Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wrxtasy - 2017-01-17

No further discussion here pls....
Off topic, head over to this thread:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=255686

OR the LibreELEC Amlogic forums.

OR Simply look in the START HERE sticky thread.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - DaMacFunkin - 2017-01-17

(2017-01-16, 22:27)scottj01 Wrote: Well, it looks like time is running out. I was really hoping to test the X8, but haven't been able to access my SMB/NFS library at all. My opportunity to return it back to Amazon has arrived. I asked if there was a chance to test the new beta firmware, but obviously there was no interest. I guess my 10+ years as a professional software test engineer and working at Javasoft wasn't enough. Good luck with the Zidoo products. I'll stay with my Mede8er X600 for now until a real, truly functional product hits the market.

I'm late to your problem, but i have never had any problems accessing SMB or NFS shares from my Zidoo, either in Native Explorer or ZDMC.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Binnetie - 2017-01-17

After a few weeks playing with the Zidoo X9S, i don't have big problems with it. Most of the time i play 1080P MKV's with DTS of DTS-HD audio with no problems.
I use a MX3 flymouse. The 'problem' with this flymouse is that if i want to pause, forward in a movie i first have to press a button to wake te usb-reciever. Is this with all the flymouses?

The NFS connection to my Synology nas (with latest DSM firmwar) is very fast and stable (firmware 1.2.7).
Are the </i> tags in subtitles fixed in the new firmware?
The 'Press the OK button' bug with the external player in Kodi when a movie has ended is already fixed in newest firmware.

The only thing was playing Angry Birds, i can't move in the game. When i shot a bird, the screen moves with the bird, i see the explosions, but i can't move back to the catapult anymore. The game is more a gimmick to me.

There is still some work to do, i hope the device will be supported for a few years.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - sloth - 2017-01-17

Since there was no comment from the Zidoo team regarding the support of Amazon Video I am asking again: is this a feature we can expect in the future? The New NVidia Shield will support it so I think it would make sense to add Amazon Video to the X9S.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2017-01-17

You can sideload Amazon video app now, but as Zidoo isn't a certified premium streaming box (by Amazon or Netflix), you'll only get a tablet experience for the UI, and 480p-capped video playback.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wrxtasy - 2017-01-17

@sloth,
Realise you need proper DRM (copy protection) like Widevine Level 1 and Microsoft Playready to be able to play 720/1080/2160p(4K) Amazon Video and Netflix.
Netflix even had to give Approval to your hardware device.

You cannot simply add these things with a Firmware update. its impossible. Without the above, the best you will get is 480p Resolution video from Amazon and Netflix.

Please see this thread (down near the bottom for further details):
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - sloth - 2017-01-17

Thanks, wrxtasy! I didn't know the other thread. Looks great so I will start reading tonight. It seems my purchase of the X9S was rushed.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - scottj01 - 2017-01-17

(2017-01-17, 10:29)DaMacFunkin Wrote:
(2017-01-16, 22:27)scottj01 Wrote: Well, it looks like time is running out. I was really hoping to test the X8, but haven't been able to access my SMB/NFS library at all. My opportunity to return it back to Amazon has arrived. I asked if there was a chance to test the new beta firmware, but obviously there was no interest. I guess my 10+ years as a professional software test engineer and working at Javasoft wasn't enough. Good luck with the Zidoo products. I'll stay with my Mede8er X600 for now until a real, truly functional product hits the market.

I'm late to your problem, but i have never had any problems accessing SMB or NFS shares from my Zidoo, either in Native Explorer or ZDMC.

I created a new Samba server, sans the domain login credentials and am finally able to access my library. At least now I can do some testing. Hopefully, whenever Zidoo releases a new firmware for the X8, it will have the SMB fixes in it. I can't spawn the external player from ZDMC, but I can at least use Zidoo's media center to view my ISOs.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - scottj01 - 2017-01-18

(2017-01-17, 23:57)scottj01 Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 10:29)DaMacFunkin Wrote:

I created a new Samba server, sans the domain login credentials and am finally able to access my library. At least now I can do some testing. Hopefully, whenever Zidoo releases a new firmware for the X8, it will have the SMB fixes in it. I can't spawn the external player from ZDMC, but I can at least use Zidoo's media center to view my ISOs.

OK, I'm obviously missing something. I can view my ISOs just fine with ZDMC (they load and I get the simplified menu) and I can play the ISOs via the Zidoo player when selected from the media center. When I try to launch the movie from ZDMC, no matter which title I choose, I get a screen "Loading Video ..." for a few seconds and then a pop-up comes up "External player active" Click "OK" when playback has ended. The problem is, the external played never starts. Am I missing a setting?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - sloth - 2017-01-18

Would it be possible to add the FireTV stick to the HDMI in port of the X9S in order to not have to switch AVR sources? Downside would be to use the FireTV remote app to control the FireTV stick.

