Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-01-30

I've made a mod of the script that now looks for both RAR and ZIP for use with Local Installation. For RAR uses xbmc builtin for ZIP uses pythons own module.

If you would like to try it, download from HERE

You obviously have to repack a downloaded T3CH rar as a zip before ftp over. to installation dir (eg E:\apps\)
See if that improves things.

Next step would be for T3CH builds to be available as zip's ...

- CmKeen - 2008-01-31

Thank you BBB, I'll try the zip solution later.

For the mem issue, I did some tests yesterday evening and here is what it gave:
First of all, none of my tests worked. I've always blocked on the extraction.
I've looked at the mem useage and:
- I have +- 38Mb free before launching the script.
- When the script is launched and I get the menu, the mem drops to +-29Mb
- When the script does the extraction, the mem doesn't drop and stay at +-29Mb

So, my conclusion is I don't think it's a mem issue.
But nice try.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-01-31

I tested the ZIP mod an an xbox myself yesterday evening and it runs out of memory when it comes to extract PMIII textures.xpr The nature of the way pythons zipfile works means it requires ~ 28MB (filesize + compression size) of mem before its written out to new file.

I've searched around and I believe the answer might be to read the large files in chunks and pass them onto a zlib decompressionobj, unfortunately not got it to work yet. So if anyone wants to have ago, please email me with your efforts.

CmKeen: Thanks for trying, who knows what the unrar extract process is doing internally. You seem to have a couple more Mb free than I do, so you might get lucky with the ZIP mod. It might works for others if mem is freed up (reduce cache sizes?) Its a fudge, but worth trying.

I will post another mod if I crack it, but if other scripters have a solution (to the zipfile large file issue), please let me know.

BBB

Cracked it throu the use of a small additional lib.

Download HERE to try it.

It uses normal python zipfile (for speed) unless file is > 25mb in which case it uses a file stream allowing it to read/write in chunks.

- Gore- - 2008-01-31

BigBellyBilly Wrote:Gore:

infolabel suggestion added. (will show in MainMenu title)
french strings updated.
thanks

You will need v1.3 inorder to see the french language strings, they don't exist in v1.2 your running. PM me and your email and I'll send you v1.3 so you can test the french strings.

Glad the dash setting worked.

BBB

Sorry for the late answer.

i have seen the online update... with french Big Grin cool !!
Thanks for adding the version in mainmenu title ! so useful !

I see some translate translate errors (due to unapropriate translation in context, or little errors (bad keyboard Rolleyes ) )
I'm correcting this but I have a question :

when and whatfor T3CH_upgrader says :
<string id="305">There was an error parsing build feed!</string>
<string id="506">Parsing T3CH build feed ...</string>
<string id="1001">Fetching current tagged versions...</string>
<string id="1030">No tagged versions were found!</string>
?
I don't found a correct translation.

The file is ready, waiting for this last 4 Smile I'll give you when finished

Don't hesitate to e-mail me if you have new text to translate in future versions Wink

305 is used in default.py
506 no longer used
1001 is used in update.py
1030 is used in default.py

new string:
Quote:<string id="315">RAR failed SFV checksum![CR]May be corrupt, please re-download.</string>

please email me your changes (and a French Readme.txt would be cool) for inclusion. thanks.

Some new things recently added and will be in v1.4
From a suggestion by smuto; script now downloads associated SFV to compare downoaded rar with a checksum.
Checking of extract now checks for several important folders not just UserData.
Zip unpacking now working with > 25mb files.

T3CH Upgrader - Novin - 2008-02-01

I just tried my first upgrade via the T3CH Upgrader.

After the download and extract had completed I got a question that's not so easy to understand.

"Start copying existing data to T3CH ?
UserData (if enabled),Scripts,Plugins,Skins..

YES NO"

Well what? Will it be deleted? Backed up? That popup dialog really needs to have all the text.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-02-02

The prompt is asking if you wish to transfer your current build information (scripts, viz, UserData etc) to the new build.

