Kodi Community Forum
Mod pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Mod pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support) (/showthread.php?tid=303946)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support) - Vimes - 2017-02-13

Thanks very much for your reply and what you have done with this skin is great, so again thanks for that.

I have posted my question as a feature request in the Estuary feedback thread. The feature that I note is in the Confluence skin, which of course was the Kodi default skin prior to Estuary.

If it could be added to the default skin then that feature would be useful.

RE: pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support) - oledb0815 - 2017-02-15

Hi,

thanks for the skin. I fine to adjust the playlists to my own purpose, works great - just one question left: does the category editor work for now? I create custom nodes but the set of itmes that will be displayed for instance in "movies" do not reflect the node restrictions

Thanks,
Olli

edit: or in other words: do you know how to link the "movie" section to a dedicated category (node)?

pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support) - hoppel118 - 2017-02-15

@pkscout What do you think about manfeed's videolyrics?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=302448&pid=2488657#pid2488657

Can you integrate this into your skin? Smile

Greetings Hoppel

RE: pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support) - foxstefano - 2017-02-17

@pkscout
great work, I like your skin.
Thank you for sharing it!

RE: pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support) - Julipo - 2017-02-17

Thank you!

I will edit this now. Recent episodes is recent episodes, not recent episodes from unwatched shows.

Is there any posibility to do a "Next to watch" behaviour in some widget?

The thing is that the current behaviour of recent episodes is: Recent episodes from unwatched shows. If you miss one episode it shows all recent episodes from this show (not only the recent and unwatched episodes).

But I think that "Unviewed episodes" will be usefull too:
A2, A3, B3, A4, B4

Or only show 1 episode per show (next to watch)
A2, B2

RE: pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support) - pkscout - 2017-02-17

(2017-02-15, 18:52)oledb0815 Wrote: Hi,

thanks for the skin. I fine to adjust the playlists to my own purpose, works great - just one question left: does the category editor work for now? I create custom nodes but the set of itmes that will be displayed for instance in "movies" do not reflect the node restrictions

Thanks,
Olli

edit: or in other words: do you know how to link the "movie" section to a dedicated category (node)?

I've only used Node Editor to do some very basic things. All I can say is that I made no changes that would affect the way the nodes and Node Editor work. You might try to do what you want in the default skin and see what happens. Nodes are skin independent, so if you get it working in the default skin, you should be able to change to my mod and be fine.

RE: pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support) - pkscout - 2017-02-17

(2017-02-15, 20:11)hoppel118 Wrote: @pkscout What do you think about manfeed's videolyrics?

Greetings Hoppel

Sorry, no. The goal here was to keep the light nature of Estuary and modify just a few things. I'm not looking to turn this into an addon ladened and bloated version of Estuary.

(2017-02-17, 13:27)Julipo Wrote: Thank you!

I will edit this now. Recent episodes is recent episodes, not recent episodes from unwatched shows.

The thing is that the current behaviour of recent episodes is: Recent episodes from unwatched shows. If you miss one episode it shows all recent episodes from this show (not only the recent and unwatched episodes).

A2, A3, B3, A4, B4

A2, B2

If you want something other than the default widgets, you'll need to find a skin that uses Skin Widgets. There's a mod of the original Estuary that does that, and the same author is doing a mod of the newer Estuary skin, but only for Kodi 18.

RE: pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support) - Vimes - 2017-02-17

(2017-02-17, 19:18)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 20:11)hoppel118 Wrote: @pkscout What do you think about manfeed's videolyrics?

Greetings Hoppel

Sorry, no. The goal here was to keep the light nature of Estuary and modify just a few things. I'm not looking to turn this into an addon ladened and bloated version of Estuary.

Whilst it is entirely your choice on the direction you take this skin I for one am pleased at your decision. For me more isn't always better and sometimes skins can get a little too demanding on the hardware, as well as being too cluttered.

There are already some very feature rich mods of the Estuary skin.

RE: pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support) - Hallucyn8 - 2017-03-07

I've downloaded and configured this skin and I'm overall happy with the results however one odd thing I'm seeing is that the "categories" on the Music page are completely missing, regardless of which option I chose for "categories" in the settings.

Any suggestions as to why this might be and anything I can do to fix it?

RE: pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support) - pkscout - 2017-03-08

(2017-03-07, 17:53)Hallucyn8 Wrote: I've downloaded and configured this skin and I'm overall happy with the results however one odd thing I'm seeing is that the "categories" on the Music page are completely missing, regardless of which option I chose for "categories" in the settings.

Any suggestions as to why this might be and anything I can do to fix it?