Has anybody managed to program Flirc for full functionality with the X9S? Didn't mirror88 mention they would look into it? I managed to get the basic commands via emulated keyboard strokes (left, right, up, down, play, pause, stop, cycle subtitles, cycle audio) but especially outside of Kodi (which can be completely controlled via key strokes) I am still missing functionality (context menu, power button),

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2017-01-18

Yes, it's possible as I tried it to test X9S' HDMI-in recording feature... however, I saw jaggies and other artifacts in the picture, even though they were absent in the recorded videos.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - ras96 - 2017-01-19

Hello.
Something new about repairs subtitles in new firmwareHuh

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - jcetg - 2017-01-19

New firmware 1.2.11 for X8!!

Version 1.2.11 of Zidoo X8
Updatelist:

1,Fixed the issue of accidental audio dropouts on Atmos and DTS-HD.
2,Improved the display effect of external subtitle.
3,Supported AVS+ videos.
4,Fixed the issue of IPTV addon of ZDMC.
5,Fixed the File manager overload issue when a path contained too many video files.
6,Fixed the searching issue of the external subtitle from SMB share.

System:
1,Added the 3D playback function of MVC MKV (support the MakeMKV tool and MKVmerge).
2,add the HDMI detect deception function.
3,add the usb audio enable/disable function.
3,Increased the buffer of DTS HD audio for the audio drop problem.
4,Forced the wifi reconnection once it lost connection.
5,Fixed the stutter problem when the video loaded a sort of very special subtitle.
6,Fixed some Ethernet problems.
7,Fixed the issue that VFD settings can't be saved after hibernate.
8,Added and updated more languages.
9,Added a QuickSettings.
10,Added the root function.
11,Fixed a rare event that the resolution changes to 720P when the box boot up.

ZDMC: (version 16.4.12)
1,Removed the popup window when user quit the external playback.
2,fix crash problem when audio passthrough
3,fix the audio sync problem.

Player:
1,Fixed the issue that the video which fps greater than 24.5HZ is identified as 25HZ video.
2,Fixed the issue that sometimes the HDR doesn't work.
3,Optimized the way to autoswitch.

Record:
1,Fixed the estimation error of free space when saving the recorded file.
2,Enhanced the effect of display from HDMI IN.
3,The video with Interlaced frames from HDMI IN could been displayed correctly.
4,Optimized the detection of writable property of path.

Filemanager:
1,Delete the path of NFS and SMB after quit the Filemanager.
2,Resolved the crash when run a APP at the same time insert a U-disk.
3,Resolved the abnormal display of files when the NFS or SMB disconnected.
4,Resolved the crash when user view the bluray folder in NFS.
5,Resolved the crash when delete the files all-selected and at the same time the files list more than one screen.
6,When copy files,if the file size is 0,then the progress bar on account of the number of files.
7,Changed the progress bar of deletation.
8,Fixed the issue that can't open the share folder.
9,Fixed the issue that can't enter the SMB share folder if the folder's name include a blank space.
10,Restored the funtion of hidden files.

Zidoo theater:
1,Added some prompts.
2,Optimized the series classfication.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/new-firmware-v1-2-11-for-zidoo-x8-released.4026/

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - cisco - 2017-01-19

I am very disappointed from assistance, I registered in the official forum, but I never received the activation.I can not ask questions.
I have the version 1.2.9 but it says that the firmware is already 'been updated online.
When I turn on the tv from the main switch, stops recording from the HDMI IN port.Tested on two TV sets of different brands.
If you record a movie stops recording after 51 minutes and 3.64 gb .I updated the latest version, but when
I turn on my Panasonic plasma, stops recording from HDMI port connected to the decoder sat.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2017-01-19

Tested f/w v1.2.11 on my X9S yesterday and 3D MVC looks on par w/3D ISO's now, which is to say proper depth, clarity, and dimensionality. Playback of both 3D containers seems fluid. Also tested for HD audio dropouts in 2D ISO's and MKV and didn't experience any. Unless any of you are experiencing any issues with these aspects, I'm bumping overall grade to A- in post #1.

Didn't test 4K insofar as proper color space, switching, etc. as my 4K TV is only 8-bit w/o HDR. All I can say with 4K is that playback remains smooth like before with the suite of A/V test samples I have (many of which are in the wiki).