Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - gadgetman67 - 2017-01-13

(2017-01-13, 10:32)mirror88 Wrote: As I said, we have made a crucial progress on the issue of audio dropout . I'm glad to tell you the good news that we have solved it today. So we will release a new version soon. This version also optimized the subtitles display on native player, it looks great.
It is really very difficult, many engineers work on this issue for more than a month, until we got some very professional analysis instruments to find the issue, anyway, we have a good result now ,Cheers!

i currently not having audio drop outs now, any opinion on my above problem with kodi library?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - mirror88 - 2017-01-13

(2017-01-13, 10:40)gadgetman67 Wrote:
(2017-01-13, 10:32)mirror88 Wrote: As I said, we have made a crucial progress on the issue of audio dropout . I'm glad to tell you the good news that we have solved it today. So we will release a new version soon. This version also optimized the subtitles display on native player, it looks great.
It is really very difficult, many engineers work on this issue for more than a month, until we got some very professional analysis instruments to find the issue, anyway, we have a good result now ,Cheers!

i currently not having audio drop outs now, any opinion on my above problem with kodi library?

OK.will check it

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - sloth - 2017-01-13

I only watched one movie (1080p, Dolby HD Master BluRay mkv) and had no audio issues at all. Will test more tonight.
@mirror88: are there any plans to enable Amazon Video app again. If I am not mistaken it did work in an earlier version but crashes now once the video starts.

Cheers,
Jonas

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - aramakao - 2017-01-13

@ mirror88
I have Zidoo X9S connected to a Panasonic VT50 plasma through a Denon X3100.
I have issues with HDMI CEC:
- switch on the player, the TV doesen't switch on and doesn't switch on right HDMI input (I've also connected a sony PS4 and a Sony Bluray player, they do correctly).
Regards

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - leonkoum - 2017-01-13

Good news zidoo team...
Keep going the good job.
We will wait the new firmware to release soon I hope

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - cisco - 2017-01-13

Hello everyone I have a problem: when recording from HDMI IN and turn off the tv, also turns off the recording!I'm recording from an external decoder.
I turned off hdmi cec.Help me please.Thanks

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - rgulian - 2017-01-13

hi.
I have zidooX8 FW1.2.7 ,play with ZDMC/KODI.
Watch movies over the Internet(streaming) always freezes ,Gets a black screen, see only Subtitles Confused
Sometimes there is just the sound With black screen.
play my movie file ,it's ok.
How to Fix It ?
Thanks...

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - leonkoum - 2017-01-14

(2017-01-13, 16:38)leonkoum Wrote:

Good news zidoo team...
Keep going the good job.
We will wait the new firmware to release soon I hope

We have new firmware 1.2.10
Thanks zidoo team, keep going the good job
Let's hope the problem have been fix

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - OlivierQC - 2017-01-14

Hello all,

Version 1.2.10 of Zidoo X9S

Updatelist:

1,Fixed the issue of accidental audio dropouts on Atmos and DTS-HD.
2,Improved the display effect of external subtitle.
3,Supported AVS+ videos.
4,Fixed the issue of IPTV addon of ZDMC.
5,Fixed the File manager overload issue when a path contained too many video files.
6,Fixed the searching issue of the external subtitle from SMB share.

Personally, i hope he will be available soon for the Zidoo X8.

see you

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - balou63 - 2017-01-14

Hello,

Do the update this morning, process well, but ZDMC don't work after reboot.
After uninstall and install the new version, all is ok, but lost all kodi parameters. Android parameters were ok, found it at reboot.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - leonkoum - 2017-01-14

Perhaps need factory reset

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - aramakao - 2017-01-14

(2017-01-13, 11:41)aramakao Wrote: @ mirror88
I have Zidoo X9S connected to a Panasonic VT50 plasma through a Denon X3100.
I have issues with HDMI CEC:
- switch on the player, the TV doesen't switch on and doesn't switch on right HDMI input (I've also connected a sony PS4 and a Sony Bluray player, they do correctly).
Regards

It's like x9s is not ready to accept cec command to turns on (either in standby and switch off status) : if I go in TV's menu where are displayed (and selectable ) devices connected to it, are displayed Ps4 and Sony blu ray player. Zidoo is not listed.
I have to turn on zidoo, and after 30 seconds it became available to select, and then I can control it from TV remote.
Probably it is related to the issue that turning on zidoo, it doesn't turn on TV and switch TV to the correct hdmi in.
To me is the last issue with this player.
Apart, I want to thank zidoo team for good job done with latest firmware.
But I want also push you to fix all possible. To make this device the best quality vs money media player available.
Regarding local files. For Netflix and other streaming services (in HD and 4k) there are applications installed directly into TV.
I trust Zidoo.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - sloth - 2017-01-14

I agree, so far I am happy with the current firmware.
Regarding streaming services, however, I have to disagree because projector users don't have the option of using the TV's app. So please, Zidoo team, make the Amazon app work again.

Cheers,
Jonas

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - aramakao - 2017-01-14

(2017-01-14, 23:32)aramakao Wrote:
(2017-01-14, 23:11)sloth Wrote: I agree, so far I am happy with the current firmware.
Regarding streaming services, however, I have to disagree because projector users don't have the option of using the TV's app. So please, Zidoo team, make the Amazon app work again.

Cheers,
Jonas

I agree to you. I didn't think to projector scenario. But is not possible connect to it a bluray player for example, with streaming app installed?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - sloth - 2017-01-15

Yes, I could connect a bluray player or fireTV but I like a setup with a single input source. I rip all my blurays in order to have them in the Kodi library.