror88 - 2016-11-29

(2016-11-29, 00:25)movie78 Wrote: So does the external player worked on version 1.2.6 ?
As explain by @hdmkv from the image above

If you switch to "show BD menu",can't use the external player function

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - movie78 - 2016-11-29

Play Main movie should auto start the external player(Zidoo player) because starting movie and scrolling down to fine the correct playlist can sometimes be annoying.

Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - bongchillog - 2016-11-29

Still not able to solve bmdv folder detection auto play in kodi. You have to browse through stream folder....Only default media player can do it outside kodi....

Did some research and found what is missing on the Zidoo X8
The Default player for MKV's ZIDOOPLAYER and the Default player for ISO files is DVDPLAYER

I need to find out how to change the playercorefactory file use ZIDOOPLAYER for all files (ISO and MKV).

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-11-29

I couldn't find a playercorefactory.xml in the userdata folder inside the ZDMC folder. Appears Zidoo is controlling which player type ZDMC defaults to via code embedded somewhere. @mirror88, it would be useful if you could allow users to modify this via some kind of a config file.

(2016-11-29, 15:41)hdmkv Wrote: I couldn't find a playercorefactory.xml in the userdata folder inside the ZDMC folder. Appears Zidoo is controlling which player type ZDMC defaults to via code embedded somewhere. @mirror88, it would be useful if you could allow users to modify this via some kind of a config file.

Agreed, it will be nice if we can change the default player settings either with playercorefactory.xml or changes within Kodi.