Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - gadgetman67 - 2017-01-05

(2017-01-05, 17:13)nikos_a Wrote: No, not via ZDMC. Through the Zidoo explorer. I go to a Samba share, I play a file, I press back so many times to go out of the share (say to main screen), then I try to get back in to the same share and I can't. Throws the "Unknown error" message. It has been reported by others too. The only way to get this back to work is to restart the x9s.

Yes the above happened to me but not no more after installing the latest beta.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - boboiusa - 2017-01-05

(2017-01-05, 17:13)nikos_a Wrote: No, not via ZDMC. Through the Zidoo explorer. I go to a Samba share, I play a file, I press back so many times to go out of the share (say to main screen), then I try to get back in to the same share and I can't. Throws the "Unknown error" message. It has been reported by others too. The only way to get this back to work is to restart the x9s.

Here's another report of the issue (I suppose with 1.2.6 judging from the post date)

http://forums.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291943&pid=2458009#pid2458009

I had the same problem. I used a domain account to access the share. I had to setup a local user on my Server 2012 R2 and use that account to add the SMB share. After that it disappeared. I have told mirror 88 that there is a problem with MSB and domain access. I am not sure if they have replicated that issue.
Are you using a domain account for access?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - scottj01 - 2017-01-06

Ah, that explains some of the problem I've been having. I just got my X8 last week and posted my problem on the Zidoo forum. I have a Samba file server with ~200 3D Blu-Ray ISOs that I cannot access via the Zidoo Explorer/external player. I can access it just fine under ZDMC (and also with my Mede8er and HTPC). And yes, I have my Samba setup as an AD DC with domain authentication.

Mirror88: If you need help setting up a test environment, please contact me. It's easy to do using a VM. Also, please add me to your beta list as I would be happy to test the 1.2.8 release to see if this issue has been resolved.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Boccione - 2017-01-06

hi I'm new but I follow you for a long time. I have a problem that I often, occasionally the native player stops changing the resolution forcing me to do a complete reset of the zidoo. And it already happened 3 times in 2 months .... and if not Do I reset the situation is not pristine .... if you can find a solution would be very good for me. Yours sincerely

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Binnetie - 2017-01-06

Yesterday i played a movie. It starts with a conversation and the subtitles are showing tags like this:

<i>blablabla</i>

In the whole movie their are of lot of this sort of conversation by radio, it's very disturbing
I tried to fixed it in the subtitle option, but the <i> tags don't disappear. Is this a bug or is there a simple way to fix this?

And is it possible to change the font of the subtitle?
I think this one is a better font (it don't have a shadow):

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - rockhard - 2017-01-06

(2017-01-06, 12:58)Binnetie Wrote: Yesterday i played a movie. It starts with a conversation and the subtitles are showing tags like this:

<i>blablabla</i>

In the whole movie their are of lot of this sort of conversation by radio, it's very disturbing
I tried to fixed it in the subtitle option, but the <i> tags don't disappear. Is this a bug or is there a simple way to fix this?

I have this problem too and mentioned it in my review. These are html tags. <i> means the text should italicized . Native player cannot render html tags but ZDMC(kodi) can. You'll need to watch the movie in ZDMC until they fix the issue

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - nikos_a - 2017-01-06

(2017-01-05, 18:34)boboiusa Wrote: I had the same problem. I used a domain account to access the share. I had to setup a local user on my Server 2012 R2 and use that account to add the SMB share. After that it disappeared. I have told mirror 88 that there is a problem with MSB and domain access. I am not sure if they have replicated that issue.
Are you using a domain account for access?

No I don't. I have a shared folder on my Win 10 PC, it is shared for everyone to have read access and password protected sharing sharing is turned off. I have been using this settings for all media players I had in the last 6 years without any issues at all.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - magicarius - 2017-01-06

I don't know if this issue was signaled but after several days open and close with hdmi-cec subtitle not show(only 3d subtitle idx+sub works)with native player. If close player with remote control and open subtitle is show again.

X8 with 1.2.7

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Binnetie - 2017-01-06

(2017-01-06, 14:01)rockhard Wrote:
(2017-01-06, 12:58)Binnetie Wrote: Yesterday i played a movie. It starts with a conversation and the subtitles are showing tags like this:

<i>blablabla</i>

I have this problem too and mentioned it in my review. These are html tags. <i> means the text should italicized . Native player cannot render html tags but ZDMC(kodi) can. You'll need to watch the movie in ZDMC until they fix the issue
This is with the ZDMC player:

and this with the native player:

Should they have to fix it in the ZDMC player?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - leonkoum - 2017-01-09

Any news from beta testers?
When we will have a new firmware?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2017-01-09

No word yet. Latest beta remains v1.2.8_Beta5 ... here are the key issues that remain that I'm aware of:
  • When you play a 3D MVC ISO in 2D, it doesn't switch the refresh rate. It plays at the refresh rate the GUI is set to
  • Audio dropouts with 2D ISO (haven't noticed w/MKV's) (reported by @OlivierQC)
  • MVC MKV's now play stutter-free, but 3D depth isn't quite on par with 3D ISO's of same movies (reported by @DaMacFunkin)
  • 3D MVC MKV's and Blu-ray .m2ts have a slight mis-scaling issue (reported @Zidoo beta forum)
  • A/V dropouts at 4K when Deep Color mode is enabled (reported by @wesk05)
  • Annoying typos and improper grammar in several places (settings, ZDMC)

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Skank - 2017-01-09

(2017-01-09, 21:31)hdmkv Wrote: No word yet. Latest beta remains v1.2.8_Beta5 ... here are the key issues that remain that I'm aware of:
  • When you play a 3D MVC ISO in 2D, it doesn't switch the refresh rate. It plays at the refresh rate the GUI is set to
  • Audio dropouts with 2D ISO (haven't noticed w/MKV's) (reported by @OlivierQC)
  • MVC MKV's now play stutter-free, but 3D depth isn't quite on par with 3D ISO's of same movies (reported by @DaMacFunkin)
  • 3D MVC MKV's and Blu-ray .m2ts have a slight mis-scaling issue (reported @Zidoo beta forum)
  • A/V dropouts at 4K when Deep Color mode is enabled (reported by @wesk05)
  • Annoying typos and improper grammar in several places (settings, ZDMC)

Add dropouts with dts-hd tracks! Cracks in kodi menu too

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2017-01-09

Dropouts in any container (MKV, ISO)? 2D and 3D? Can you elaborate so I can test and report as well? Thanks.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - scottj01 - 2017-01-09

Better add reliable access to SMB file shares. If I can't get to my library, my unit is going back to Amazon.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - OlivierQC - 2017-01-10

(2017-01-09, 22:14)hdmkv Wrote: Dropouts in any container (MKV, ISO)? 2D and 3D? Can you elaborate so I can test and report as well? Thanks.

Hello hdmkv,

in my case,

I have both versions of ID4 resurgence, i watched the first 5 minutes

ISO 2D / dts hd audio dropout

ISO 3D/2D dts hd no audio dropout

see you