Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Skank - 2016-12-21

Mirror,

willing to try the addon "cinemavision" with zidoo X9S using external player?
thats a big thing for me

gonna install beta now

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Skank - 2016-12-21

zidoo forum down?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - mirror88 - 2016-12-21

(2016-12-21, 14:20)rockhard Wrote:
(2016-12-21, 14:01)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-12-21, 12:48)rockhard Wrote: Hi Mirror88

You're probably misunderstanding what I'm saying. It does work but only for the last movie I watch. Say I'm watching Movie A and then stop at 40 minute mark. I then play Movie A again. It'll start at 40 minute mark. However lets say instead of watching Movie A I watch Movie B and stop at 30 minute mark. If I now go back to watch Movie A it'll start from the beginning instead of starting at 40. This only happens with the native player. Kodi itself resumes just fine

Besides the bookmark option is already on. I think it's on by default in 1.2.7
I need to retrace your steps? Tried 10 movies no problem.

Will be happy to help you solve this issue, I'll make a video of this and send you a link tomorrow
Hi,Are you setting the "repeat one" ?We found the issue.If set to "repeat one",The bookmark just remember the last movie.Will solve it,Thanks for your feedback.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - jedpod - 2016-12-21

Regarding searching for interesting spot on the watched movie I've got one comment. The functionality nice to have would be quick jump over the predefined time.
I like feature implemented on Enigma2 - on my Vu-Duo PVR. It uses keys '7', '4' and '1' to jump backward by 10 sec, 1 min, 5 minutes accordingly and keys '9', '6' and '3' to jump forward by the same time. It means once I push '1' the movie jumps by 5 minutes forward relatively to the actual position, pressing '1' again the movie goes forward for another 5 minutes. Fast and precise. Periods of time are settable. It helps to move efficiently along the movie, search by vertical bar at the bottom of screen is useless, every time I use it I jump to random spot. Using number keys is more deterministic.

I've got both Z9S and Q10 Pro and I found both lacking of such feature. Why? it should be pretty simple to implement the jump over the defined time period.
My Dune D1 has got primitive solution to jump over to 0%, 10%, 20%, .. , 90% upon pushing keys '0', '1', '2',..'9' so there are 10 fixed points available working as kind of bookmark - this is at least some option but not as flexible as available on Enigma2.

How to report this nice to have feature to be considered upon further software development ?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - cobric - 2016-12-21

(2016-12-21, 12:51)rockhard Wrote: It is disabled

Strange, for me box stays shutdown no matter if I disable or enable CEC Smile And I would like that it power itself on and off the same time as my TV/AVR. Ah well, I can live with additional button push Smile

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - KILLERNADS - 2016-12-21

This box is a pain to use and has way too many issues.

After a month of usage I'm going to return it for a refund in Jan 17.

Infact im probably going to go back to using my 1080p Windows 10 Kodi machine. To be honest i played the same 1080p bluray movie on both the 1080p windows machine and Zidoo X9S at 4K res along with Nvidia shield also set to 4K res.

I stopped the scene on exactly the same place, and there was no difference in quality at all between all the three boxes. Hence, the 1080p Windows machine is working just fine for me, (think the projector is probably doing the upscaling to 4K), but as there is no difference, i don't suppose i would need a 4K box for anything else, i can continue to use my windows device for 3D MVC ISO films and use the nVidia Shield for anything else.

The Zidoo just has to many issues for my to use it, problems using internal player, video syncing, subtitles, bookmarks, HD AUDIO issues, etc... These are all very crucial issues, and sorry but i can not recommend anyone to buy this box.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wesk05 - 2016-12-21

I checked the audio dropout issue with 2D ISOs again. It didn't matter whether CEC was enabled or disabled, whether the movie was played locally or streamed from NAS. It also didn't matter which software was used to backup the disc (I checked AnyDVD HD and DVDFab).

Interestingly, I cut a 2 min ISO sample of the Ghostbusters movie and that didn't have any dropout. For those with Ghostbusters movie, the audio (DTS-HD Master Audio) drops first at around 1:19 and then again at 1:41. It then drops at ~6, 12min and then randomly at other places.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - KILLERNADS - 2016-12-21

Interestingly I watched ghostbusters 3D ISO on weekend and didn't have any dropouts on audio.

However when I watched zootopia it was dreadful and unwatchable.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - OlivierQC - 2016-12-21

I did not have time to test the new beta 5 FW 1.2.8

but we can see on the changelog :

2,Increased the buffer of DTS HD audio from 100ms to 300ms.

I do not know if it can solve the issue

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-12-21

Here comes Zappiti with 3x new RTD1295-based players...
- http://zappiti.com/zappiti-mini-4k-hdr.html
- http://zappiti.com/zappiti-one-4k-hdr.html
- http://zappiti.com/zappiti-duo-4k-hdr.html

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - TheShoe - 2016-12-22

the zappiti top of line specs look good. dont they always? but unfortunately no DSD support so still not my all in one solution. but i have jriver for that.

will wait for reviews. i see no indication mkv mvc is supported. just 3D iso

these guys any good? never heard of them

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-12-22

Zappiti has mostly been a front-end alternative to Kodi, but never as good. Dune was better on the hardware side, w/Zappiti as the front-end. Let's see how well they fare w/hardware and software, but Zidoo is ahead of the game I think. But, competition is a good thing for us consumers. Zappiti has fallen short w/previous offerings.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - rockhard - 2016-12-22

(2016-12-21, 14:51)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-12-21, 14:20)rockhard Wrote:
(2016-12-21, 14:01)mirror88 Wrote: I need to retrace your steps? Tried 10 movies no problem.

Will be happy to help you solve this issue, I'll make a video of this and send you a link tomorrow
Hi,Are you setting the "repeat one" ?We found the issue.If set to "repeat one",The bookmark just remember the last movie.Will solve it,Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Mirror88

Thanks for your suggestion. But where is this repeat option?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - mirror88 - 2016-12-22

(2016-12-22, 03:31)rockhard Wrote:
(2016-12-21, 14:51)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-12-21, 14:20)rockhard Wrote: Will be happy to help you solve this issue, I'll make a video of this and send you a link tomorrow

Hi Mirror88

Thanks for your suggestion. But where is this repeat option?

Will solve it in next version.currently,you can change to another repeat mode.

Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - bongchillog - 2016-12-22

My wishlisht for next update..

1. Stream folder in Bmdv iso will be played continuosly.0001.mts to end.
Because when im playing dolby atmos demo bluray. Zidoo is confused in which is the main track to play. Since there is no main track.. bluray are clips.. i have to browse manually through stream folder but i play it one by one.it automatically stop per track.

2. Resume on bluray iso when playing.

3. Fixed audio drop outs in bd iso and bmdv

4. Fixed 4k issue. Auto hdmi mode. Doesnt seem to work with 2160p. You have to manually set hdmi mode manually to play 4k videos with certain framerate everytime you open 4k file....

5. Access subscene plug in, in wrapper or default media center. Default subtitle downloader seems not to work very well.