Hmmm. That's a stumper. The only thing I can think to do is delete the Estuary mod settings (so everything goes back to default). To do that you need to quit Kod, find your userdata folder, and then look in addon_data/skin.estuary.krypton.pkscout.mod and delete settings.xml. After you restart the mod should look like default Estuary. I'd check and see if you see the categories on the music page.

The other thing is to check and see if all the nodes for the music section are there. In the skin settings right under the Music category is something that says EDIT CATEGORIES. When you click that you'll go to the nodes (or be prompted to download Node Editor). Once you have the list of nodes there is an option to reset the nodes to default. You need to select that then restart Kodi.

Last thing (or maybe first thing). What do you see if you use the normal Estuary?

RE: pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support) - RKMFlorida - 2017-03-09

@pkscout - this is just perfect. I'm so happy to find your mod and that your goal is keeping it light with very minor changes (yet all extremely valuable) to the original.

I have only one question, that I believe is unanswered from above as well... This may be a generic-Estuary question; although your configuration is different I can't seem to find the recommended menu path.

My goal is for the widgets shown on the home-menu (In Progress, Recently Added, etc) to order by Date Added Descending, and remove watched. I think @oledb0815 is asking the same question and wondering whether the widgets are linked to the "nodes"?

Someone above wrote about including the watched movies, yet mine are already included -- and I don't have the playlist file they mentioned, unless they are not referring to the /userdata/playlists directory, but somewhere else?

Thanks again for the great skin, sorry to bother you with such newb questions!

RE: pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support) - pkscout - 2017-03-09

(2017-03-09, 00:53)RKMFlorida Wrote: @pkscout - this is just perfect. I'm so happy to find your mod and that your goal is keeping it light with very minor changes (yet all extremely valuable) to the original.

I have only one question, that I believe is unanswered from above as well... This may be a generic-Estuary question; although your configuration is different I can't seem to find the recommended menu path.

My goal is for the widgets shown on the home-menu (In Progress, Recently Added, etc) to order by Date Added Descending, and remove watched. I think @oledb0815 is asking the same question and wondering whether the widgets are linked to the "nodes"?

Someone above wrote about including the watched movies, yet mine are already included -- and I don't have the playlist file they mentioned, unless they are not referring to the /userdata/playlists directory, but somewhere else?

Thanks again for the great skin, sorry to bother you with such newb questions!

OK, this is going to stretch my understanding of the Kodi internals a bit, but let me see what I can do. There are two separate things going on with the right hand of the home screen.

The first one is the categories area. For Music, TV, and Movies those use something relatively new to Kodi called Nodes. So you can use the Node Editor addon to reorder, rename, add, and delete things in the categories area of those three sections.

The second one is all the lists of stuff (recently added movies, recently added TV Shows, random Music, etc). I believe those are all driven by playlists you can find in the skin folder in a directory called playlists. For instance, heres the recent_unwatched_episodes playlist from Estuary (and my mod):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>Recent Unwatched Episodes</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="dateadded" operator="after">
        <value>1900-01-01</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="lessthan">
        <value>1</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>15</limit>
    <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
</smartplaylist>

That playlist determines the content of the Recently Added Episodes widget on the right when your in the TV shows section. You can modify that and get a different list of episodes. Same goes the other widgets. If you want something different, you probably need to edit the correct playlist. The only thing to keep in mind is that if you do that, you should store a copy of the updated one somewhere. Why? Because if I update the skin and push that out, your changes will be overwritten. So you'll want to save a copy so you can change them back.

BTW, none of what I described is specific to my mod. This is all default Estuary behavior. I hope that helps.

RE: pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support) - claudedunn - 2017-03-09

(2017-02-17, 19:19)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-02-17, 13:27)Julipo Wrote: Thank you!

A2, A3, B3, A4, B4

A2, B2

If you want something other than the default widgets, you'll need to find a skin that uses Skin Widgets. There's a mod of the original Estuary that does that, and the same author is doing a mod of the newer Estuary skin, but only for Kodi 18.

im looking for that to, but is only working on kodi 18 now.....wonder why, will 17 last only a few months because 18 is way ahead on stability, performance and options ?

RE: pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support) - AndreB1404 - 2017-03-14

Hi pkscout, thanks for a great mod. I am experiencing something strange lately. I am not sure but I think it is after I upgraded to the latest OSMC 2017.02-2 When I select a playlist, it is stuck for about 75 seconds on "Scanning media information" before it starts playing. This also happens when it switches from a song with a duration of more than 5 minutes to the next song in the playlist. This does not happen when I use the standard Estuary skin. My music is on a SMB share in Windows 10. Any idea what this could be?
Thanks...AndreB1404