Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-12-09

so the error you've been previously referring to isnt the unrar'ing its an additional copy.

what is the stored path of the profiles.xml in the includes.txt ?

Unless I've misunderstood, you moved the UserData location as per an earlier post, as a way of avoiding the time consuming copying fo UserData from current installation to the new one. If thats the case, profiles.xml is stored in that external UserData location isnt it, and shouldnt need any further copying ?

Deletes are done as the final step, so everything in the copies list will exist in the new extracted t3ch.

- terminalx - 2007-12-10

Yes I confirm your understanding. The profiles.xml references an external location of the Userdata. This works fine, because my apple movie trailers script finds the database info perfecly ect.

However I fear we need to go one step back.

Today I installed with the script a new T3CH_2007-12-09.

It installed fine and extracted! but then gave up with the error "path does not exist".

Using the file manager, I can however see the new directory T3CH_2007-12-09!! The folder size is 106.8MB and still includes the folders _tools and win32.
When I go into the new XBMC folder I can run the new XBMC build....

somehow the script is abording after extraction on a missing "something" but I do not know what....
the log file is no help I think.
http://pastebin.com/m2c29b6ba

Is it possible to have a dialog or log written were I can see the "path does not exist" variable?

I am sure it is something realy silly but finding it...

(oh I also tried to install again with the userdata within xbmc. Same error "path does not exist)

anyways, I also understand if adding a log file or expanding the dialog with the "path that does not exist" is asking a bit to much.

thanks

- kricker - 2007-12-10

In the past, that error simply refers to the fact that the extraction didn't really complete prior to the script continuing. It usually worked a second time 'round, but it appears that is not the case for you.

Is there someway the app that is doing the extracting can mssg the script to tell it that it has completed?

b35 - BigBellyBilly - 2007-12-11

I've altered the post extraction code to check for things slightly differently and added in some logging as it does it.

Works for me, but so did the last version, but if you'd like to try it.

Get it HERE

kricker: your idea is a sound one, but would require you to get a xbmc dev onboard to get it to return success/fail

BBB

it works!! - terminalx - 2007-12-12

BBB magic! I downloaded and deleted the new xbmc release 3 times with your script and 3 times succes! so that should do the trick.

the update notification of a new release scrolls outside its box in your beta 35 release (but hé, that is not something I will complain about!)

I am happy with the great script!
thanks again , many times also for your patience Smile

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-12-13

hey. thanks for putting the time in to help test mate. no probs.

just waiting on a new logo that;s being made, then its going 'gold' asap.

BBB

- CmKeen - 2007-12-27

BigBellyBilly Wrote:Should do.

In settings change the shortcut name to a dash name that the softmod will look for, its usually a list of names eg xbmc, evoxdash etc.

The change the settings boot drive to your e:

It copies the TEAM XBMC shortcut.xbe to DRIVE dashname.xbe , then writes the new T3CH installed path into the 'dash_name'.cfg

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue.
My Xbox boots on the E:\dashboard\default.xbe with a default.cfg that points to E:\apps\XBMC\default.xbe

So I can write anything to the C: or the E: it doesn't change anything and I'm still booting on my old T3CH release.

I wanted to "trick" the script by setting the "Dash Shortcut Drive" to E;\dashboard but you can only select a real drive (C: or ESmile and not entering it manually.

So I'm kind of blocked. Could you help me please?
Your script seams really perfect but I can simply not making it work.

Thank you in advance

- Bootsy - 2007-12-28

CmKeen:

maybe you can edit the settings file manually (/Q/UserData/script_data/T3CH Upgrader/settings.txt).

'shortcut_drive': 'E:\\dashboard\\'
'dash_shortcut_name': 'default'

good luck Wink

and maybe bbb has an idea how to solve it in gui...

bye, bootsy

- CmKeen - 2007-12-28

It seams to work.
I wanted to try this but I didn't know where to find the settings.txt. Thanks.

The only thing is that when going into the settings via the script after having changed something manually, the script overwrite everything and put the default configuration back.
So, I need to change it once and never go back in the settings again.

Another thing is that I didn't find a default.xbe_old after my upgrade. Don't know if it's normal or not but it's definitly a little bit scary.

Anyway, thanks again.
But fore sure, if BBB can think of something, his script would even more legendary Big Grin

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-12-28

I take it your mod is fixed into looking for 'E:\dashboard\default.xbe' ? If you could alter it to look for the files in the root of the boot drive (ESmile then you'd be OK.

However, if you really can't alter it;
your problem is that its all geared towards the boot xhortcut & cfg being in the root of a drive.
So the setting of 'shortcut_drive' is intended just to hold the drive letter, it will ignore the rest.
Have you tried adding the subfolder to the setting of

'dash_shortcut_name': '\dashboard\default'

I haven't tried that myself yet, but I think there seems to be a valid case were boot xbe/cfg are in a subfolder so I'll look into accommodating it.

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-12-29

I've now tried my own suggestion and that won't work for you.

So I've modified the script to allow the shortcut_dashname setting to allow (an optional) folder prefix.

eg.
In Settings Menu > Dash Name > Keyboard > type in: dashboard\xmbc

Also fixed the instance where the dashname as keyboard entry was disappearing from the list.

New: "View Changelogs" now gives you the choice of XBMC or T3CH changelog.
Change: More internal debug output and some minor other changes.

Code is commited to svn trunk, so if language string contributors could update their language files with the (couple) of changes, I'll then release it as tagged v1.1 (Update Script option will notify hen available - if its enabled of course)

CmKeen: Would you like try out this change as it suits your setup better ? PM me you email.

cheers
BBB

- CmKeen - 2007-12-31

Thanks a lot BBB !

I will try this as soon as I can.
Probably when I come home from work.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-01-03

seems there was an error in update.py which caused it to fail whilst fetching the new version of the script.

get the fixed module HERE and put it into folder <xbmc path>/T3CH Upgrader/resources/lib/

BBB

- kricker - 2008-01-03

Sweet. Thanks. You got a fix before I got to report the problem Wink I won't get to try it until the 8th when I get back home. Hopefully someone else will test it sooner.

trouble with upgrading xbmc - jahrke - 2008-01-03

i tried to upgrade xbmc with your script. i get the following error displayed:

process EXEPTION!

function takes at most 4 arguments (6 given)

xbmc log shows the following:
16:10:52 M: 32133120 ERROR: Scriptresult: Error
16:11:13 M: 32129024 ERROR: Scriptresult: Error
16:12:21 M: 36999168 ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'q:\scripts\xbmcscripts\installer.py' defined
16:12:36 M: 27443200 WARNING: msvcrt.dll: dll_lseeki64 called, TODO: add 'int64 -> long' type checking

my actual version of xbmc is 1.01

any idea?