Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-08-19

Not your fault, a bug introduced in last version. Now fixed and available as v1.7.1

- jbob - 2008-08-19

Just downloaded and installed 1.71 and went to install from local. Using MediaStream it said Not Enough Ram 28MB 31MB Recommended, so I switched to PMIII. This allowed for the extra amount of ram to unrar the new T3CH build, but after extraction began and checked for new XBE etc... it said. Extraction path does not exist! Retry. E:\apps\T3CH_2008-08-19.

Granted making the directory is easy and would probably fix it, but I thought this may be a bug where T3CH Upgrader isn't making the directory it needs?

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-08-19

The script checks for the existence of several unpacked xbmc folders before it carries on with the migration. Better safe than sorry. Your unpacking of the archive had failed. Its not common but it does happen and its nearly always down to lack of ram.

I'd recommend switching to NTSC 4:3 resolution as the biggest ram saver (close to 40mb free) rather than the skin switch. And reboot after switching rez/skin to ensure ram is as free as it can be.

Don't intervene manually creating folders, just let the script do its thing, but ensure you have enough ram.

BBB

- Concept211 - 2008-08-20

BigBellyBilly Wrote:Not your fault, a bug introduced in last version. Now fixed and available as v1.7.1

Hey BBB,

I just installed v1.7.1 and I'm getting the same failed to copytree error. I still see the reference to drive T:\ also. Why is this?? Do you have any suggestions?

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-08-20

v1.7.1 seems ok to me and a few others I've asked updating to new T3CH_2008_08_19.

You sure your running v1.7.1 ?
If you are:
1) enable xbmc debug (xbmc skin settings menu)
2) run script so it generates the error into xbmc.log
3) send me your xbmc.log, settings.txt and includes.txt

T: is an logical drive that xbmc creates at runtime mapped to UserData, its normal

- Concept211 - 2008-08-20

BigBellyBilly Wrote:v1.7.1 seems ok to me and a few others I've asked updating to new T3CH_2008_08_19.

You sure your running v1.7.1 ?
If you are:
1) enable xbmc debug (xbmc skin settings menu)
2) run script so it generates the error into xbmc.log
3) send me your xbmc.log, settings.txt and includes.txt

T: is an logical drive that xbmc creates at runtime mapped to UserData, its normal

Hi BBB...I just sent you a private message with a link to my xbmc.log zipped up.

thank you!!!

- Concept211 - 2008-08-22

For some reason, all of a sudden the C:\ partition on my softmodded Xbox hard drive cannot be written to. I can create files and folders on all of the other partitions, but not the C:\. Has anyone else had this problem before? It used to work just fine before and nothing was changed on the system...I don't understand what happened! Huh

Any help is greatly appreciated!

- Concept211 - 2008-08-23

It turns out that I had the T3CH Upgrader set to create a shortcut to the C:\ partition when it should have been set to the E:\ partition instead.

BBB: I do still get the copytree error though. I'm not sure why that is. So I ended up copying all of my UserData manually and modified the existing dash shortcut file manually as well. I'm now running the latest XBMC build. When a new build comes out, i'll try to upgrade using your script and see what happens this time around. Hopefully it will all work correctly this time.

Thank you all for all of your help.

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-08-23

Script does rely on user using the right settings for his/her xbox but having said that I agree the 'copy error' was a bit vague.
If your copytree error persists, send logs as usual.

Extract contents of /xbmc - alanbarn - 2008-08-25

Hi
I'm using XBMC as my dash, I've copied the whole contents of /XBMC into e:/dashboard (i found instructions on the net to do this) my xbox works fine, boots into xbmc, all hunky dory.

I want to use the t3ch upgrader to upgrade my installation, how do I set up the upgrader such that it downloads the latest build, then puts the contents of xbmc (not the directory /XBMC) into my dashboard folder??

Or is there a better way to achieve what I've got (works perfectly now so no reason to change as far as I can see).

Request for T3CH upgrader - patrick122786 - 2008-08-26

I have a request for the scripters behind the T3CH Upgrader, maybe on a new build of the script you can add an option to erase the xbmc startup sound and startup splash pic, so for people who prefer not to have them won't have to manually erase them. Like after it says would you like to erase the downloaded xbmc rar after installation then you could prompt to erase the startup pic and sound. Thanks for the script.

- kricker - 2008-08-26

patrick122786 Wrote:I have a request for the scripters behind the T3CH Upgrader, maybe on a new build of the script you can add an option to erase the xbmc startup sound and startup splash pic, so for people who prefer not to have them won't have to manually erase them. Like after it says would you like to erase the downloaded xbmc rar after installation then you could prompt to erase the startup pic and sound. Thanks for the script.
Can you not add them to the delete files list?

Stupid me - patrick122786 - 2008-08-26

Damn i feel like an ass, i completly didn't realize what the maintain delete list was for. Thanks for the reply. I should of read the readme.lolBig Grin

- jbob - 2008-08-26

Where is the maintain copy/delete list kept, so it can be backed up manually?

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-08-26

All script settings/files are kept in dir 'UserData\script_data\T3CH Upgrader' and is copied from one build to another.
If you keep UserData external to build location then it doesn't even need to be copied (and can speed up Upgrade)