Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wrxtasy - 2017-02-08

To help with duplication of threads and answers going on here, there is a bunch of info on Kodi - Android Boxes vs LibreELEC posted just this morning, over.

HERE

What I can say is LibreELEC Kodi goes through a rigorous set of Video tests, and I do mean Everything the different choices of Hardware can officially support, including legacy stuff like Interlaced DVD's. Old VC-1 Blurays & more that no one ever thinks about.

The real question is have the same diligent Video tests been conducted on devices like the Zidoo x9s running a Hybrid Kodi / external Software playback solution ?

What we can say is Zidoo and been diligently providing bug busting Firmware updates and support, which is far better than the generic Chinese Android junk found invading the Android media player market place Smile

Anyway something to think about.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - nikos_a - 2017-02-08

(2017-02-08, 09:09)Skank Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 08:52)querty1000 Wrote:
(2017-02-07, 23:37)Skank Wrote: But how is it in a non 5.1 setup where no 3d is rquired?
Then you can sell your Zidoo and buy a family pack of players that are better, a car and a house from the money you get back :-).
Zidoo is one of the rare players that do 4k *and* full frame 3D, if you don't need 3D you can use a Xiamo MI box or an Odroid C2 for cheaper money.

Not an answer to my question..

In such setup it works fine. It is downmixing the audio so you won't have any issues.

But what querty1000 says is that someone that doesn't have a 5.1+ setup and 3D TV/Projector can easily avoid spending 120+ dollars/euros to get x9s and go for something cheaper. To be honest, the Xiaomi Mi Box is an excellent recommendation for someone who doesn't need 3D (supports passthrough too).

(2017-02-08, 11:48)wrxtasy Wrote: The real question is have the same diligent Video tests been conducted on devices like the Zidoo x9s running a Hybrid Kodi / external Software playback solution ?

What we can say is Zidoo and been diligently providing bug busting Firmware updates and support, which is far better than the generic Chinese Android junk found invading the Android media player market place Smile

These are some things I would really like to know from Zidoo's point of view. How do they see things, how they want to proceed. Personally, I said it in their forum too. They have to distinguish from cheap devices because at the moment, and I am sorry to say that, what we get with x9s doesn't justify it's price. I could keep my Mede8er 600x3D for 3D and just get a Xiaomi Mi Box for kodi and netflix. I would like the x9s to be better than both. Since they are following the android way, they should focus on moving to Android 7.0, abandon ZDMC, and we can get Kodi 17 at its full + their player for 3D. I would be extremely happy with such machine.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - mirror88 - 2017-02-09

(2017-02-02, 17:15)Skank Wrote: Some subtitles do not show good.
Problems with bb codes so it seems

Sometimes i get

<i>Text</i>

Can this be fixed pls?

Checking it. In fact, we will try to rewrite the subtitle components. More options of color,size,position,shadow and outline even character spacing. Filter HTML Tags. Support ASS special effects of subtitles in native player.

Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - bongchillog - 2017-02-09

(2017-02-09, 09:28)mirror88 Wrote:

Sometimes i get

<i>Text</i>

Can this be fixed pls?

Checking it. In fact, we will try to rewrite the subtitle components. More options of color,size,position,shadow and outline even character spacing. Filter HTML Tags. Support ASS special effects of subtitles in native player.

Hi. Do zidoo x9s have plans to certify in netflix?

Sent from my iPhone

Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - bongchillog - 2017-02-09

(2017-02-07, 11:31)bongchillog Wrote: hi everyone..

zidoo x9s has openwrt..
Question , how can i access the drives when x9s is powered on ang my drives are connected to it.
i want to virtuallly access the drives connected from a separate laptop..

Please help me. thanks in advance

Any help?

Sent from my iPhone

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wrxtasy - 2017-02-09

(2017-02-09, 16:40)bongchillog Wrote: Hi. Do zidoo x9s have plans to certify in netflix?
This is a pretty easy answer for any Android media player hardware platform you care to list.

If the Hardware platform does not come flashed with the Appropriate HDCP Keys and packaged with the necessary DRM approvals from the factory there is no hope at all of getting greater than 480p Max Resolution from Netflix on any Android platform. A Firmware update cannot do it.

