Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - sodeknetters - 2017-02-21

regarding the SMB share, it could be that your share only supports SMB1 protocol. Kodi/ZDMC doesn't play particularly nice with that protocol (thats why you have to add the share using the path you mentioned. If your share only supports SMB1 even that is not going to work.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - syphon00 - 2017-02-21

pretty sure windows 7 supports smb 2.1

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - boulali - 2017-02-22

Anyone using zidoo a5s? I couldnt find anything on a5s.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - querty1000 - 2017-02-22

(2017-02-21, 12:19)sodeknetters Wrote:
(2017-02-21, 03:29)hdmkv Wrote: The point of ZDMC is to use it as a means to an end... namely 3D MVC! Also HD audio and better PQ than just Kodi w/internal playback.

The external player, which can be set up via ZDMC, provides that full 3D support and better PQ.

Only problem is that it doesn't work for any 4K video file I tried Confused see my post above for a more accurate description

Try running the Zidoo fixed to 3840/60p, than start ZDMC in 4k resolution, you must set the GUI also to 4k. Otherwise it switches always to 1080p back.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hjbaard - 2017-02-22

(2017-02-21, 17:57)sodeknetters Wrote: Hi, I cannot reply to your direct message yet. Seems my user account is too new / low postcount so it does not allow me to reply to you directly.. anyways:
- network streaming works. there is no difference between local files and streamed files from the NAS.
- playback of 1080 content works (I don't have 3d TV so i cannot test that, but I suppose it will work
- I will try to connect the zidoo to my (HD resolution) PC monitor and see if it will play the 4K files downscaled.
Strange it doesn't work in your case.
I have tried 4k 3d and the all work fine. I use a Synology NAS and zdmc connected to a 4k 3d TV.

Are you sure your network works fine? And did you set the external player in zdmc?
You could also try to test using the external media player zidoo provides.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Martijn - 2017-02-22

If this thread is going to be about ZDMC i'm going to close it permanently

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hjbaard - 2017-02-22

(2017-02-22, 19:51)Martijn Wrote: If this thread is going to be about ZDMC i'm going to close it permanently
If you think it is about zdmc only you are wrong

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Martijn - 2017-02-22

(2017-02-22, 19:55)hjbaard Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 19:51)Martijn Wrote: If this thread is going to be about ZDMC i'm going to close it permanently

Don't care. Last posts it's all that has been mentioned and this is NOT a Zidoo support forum.

(2017-02-22, 19:58)Martijn Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 19:55)hjbaard Wrote:

Don't care. Last posts it's all that has been mentioned and this is NOT a Zidoo support forum.
Oké I see your point. It isn't a support forum.
So for future support on x9s people can go to: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?forums/zidoo-x9s.23/

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2017-02-22

Hi @Martijn, it would help if you can clarify what we can discuss. As ZDMC is a Kodi fork, and as Zidoo has complied with GPL, isn't this like discussing SPMC as many do in nVidia Shield/Mi Box threads, or WMP in WeTek threads?

I can understanding not discussing issues with Zidoo that actually have nothing to do with Kodi (ZDMC) as a means in some form for media management or playback.

Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - bongchillog - 2017-02-23

So 4k bluray in hdr already cracked?
Im having problems with playing 4k hdr bt2020 in 2160p mode. Audio and video dropouts, it can play normally but will be downgraded into 1080p so default selection must be auto, Not 2160p.

@mirror
Please fix this issue. 4k hdr visionplus movies are out there for download. Just few titles available

Sent from my iPhone

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wrxtasy - 2017-02-23

(2017-02-22, 20:05)hdmkv Wrote: Hi @Martijn, it would help if you can clarify what we can discuss. As ZDMC is a Kodi fork, and as Zidoo has complied with GPL, isn't this like discussing SPMC as many do in nVidia Shield/Mi Box threads, or WMP in WeTek threads?

I can understanding not discussing issues with Zidoo that actually have nothing to do with Kodi (ZDMC) as a means in some form for media management or playback.
For the Kodi forks....

- Koying closed his SPMC support thread in the Kodi Android Sub Forum last year.
- WMP is mostly all supported over in the WeTek Forums.
- Davilla with his MrMC Fork has his own forum for support
- LibreELEC has their own forum for support...

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2017-02-23

Okay... so we can talk about anything that isn't ZDMC? Official Kodi running on this box right? What about overall h/w and video playback related to native player?

Just my opinion of course, but I find the restriction to not talk about ZDMC, SPMC and other GPL-compliant forks rather limiting. By this argument, even @afedchin's Windows MVC build, a fork, would be off limits. With code shared, official Kodi also benefits, and helps overall adoption, utilization. In the end game, I think most of us want features we can't presently get with official Kodi in some h/w (MVC 3D, HD audio, etc.) with official Kodi. Kodi foundation, please re-consider; thanks.

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - dukester - 2017-02-23

(2017-02-23, 15:06)hdmkv Wrote: Okay... so we can talk about anything that isn't ZDMC? Official Kodi running on this box right? What about overall h/w and video playback related to native player?

Just my opinion of course, but I find the restriction to not talk about ZDMC, SPMC and other GPL-compliant forks rather limiting. By this argument, even @afedchin's Windows MVC build, a fork, would be off limits. With code shared, official Kodi also benefits, and helps overall adoption, utilization. In the end game, I think most of us want features we can't presently get with official Kodi in some h/w (MVC 3D, HD audio, etc.) with official Kodi. Kodi foundation, please re-consider; thanks.

limiting or ridiculous?

RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2017-02-23

Was trying to be diplomatic, but this policy would have a chilling effect... almost a litmus test for only 'pure Kodi' talk. Not to get political, but first reaction I had was that it's almost nationalistic like Brexit, Trump, you get the idea.