Kodi Community Forum
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)? (/showthread.php?tid=30419)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- althekiller - 2009-06-06

Hrm, need to find some good way to cancel this. When you run across a vid that some ass hat group decided to NOT use stored RARs on, you're stuck for up to 6min while it decompresses. Smile

TBH, I'm not sure if the archive decompression cancellation is working anymore or not, since the dialog causes problems.

Anyway looking good here on linux Smile

- mkortstiege - 2009-06-06

Yeah, great work cpnbry. Working fine here on Jaunty x64 as well after changing line 350 in StreamDetails.cpp to "ar << (int)m_vecItems.size();".

You're planning on starting a new branch?

- spiff - 2009-06-06

uhm, he can plan but he can't choose Wink

up to me/whoever adds the patch. and yes, i plan to dump it in a branch first for skin adaption etc.

- C-Quel - 2009-06-06

works great here to, i modified pm3:hd to use it nice work mate Smile

- CapnBry - 2009-06-06

vdrfan Wrote:Yeah, great work cpnbry. Working fine here on Jaunty x64 as well after changing line 350 in StreamDetails.cpp to "ar << (int)m_vecItems.size();".

You're planning on starting a new branch?
Oh wow good catch there, I never would have been able to find that if you hadn't. I'll include it in my next revision.

There appears to be an issue where some files are skipped by the scanner I'm still looking into. But like spiff said, I just do what I'm told. I'll keep the patch up to date against the main branch until it's time to do whatever with it.

- digitalhigh - 2009-06-06

Can somebody get me a PC compiled version of this so I can play with it?

- CapnBry - 2009-06-06

Alright, much thanks to vdrfan for finding something I'd never notice and here is v4. Fixes:
-- Crash when you hit refresh from the video info dialog
-- Directory cache save/load on x64
-- Stacked items should now probe properly in all cases
-- Items in the library that had no thumb were being skipped

This now scans my entire collection from scratch, or by adding sources on the fly with more items with 100% success.

- CrashX - 2009-06-06

C-Quel Wrote:works great here to, i modified pm3:hd to use it nice work mate Smile

Can you please post your modification ?

- CapnBry - 2009-06-06

digitalhigh Wrote:Can somebody get me a PC compiled version of this so I can play with it?
PMed you a link

Stuff with a 4:3 AR seems to have an unusually high miss rate, even after manually opening the file. This is with the v3 patch.

v4 patch needs a -I../../FileSystem in xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Makefile.

EDIT: Hit rate is 100% now Wink

- Nazgulled - 2009-06-06

MaxNL Wrote:It sounds just like that.
And between this and the new library I think there will be a complete new generation of xbmc gui
I'm sorry, what new library?

CapnBry Wrote:No I'm saying as far as I know it is is done. I've tested it 500 different ways on my win32 development system but haven't tried it on my linux live htpc. If it works as well as it does on win32, it's ready for submission.
Well, that's a different story... Of course, XBMC is cross-platform and the feature should work every where but that was not what I meant. I mean, you're missing in action for quite sometime and when you "left" the feature didn't seem so complete. Then you return and boom, it's almost done lol...

I'm not complaining, I was just wondering really Smile

Good work mate, congrats.

Another little question though, does it tag if a movie is subbed or not? If it tags, does it work for external and internal subtitles? What about subtitle language? Does it say which is which or it just says that subtitles are available no matter the language? I have another question about this but it will depend on the answer.

And for the record, I'm just asking if this is implemented because it's a feature I've been dying for (I need subtitles for every movie, not me per say, but my family) which would allow to organize (by seeing the tag or not) if a movie has subtitles or not and in which language they are (sometimes I get english subs when the ones on my main language are not avaiable yet). Like I said, just asking if it's there...

- CapnBry - 2009-06-06

althekiller Wrote:v4 patch needs a -I../../FileSystem in xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Makefile.

EDIT: Hit rate is 100% now Wink
Oops, damn Visual Studio and its easy include paths. Actually it should be just #include "FileSystem/StackDirectory.h" in xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDFileInfo.cpp. I'll update the v4 patch.

Nazgulled: Yeah I was really close before I went on hiatus but after a couple weeks away I forgot where I was. I was quite pleased that when I did manage to get back to it, it was just a few hours to finish it up. If only I had known that 3 months ago!

All languages of internal subs are detected and stored, external are not at this time but I'll add that once we're sure this is all working properly. The skin can currently only display one subtitle language now, but this is because of a major stumbling block in the skinning engine that I'd like to resolve rather than work around. Eventually skinners will be able to display icons for all subs (and audio languages too).

If the next question is "Can I filter by audio/subtitle language?" the answer is yes but not yet. There will also be filters by video resolution and maybe some audio codec/channels or something too probably.

- Jeroen - 2009-06-06

CapnBry Wrote:PMed you a link

Do you mind sending it to me too? I'd like to start skin testing. I assume it's not in the hdflagging branch?

- Nazgulled - 2009-06-06

CapnBry Wrote:If the next question is "Can I filter by audio/subtitle language?" the answer is yes but not yet. There will also be filters by video resolution and maybe some audio codec/channels or something too probably.
I actually forgot the question lol, but it wasn't about filtering... I think I'm better explaining what would be ideal for me and then you can tell me if the current system supports that and/or what it's missing.

Like I said, all my movies need subtitles in my home language (Portuguese) for my family members. I usually watch them with PT subs too but these are not out the second the movie is and I have to wait. Sometimes, I really want to see a movie and I download English subs. Sometimes I even watch things without any subs but I prefer to at least have English subs to help me a bit as I don't understand every little work I hear.

The ideal thing for me is look at the library and see if a movie has subtitles or not, be it internal or external, I don't care as long as they are there. This is the first step cause this way allows me to know which movies I already have subs or not. Like I said, I only care about EN and PT subs, so basically, if a movie has subs the next step is to know if they are in EN or PT. If they are in EN, I know that I can watch the movie if I want but I also know that my family members will most likely wait for me to download the PT subs. If a movie has PT subs, well, nothing else to do with that specific movie.

Basically, this is what I'm looking for in a such feature, to help me organize the status of subtitles in movies.

The thing that confuses me is how everything will be managed in the skin... How does external subtitles take over internal ones? How does language X takes over language Y? Are they all going to be displayed? think this depends on the skin/skinner, but is there anyway to configure this and make it possible to work the way I described above?