Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-09-29

(2016-09-29, 12:36)OlivierQC Wrote: Hello hdmkv,

about PQ, zidoo has a better picture compared to the himedia Q10 pro/Imprex Engine 2.0 ?
Very subjective, but I'd say as good, for different reasons. There appears to be no digital processing on Zidoo (from what I can discern using AVS HD 709 'sharpness' pattern). PQ looks great. Just wish there were basic picture controls in settings for fine-tuning brightness, contrast, saturation, etc. Hopefully Zidoo is able to add this, as we don't want to be forced to do it via our TV/PJ just for X9S (saved as a separate picture setting for it). @mirror88 has said Zidoo is looking into adding picture controls.

With HiMedia and Imprex 2.0, PQ is also very good, but has a slightly more 'digital' look in comparison. This is w/Imprex, using low/medium application of processing. Now, if I use these settings, PQ starts to look closer to Zidoo's. Really splitting hairs here as I'm not doing a side-by-side comparison, but using one player and switching to the other. So, you quickly start to forget what (you think) you saw just a couple of minutes ago.

Curious what @Skank thinks as he has both players as well, and hopefully others who have both will post their PQ difference impressions too.

(2016-09-29, 08:09)DenisDA Wrote:
(2016-09-29, 07:24)Skank Wrote: Hdmkv, how do i enable wrapper in zdmc?

Videos settings - Playback - check box "Play video with external player"
I posted photos of all recommended settings in post #1. Also see the 'Tips & Tricks' section.

(2016-09-29, 11:18)wrxtasy Wrote: to @hdmkv,
As this question was lost and not answered from over in the HiRes Audio thread:

(2016-08-20, 11:17)Koying Wrote: 24bits is just a false issue, as Android now supports float, which is basically 32bits.
The real "issue" is that the Android mixer is still limited to 48khz, afaik, so you have to bypass it somehow to be able to output 96khz or 192khz.
I'm now finding confusing, conflicting information in a number of Android Kodi media player Audio tests that I find hard to believe.

From @hdmkv's Q10 Pro testing: (and Zidoo X9S)
Quote:[Audio] 96kHz, 192kHz and 96kHz/24-bit = all three pass

So do HiMedia and Zidoo use the private C Audio interface, the same way Google Music (exclusively) does it ?
Are we 100% sure > 48khz Audio is actually being output ?
My AVR's front panel display showed 96kHz and 192kHz when testing w/HiMedia. Wonder if there's another indicator I can check. AVR's on-screen display only shows PCM, TrueHD, etc. and # of channels, not much else.

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - JustAnotherUser - 2016-09-29

@hdmkv in another X9S thread it was mentioned that there was a lack of 3D "pop", something about an 8 pixel limit, how does the 3D effect compare to other boxes (eg Q10Pro) ?
Are subtitle presented in 3D correctly?

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-09-29

There is plenty of 3D pop, and depth. This is via 3D ISO's. Didn't check w/MVC MKV's due to stutter/judder issue I noted in review. Re: 3D subs, I'm not an expert, but using 'The Taking of Tiger Mountain' 3D to check (here's a sample I posted to a/v wiki), I have no trouble reading all the subtitles. No parts of the subs are hidden behind objects in the 3D planes.

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - desertplanet - 2016-09-29

Question about rez..

If you setup the player for 4k/60 hdr, and decide to play a 1080p file, will the player be able to output the 1080p and not up convert.
I ask, as himedia will always up convert the 1080p, and looks soft and dull.
When I set the output to native 1080p, videos look sharp, and awesome..
Can this player auto switch rez depending on source?

Sent from my LG-H812

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - movie78 - 2016-09-29

(2016-09-29, 14:56)hdmkv Wrote: There is plenty of 3D pop, and depth. This is via 3D ISO's. Didn't check w/MVC MKV's due to stutter/judder issue I noted in review. Re: 3D subs, I'm not an expert, but using 'The Taking of Tiger Mountain' 3D to check (here's a sample I posted to a/v wiki), I have no trouble reading all the subtitles. No parts are hidden behind objects in the 3D planes.

3D Depth and PopOut was one of the main issues they had with the X6 Pro.

I have a Sintel Demo(Blender foundation) and I can remember where I download it from, below is the MediaInfo, when I try to play this file in the Himedia I only get Audio no Video.

I will try to upload a sample when I get some time.

Quote:
PHP Code:
General
Unique ID                                
193454216072545170653434067265510974334 (0x9189ED40282DAF9B8F9EFEFFA2BC237E)
Complete name                            E:\4k\Sintel 4K HI10P.mkv
Format                                   
Matroska
Format version                           
Version 4 Version 2
File size                                
3.58 GiB
Duration                                 
14 min 48 s
Overall bit rate mode                    
Variable
Overall bit rate                         
34.6 Mb/s
Encoded date                             
UTC 2010-02-22 21:41:31
Writing application                      
mkvmerge v5.9.0 ('On The Loose'built on Dec  9 2012 15:37:01
Writing library                          
libebml v1.3.0 libmatroska v1.4.0