You don't have to transfer the data, you can say NO and still switch to new build.

Locating your UserData outside of XBMC (by editing the default profile) saves about 80% of the time it takes to transfer, especially if your a big user of the misic/video library modes.

but, what would you prefer it to say ?

Now added in ability to pick/install an old T3CH build from web.

v1.4 released - BigBellyBilly - 2008-02-06

Changelog:

Change: After extraction, if you choose not to do 'UserData/Scripts ... Copying' stage, 'Update Shortcuts' can still be done.
Change: Updating of shortcuts doesn't copy 'TEAM XBMC Shortcut xbe' over existing until after user prompt to do so. _old & _new always made.
Change: Better recognition and deletion of partial rars from cancelled downloads.
New: Download RAR checked against SFV checksum.
New: Local Installation can now accept both RAR and ZIP archives. ZIP extract may be helpful to those affected by the 'rar extract bug'.
New: German translation of Readme.txt included. (thanks bootsy)
New: Polish translation of Readme.txt included. (thanks smuto)
New: Menu option 'Switch To Another T3CH Build' now allows you to pick another build from web list of builds.

NB. ZIP extraction seems to work reliably, but you would need to repack the T3CH build RAR as a ZIP then ftp it to xbox to use this feature.

Thanks to those who've contributed.
Any problems, suggestion, let me know.

BBB

- kricker - 2008-02-07

I'm going to try to update the script now and see how that goes.

- kricker - 2008-02-07

Worked perfectly this time. Upgraded just fine. It left behind a T3CH Upgrader backup which I just removed manually.

not updating xbmc - kikomonster - 2008-02-07

Hi,

I've got a nov 25 build of xbmc and tried updating it with the tech upgrader (both old version and updated 1.4 version) after running the script, i chose the 2008-1-27 build and it asks if i want to switch or manual, i choose switch then it reboots and when i check system info, it still has the nov 25 build. I've used both the xbmc and xboxdash as Dash Shortcut Name and still nothing. I've checked to see if the build 2008-1-27 works by launching it in the programs menu and it does work.

Bottom line, why isn't the new tech build loading when the xbox is turned on?
The relevant files in my C:\ as viewed on file manager are as follows:
xbmc.cfg ?
xbmc.cfg_new ?
xbmc.cfg_old ?
xbmc.xbe
Xbox Book.xtf ?
Xbox.xtf ?
xboxdash.cfg ?
xboxdash.cfg_new ?
xboxdash.cfg_old ?
xboxdash.xbe
xboxdash.xbe_old ?

? indicates a "? mark" on its icons.

I really want to learn on how to get this thing going so I don't need to ftp new builds everytime its released.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-02-07

you will have to send me the xbmc.log inorder to see what happened (enable debug in AdvancedSettings.xml)

The files created are backups.
Is it correct that your modchip (softmod) expect to boot to c:\xbmc.xbe ?

The cfg should contain the path to the newly installed xbmc dashboard xbe eg. E:\apps\T3CH_2008-01-27\ ....

If it does and your booting to youe old xbmc, then that would suggest your modchip isn't booting to xbmc.xbe as the first booting dashboard name.

The readme explains all this, and can be viewed fromthe Settings menu.

- kikomonster - 2008-02-07

I wasnt sure whether it boots as xbmc.xbe or xboxdash.xbe. So i tried both. My guess is that it boots as xboxdash.xbe because the xboxdash.xbe_old is 1.9 mb and is the biggest of them all.

I'm not entirely sure on how to get the log so if you can give me the steps on how to get it then I can post it here if that will help a lot more. Thanks BBB.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-02-07

create AdvanceSettings.xml in UserData (as detailed in xbmc online wiki)
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

run script, find xbmc.log, email me it (dont post here)

Its probs one of the common names such as evoxdash, xbmc etc but you need to find out.