See this article for further details:
http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/12/30/why-doesnt-your-android-tv-box-play-full-hd-or-4k-videos-in-netflix/

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - couto27 - 2017-02-10

Who buy this boxes today ?
My tablet had better quality with Netflix offline content outputting from the Shield tablet (Mini HDMI) to the TV than this boxes.

Example of Standard resolution...i havent try HD yet.
Glitch - 1,3Gb
Sense8 - 3.3Gb
Black Mirror - 1.7Gb

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2017-02-10

Agree, not for Netflix... but, for 3D MVC and 4K, different story.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - jamietre - 2017-02-10

(2017-02-10, 02:14)hdmkv Wrote: Agree, not for Netflix... but, for 3D MVC and 4K, different story.

I bought it for 3D. I couldn't care less about Netflix, even my 7 year old TV has it built in. There's always some other way to watch Netflix.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - nikos_a - 2017-02-10

(2017-02-09, 17:15)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-02-09, 16:40)bongchillog Wrote: Hi. Do zidoo x9s have plans to certify in netflix?
This is a pretty easy answer for any Android media player hardware platform you care to list.

If the Hardware platform does not come flashed with the Appropriate HDCP Keys and packaged with the necessary DRM approvals from the factory there is no hope at all of getting greater than 480p Max Resolution from Netflix on any Android platform. A Firmware update cannot do it.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/12/30/why-doesnt-your-android-tv-box-play-full-hd-or-4k-videos-in-netflix/

Aha... Didn't know about that but I was wondering why the WWE Network App for android was displaying SD resolution only. Thank god there are some Kodi add ons that I can use my subscription login and password and have crystal clear picture. Thanks for the info wrxtasy.

Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - bongchillog - 2017-02-10

(2017-02-09, 17:15)wrxtasy Wrote:

Thaks.. now i know

Sent from my iPhone

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - DaMacFunkin - 2017-02-11

(2017-02-09, 09:28)mirror88 Wrote:

Sometimes i get

<i>Text</i>

Can this be fixed pls?

Any chance whilst rewriting you could add forced subtitle detection?
It is painful when you get half way through a film and they start to talk a different language and you then to to start cycling through all the sub tracks to find the forced stream.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2017-02-11

(2017-02-08, 10:08)LauraS Wrote: Hi hdmkv,
First of all thank you for your excellent analysis and apologize for the inconvenience of this message and my level of English.
I am new to the world of Kodi and I look for a device for it and seeing your analysis I doubt between:
• Minix Neo U1
• Zidoo x9s
The main use will be for streaming in Kodi (online plugins) and I do not know which of these two is best adapted to this use.
The difference is that Zidoo does not support LibreElec and I do not know if that can be a very important factor for compatibility.
Could you tell me your opinion?
Thank you very much

Regards and apologize once again.
Hi. Primary reasons to consider Zidoo are combi 3D MVC, HD audio & 4K support. For online streaming, many options (Android and LibreELEC). @wrxtasy's START HERE is a good place to start Smile.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - tlchris - 2017-02-12

i want to install kodi 17 and use Home Theater for playback, what will be the name of home theater to input in playercorefactory file ?

also, where in zdmc will i find the system files? ( not the user data) i red that kodi come with a default playercorefactory file, i want to modify it to get zdmc to play my stream with home theater.

thanks

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - LauraS - 2017-02-12

(2017-02-11, 16:25)hdmkv Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 10:08)LauraS Wrote: Hi hdmkv,
First of all thank you for your excellent analysis and apologize for the inconvenience of this message and my level of English.
I am new to the world of Kodi and I look for a device for it and seeing your analysis I doubt between:
• Minix Neo U1
• Zidoo x9s
The main use will be for streaming in Kodi (online plugins) and I do not know which of these two is best adapted to this use.
The difference is that Zidoo does not support LibreElec and I do not know if that can be a very important factor for compatibility.
Could you tell me your opinion?
Thank you very much

Regards and apologize once again.
Hi. Primary reasons to consider Zidoo are combi 3D MVC, HD audio & 4K support. For online streaming, many options (Android and LibreELEC). @wrxtasy's START HERE is a good place to start Smile.

Thanks for the reply.
I also called the Nvidia Shield I see that you also have it, for a little use of everything and also streaming is better option than Zidoo?
Thank you very much. Smile)

By the way, I love your analysis of the devices Smile