Video
ID                                       
Format                                   
AVC
Format
/Info                              Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           
High 4:4:4 Predictive@L5.1
Format settings
CABAC                   Yes
Format settings
ReFrames                5 frames
Muxing mode                              
Header stripping
Codec ID                                 
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                                 
14 min 48 s
[b]Width                                    4 096 pixels
Height                                   
1 744 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     
2.35:1
Frame rate mode                          
Constant
Frame rate                               
24.000 FPS
Color space                              
YUV
Chroma subsampling                       
4:4:4
Bit depth                                
10 bits
Scan type                                
Progressive[/b]
Writing library                          x264 core 129 r2230+696+35 805d074 tMod [10-bit@all X86_64]
Encoding settings                        cabac=ref=deblock=1:0:analyse=0x3:0x133 me=umh subme=10 psy=fade_compensate=0.00 psy_rd=0.60:0.16 mixed_ref=me_range=32 chroma_me=trellis=8x8dct=cqm=deadzone=21,11 fast_pskip=chroma_qp_offset=-threads=24 lookahead_threads=sliced_threads=nr=decimate=interlaced=bluray_compat=constrained_intra=fgo=bframes=b_pyramid=b_adapt=b_bias=direct=weightb=open_gop=weightp=keyint=infinite keyint_min=24 scenecut=40 intra_refresh=rc_lookahead=72 rc=crf mbtree=crf=17.0000 qcomp=0.80 qpmin=qpmax=81 qpstep=ip_ratio=1.40 aq=3:0.80
Language                                 
English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   
No
Color range                              
Full

Audio 
ID                                       2
Format                                   
FLAC
Format
/Info                              Free Lossless Audio Codec
Codec ID                                 
A_FLAC
Duration                                 
14 min 48 s
Bit rate mode                            
Variable
Channel
(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        
FrontL C RBackL RLFE
Sampling rate                            
48.0 kHz
Bit depth                                
16 bits
Title                                    
Writing library                          
libFLAC 1.2.1 (UTC 2007-09-17)
Language                                 English
Forced                                   
No

Audio 
ID                                       3
Format                                   
FLAC
Format
/Info                              Free Lossless Audio Codec
Codec ID                                 
A_FLAC
Duration                                 
14 min 48 s
Bit rate mode                            
Variable
Channel
(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        
FrontL R
Sampling rate                            
48.0 kHz
Bit depth                                
16 bits
Title                                    
Writing library                          
libFLAC 1.2.1 (UTC 2007-09-17)
Language                                 English
Default                                  : No
Forced                                   
No

Text 
ID                                       4
Format                                   
UTF-8
Codec ID                                 
S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID
/Info                            UTF-8 Plain Text
Title                                    
chs
Language                                 
Chinese
Forced                                   
No

Text 
ID                                       5
Format                                   
UTF-8
Codec ID                                 
S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID
Title                                    
cht
Language                                 
Chinese
Forced                                   
No

Text 
ID                                       6
Format                                   
UTF-8
Codec ID                                 
S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID
Language                                 
English
Forced                                   
No 

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - OlivierQC - 2016-09-29

@ hdmkv,

thanks for your answer

i will buy it when it will be available in Canada.

@desertplanet,

Yes I noticed that too, this is why i use 1080p60hz with my Q10 pro

I'll test whether 1080p is output at 4K.

@movie78, partially agree w/you on X6 (depth was okay, not great, but PQ was more on flat side). X6 used the so-so Rockchip 3368 SoC. X9S has a totally different SoC w/Realtek 1295. X9S does not have any issues w/3D quality, in ISO's only for now however.

On a related note, I'm reading rumors that Mede8er may finally release a new player using RTD1295. They've been known to take their time and do it right, so will be interesting if they jump in.

(2016-09-28, 17:33)hdmkv Wrote: Over CAT5E wired, via my Synology NAS, it can actually do 300Mbps using native player. With ZDMC and internal player, 180Mbps. Your NAS and network affect bandwidth obviously.
I'll try the max available 400Mbps later today.
Tested, and X9S plays Jellyfish-400-Mbps-2160p-hevc-10bit clip smoothly.

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - movie78 - 2016-09-29

@hdmkv

Can the dual HDMI on the X9S be used as Elgato(Video capture)?

Quote: Three new manufacturers confirmed that they will release their own RTD1295 devices soon:

Zappiti, which did wonders with the previous Realtek SoC will release a device using RTD1295 later this year. All the Zappiti goodies (like Zappiti Media Center and Zappiti Explorer) will work out of the box.
Xtreamer confirmed that they will release a new HDMI streamer and recorder using RTD1295: Xtreamer eXpress
Eweat, one of the first manufacturers to release an RTD1195 device will have their own RTD1295 Mini PC's as well (there will be 3 models from Eweat, first being Eweat R9).

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - spawn_lmg - 2016-09-29

(2016-09-29, 15:24)hdmkv Wrote: Tested, and X9S plays Jellyfish-400-Mbps-2160p-hevc-10bit clip smoothly.

SAMBA or NFS ?

SMB.

@movie78, re: video whose MediaInfo you posted above, I don't believe Android can play H.264 10-bit with h/w decode (s/w only).

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - spawn_lmg - 2016-09-29

(2016-09-29, 16:23)hdmkv Wrote: SMB.
You can record video with 400Mbps and show us?

You don't believe me?! Laugh Wink

(Hope above shows up and YouTube doesn't block it due to few commercial movie/video segments I've demo'd.)

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - OlivierQC - 2016-09-29

Hello hdmkv,

i opened a thread about new zidoo X9 S on homecinema-fr.com, can i used your video link ?

thanks in advance

OlivierQC

Yes, sure thing. Are you able to view the video? Last time I did this, YT blocked it maybe cuz I had parts of Blu-ray movies shown (maybe longer than allowed or something, don't know).

yes it works , good work as usual Smile