Kodi Community Forum
Kyra for Kodi 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Kyra for Kodi 2 (/showthread.php?tid=304078)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Kyra for Kodi 2 - rschiks - 2017-03-30

(2017-03-30, 19:17)N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote: Hi Richard
Just updated Kyra 1 –> Kyra 2. I like this new version!

2 questions.

1) On the remote, in Kyra 1, a wide swipe to left brought a 2nd "zoomed" remote with bigger buttons. Really convenient for small screen device. on v2 it doesn't work. did you make any changes? the normal remote is a pain in the ass with my iPhone SE with the tiny buttons!

2) About Dashboard: putting single movies on the dashboard is fine. But I would like rather pin there some FOLDERS, unscrapped, (for now I have to access these folders throught the FILES section in adv. menu). Is there any way to do that?

Great to hear!

1. I left that out in the new version because I thought you can accomplish the same with the personal dashboard. You can place every remote control button on the screen where you want.

2. Have you tried to mark as a favourite? Go to videos (kodi menu on the left) -> files and right click the folder and add it as a favourite. In the personal dashboard the favourite will appear at the bottom (if not disabled in the general settings). You can change the size of the button (if needed) and place it on the dashboard. Once placed you can just touch it and it will open the folder.

I have just tested it and it works.

The favourite will also appear in the menu option Favourites.

RE: Kyra for Kodi 2 - rschiks - 2017-04-02

I have just submitted version 1.0.1 to Apple.

The release notes:
- Tweaked and added media flags.
- Small bug fixes.

RE: Kyra for Kodi 2 - Njaynl - 2017-04-03

Hi richard, what is the difference between v1 and 2 ? It looks the same, long time user of v1 here

RE: Kyra for Kodi 2 - rschiks - 2017-04-03

(2017-04-03, 22:15)Njaynl Wrote: Hi richard, what is the difference between v1 and 2 ? It looks the same, long time user of v1 here

There are a lot of features back in the new version, but there are also added some new ones:
- the personal dashboard. You can personalise the dashboard with items like movies, series, albums, artists, menu buttons, remote control buttons, labels, add-ons, smart playlists, favourites, etc.
- more advanced filtering, like user ratings, recently added, director, actor, genre, etc.
- you can stream movies/episodes to your device
- a whole new add-on section. You can see details like dependencies. Option to disable/enable add-ons. Use filters.
- the music option is renewed. It supports displaying lyrics. Watch music videos of the songs on youtube.
- use the online database with tunes of series and cinemagraphs of movies.
- all data is cached in memory.

Lots of differences with version 1.

Oh, it's only for Kodi v17 (krypton) or higher.

RE: Kyra for Kodi 2 - rschiks - 2017-04-04

Version 1.0.1 just got approved and should be available very soon.

Kyra for Kodi 2 - jouster - 2017-04-05

Great stuff

Sent from my iPhone

RE: Kyra for Kodi 2 - rschiks - 2017-04-17

I have just submitted version 1.0.2 to Apple.

The release notes:
- Marking an episode as not watched now functions correctly.

RE: Kyra for Kodi 2 - McYoshi - 2017-05-09

Would it be possible to add a now playing channel logo in the personal dashboard?

RE: Kyra for Kodi 2 - rschiks - 2017-05-09

(2017-05-09, 10:26)McYoshi Wrote: Would it be possible to add a now playing channel logo in the personal dashboard?

I think this would be no problem. It will be a generic placeholder then (one size). The image in it can be of different sizes, since a movie poster is bigger than an album cover. It will be updated in realtime so I need to reserve the space on the dashboard upfront.

RE: Kyra for Kodi 2 - rschiks - 2017-05-13

@MacYoshi: Is this what you mean?

RE: Kyra for Kodi 2 - McYoshi - 2017-05-14

Jep! If that also works with PVR logos it would be an awesome addition Smile

RE: Kyra for Kodi 2 - rschiks - 2017-05-14

(2017-05-14, 13:06)McYoshi Wrote: Jep! If that also works with PVR logos it would be an awesome addition Smile

It will be the same image as displayed in the remote control.

RE: Kyra for Kodi 2 - rschiks - 2017-05-15

I have just submitted version 1.0.3 to Apple.

The release notes:

- Added now playing image item to the personal dashboard.

RE: Kyra for Kodi 2 - McYoshi - 2017-05-15

You're a legend!

RE: Kyra for Kodi 2 - rschiks - 2017-05-15

(2017-05-15, 09:22)McYoshi Wrote: You're a legend!

I hope it will be ok. Just check it out once available.