Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - olisun - 2017-01-31

(2017-01-30, 19:01)hdmkv Wrote: Not worth the price premium for Zappiti's jukebox and h/w build quality IMHO... w/remote maybe cheap as @wrxtasy points out. Also surprised by VC-1 23.976 stutter, which is absent on Zidoo. I need to re-check the subs implementation on Zidoo; don't believe it's always on, but I always only mux the sub or forced sub I need into my MKV's and ISO's.

There is the 2160p 23.976 stuttering in Zidoo but apparantly not on the Zappiti.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - nikos_a - 2017-01-31

(2017-01-31, 03:07)hdmkv Wrote:
(2017-01-31, 02:42)LowDead Wrote: Is the Z9s the same pita mounting multiple password protected smb and nfs network shares as the Q10 Pro?
Nope, at least for SMB. Also, off the top of my head NFS too... but, for NFS, you browse via Zidoo media center and add shortcut, which you then add in NMT directory (under root I think) in ZDMC (Kodi). If I recall, like with other Android boxes, I wasn't able to use Kodi or any fork to directly add a NFS share.

I have managed to add NFS share in ZDMC. Even though I navigated to my NAS using nfs protocol, at some point, when reaching the /nfs path, I couldn't see anything. So I manually added the shared folder /Public and voila! Strange thing is that although nfs share works in ZDMC, when I try to reach the same share folder through Media Center, x9s crashes! I may do a factory reset at some point and see if it gets any better, but I am honestly a bit bored to configure the machine from scratch.

BTW, will factory reset wipe everything including the android apps I have installed?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - nc88keyz - 2017-02-01

Talk about a kid in a candy store, Got a G6 OLED and a Zidoo X9s today..

$2800 on the G6, and 109-15coupon on the Zidoo X9s.

I need to get another 4k AVR now. Way too much switching things around and the LG does not like optical passthrough as well as it should.

A work in progress to obtain an AVR.

Any of you near a frys want to do me a huge solid Wink

AVRX3300 is on sale for $500 tomorrow.....talk about bad timing. cant get away. Too many conference calls tomorrow and prep work.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - raykkho - 2017-02-01

Hi all,

I am looking for a media player to replace my Popcorn Hour VTEN, which for some reasons has been nothing but a nightmare, perhaps just bad luck? Anyway, my needs are simple, solid playback of 2D DVD / Blu-ray ISOs, no 4K, that is, no need for menu or other features. Unfortunately my VTEN sometimes could not even play DVD ISOs without hiccup.

My question is will the ZIDOO X9S be a good choice, or Himedia offering such as the Q5 Pro? Their prices are very close in where I live, so as long as one can give me trouble-free playback with reasonable audio/video quality, I will be happy. Thank you. Wink

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wrxtasy - 2017-02-01

The question should be why are you even contemplating any Hardware platform that does not even use a normal version of Kodi for your very basic A/V playback requirements ?
Especially ones that use a dinosaur touchscreen Android implementation that is frankly a PITA to use compared to proper Android TV OS platforms ?

And the ultimate question should be why not boot straight into LibreELEC Kodi and bypass buggy Android all together. ?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - movie78 - 2017-02-01

(2017-02-01, 07:55)nc88keyz Wrote: Talk about a kid in a candy store, Got a G6 OLED and a Zidoo X9s today..

I need to get another 4k AVR now. Way too much switching things around and the LG does not like optical passthrough as well as it should.

A work in progress to obtain an AVR.

Any of you near a frys want to do me a huge solid Wink

AVRX3300 is on sale for $500 tomorrow.....talk about bad timing. cant get away. Too many conference calls tomorrow and prep work.

Looking at signature you already have everythnig, how many gadgets do you need?
Oh well i can't stop buying gadgets eitherTongue

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - spawn_lmg - 2017-02-01

Zappiti this is Eweat product Wink Even firmware from Еweat, just added zappiti explorer and zappiti mediacenter and launcher.
I run zappiti explorer and mediacenter on Zidoo X9S, but need token code from zappiti, which is written on the label from the bottom-top boxes, and is tied to the account.
vs.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Skank - 2017-02-02

Some subtitles do not show good.
Problems with bb codes so it seems

Sometimes i get

<i>Text</i>

Can this be fixed pls?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - movie78 - 2017-02-02

(2017-02-01, 19:29)spawn_lmg Wrote: Zappiti this is Eweat product Wink Even firmware from Еweat, just added zappiti explorer and zappiti mediacenter and launcher.
I run zappiti explorer and mediacenter on Zidoo X9S, but need token code from zappiti, which is written on the label from the bottom-top boxes, and is tied to the account.
vs.

So Zapitti Eweat ZiDoo are all using the same update interface.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - spawn_lmg - 2017-02-02

(2017-02-02, 17:42)movie78 Wrote: So Zapitti Eweat ZiDoo are all using the same update interface.
Maybe a screenshot of update interface bad example, but Zidoo wrote many of their applications! A EWEAT took stock SDK, and the same firmware in Zappiti, nothing in it is not his!

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Vinny4K - 2017-02-03

(2017-02-02, 17:15)Skank Wrote: Some subtitles do not show good.

Sometimes i get

<i>Text</i>

Can this be fixed pls?
Exactly, please fix this.
(Srt subtitle inside a MKV, played with the external Mediaplayer Zidoo X9S.)

Also With <b>Text</b> and other codes.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - movie78 - 2017-02-03

(2017-02-03, 08:55)Vinny4K Wrote:

Sometimes i get

<i>Text</i>

Can this be fixed pls?

Is that a DIY curve screen?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Vinny4K - 2017-02-03

(2017-02-03, 16:40)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-02-03, 08:55)Vinny4K Wrote:

Sometimes i get

<i>Text</i>

Can this be fixed pls?

Is that a DIY curve screen?
It's a Samsung UE55JS8500.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - woodpost - 2017-02-04

(2017-02-01, 07:55)nc88keyz Wrote: Talk about a kid in a candy store, Got a G6 OLED and a Zidoo X9s today..

jesus, where are you getting these prices? that's an insane deal on that G6. cheaper than i paid for my C6. was thinking of getting a Zidoo X9s for mine. have you tried playing framepacked MVC 3D files (mkv, iso) on it? wondering how it looks.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hjbaard - 2017-02-04

Sometimes i get

<i>Text</i>

Can this be fixed pls?
This is not the only problem with subtitles.
When there are embedded and external subtitles I see them sometimes both. To fix it I have to turn off subtitles and choose the right one after that.