Kodi Community Forum
Release FunimationNOW - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release FunimationNOW (/showthread.php?tid=304479)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

FunimationNOW - User 342716 - 2017-01-19

FunimationNOW Kodi Add-on

Before reading further, please note that this plugin is unofficial and is not endorsed or supported by Funimation in any way. If you're interested in helping out with the development, then please just send me a pull request. If you're reporting a bug, make sure you've enabled debugging in both the addon settings as well as in Kodi and attached the log. Feedback and constructive input are of course always welcome.

This plugin was written based on FunimationNOW's API.

Dependencies:

This plugin is will be available in the official Kodi repository and all dependencies will be installed automatically when installed from there. However, if you're installing straight from git, please make sure you've got the following modules installed:
This plugin supports Kodi Jarvis or later. While it may work fine on older versions as well, it is unsupported and you're encouraged to upgrade.

Features:
  • Unified UI which works the same as all FunimationNOW applications
  • Playback Synch Across all devices
  • Queue Synch across all devices
  • New FunimationNOW API
  • User customizable image quality
  • User customizable video quality
  • Individual KODI profile support

Known issues:
  • getMyRaying() Error: Work around is to rate 1 show using the star rating icon. This will be addressed next update
  • Occasional API slowness (Host issue)
  • Occasional Errors when reading Queue update (Host issue invalid format returned)
  • Occasional Errors when reading Star Rating update (Host issue invalid format returned)

Links:
The old Funimation API has gone off the air today. The updated Add-on is still awaiting a PR. Until then, anyone interested whom runs Kodi 16+ Can manually install it from the Repo.

The new FunimationNOW Add-on should have the same look and feel as the application across any device (Firetv/Xbox/Apple may have a different layout).
The new API can be sluggish at times, and they have recently removed the ability to see what genre is show is under in turn they replaced genres with generic show information.

The new API also has distinct Video quality per show, so there is no real way to determine possible resolutions, so a slider has been introduced for a quality percentage. This means, most videos have 10 bitrate options, usually 7-8 are 720 and 9-10 are 1080.

Image quality is a slider as well. Default is 60% which is approx 70k per image. you can reduce it down to 10 which is about 7k per image or 100 which can be 700k per image.

The new UI was needed due to the API changes. There is no distinct way to get video information without individually running an http request for ever single episode.

Screenshots:

RE: FunimationNOW - Martijn - 2017-01-19

If you can avoid using PIL please do so as we do not know how long we will keep it integrated cause it's a big pain to include.

RE: FunimationNOW - User 342716 - 2017-01-19

(2017-01-19, 07:46)Martijn Wrote: If you can avoid using PIL please do so as we do not know how long we will keep it integrated cause it's a big pain to include.

Thanks for the info Martijn, do you know if or when it will have a replacement? I know a great many addons that use it. Seems like a pity that such a useful tool might get removed. While I understand it may be painful to up keep it feels like a step backwards when it comes to customizing and development.

RE: FunimationNOW - Lunatixz - 2017-01-19

You can always maintain your own module for pil.

Sent from my SM-G935T

RE: FunimationNOW - Choppasmith - 2017-01-19

Downloaded it with Kodi. I set up everything just fine, but I keep getting "Remote Network Issues Detected. Please try again" whenever I try browsing shows (I've tried Features, Latest, Simulcasts, and Browse Shows, they all fail to load giving me the same error)

But I just want to say this is awesome and thank you so much with coming out with a solution so quickly! Smile

RE: FunimationNOW - User 342716 - 2017-01-19

(2017-01-19, 21:13)Choppasmith Wrote: Downloaded it with Kodi. I set up everything just fine, but I keep getting "Remote Network Issues Detected. Please try again" whenever I try browsing shows (I've tried Features, Latest, Simulcasts, and Browse Shows, they all fail to load giving me the same error)

But I just want to say this is awesome and thank you so much with coming out with a solution so quickly! Smile

Thank you Choppasmith,

Hello, can you advise me of what country you are located in? The new api is geo locked. If you look in the settings there is an option to test using a supported location. Otherwise please use this link to create an issue and I can help you look into the issue. https://github.com/Protocol-X/script.video.funimationnow/issues/new

(2017-01-19, 21:25)Protocol-X Wrote:
(2017-01-19, 21:13)Choppasmith Wrote: Downloaded it with Kodi. I set up everything just fine, but I keep getting "Remote Network Issues Detected. Please try again" whenever I try browsing shows (I've tried Features, Latest, Simulcasts, and Browse Shows, they all fail to load giving me the same error)

Thank you Choppasmith,

Hello, can you advise me of what country you are located in? The new api is geo locked. If you look in the settings there is an option to test using a supported location. Otherwise please use this link to create an issue and I can help you look into the issue. https://github.com/Protocol-X/script.video.funimationnow/issues/new

Done! I've included bits of my recent log, namely system information and the log when trying to run FunimationNow. The log says "Sub only" but I did try with Dub only first (my preference).

Just here in California, US. Just a minor suggestion, I've noticed one of the menu items is Login, even though it takes you to Settings, even if you're already logged in. I would just change it to settings. Unless it's there because it's not seeing me logged in.

Okay, I just discovered that the version on the Kodi Repository is an old, early version. Downloading the newest from your page now.

RE: FunimationNOW - User 342716 - 2017-01-20

(2017-01-19, 20:11)Lunatixz Wrote: You can always maintain your own module for pil.

Sent from my SM-G935T (typie typie)

Thank you for the suggestion. I will give it a try if it comes down to it being removed. This is my first time exploring python so there is a lot I am still not aware can / cannot be done.

RE: FunimationNOW - Martijn - 2017-01-20

(2017-01-20, 02:42)Protocol-X Wrote:
(2017-01-19, 20:11)Lunatixz Wrote: You can always maintain your own module for pil.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will give it a try if it comes down to it being removed. This is my first time exploring python so there is a lot I am still not aware can / cannot be done.
That's a really stupid suggestion as you have no idea what you are getting yourself into.

RE: FunimationNOW - Lunatixz - 2017-01-20

(2017-01-20, 07:08)Martijn Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 02:42)Protocol-X Wrote:

That's a really stupid suggestion as you have no idea what you are getting yourself into.

I'm sorry you think my suggestion is "Stupid"... Do you care to elaborate?

RE: FunimationNOW - Choppasmith - 2017-01-23

I've posted it on Protocol X's Github, but I thought I'd post some recent findings/thoughts here too in case there's other suggestions or similar issues other people are having.

when I access the main menu window (Settings, Logout, All Shows) that's fine, but if I were to go to All Shows, by default it goes to A-C (but really loads A-G it seems) and I have to select more shows from the tiny drop down menu at the top of the page. Drop down menus are fine but I think if there was some way to zoom in 2-4x it would be perfectly fine.

Some screenshots I took with comments:

watch gallery

Also, I think I was mistaken about playing next episodes. When I tried with Hetalia it seemed to try and play the next episode automatically, but when I tried Slayers just now, it just takes me back to the episode list with the next episode ready to be played. I'm fine with that.

Also as far as I can tell, my remote works fine. Might not be your fault, it's just there's not much of an indicator over what you have highlighted (The thumbnail for playing? The +/- for queuing? Etc)

RE: FunimationNOW - User 342716 - 2017-01-23

Choppasmith,

Thanks for the feedback.

The new api is pretty jacked up when it comes to sorting. That is all done on their end. So if it is showing a-g they are sending back a-g. Same issue happens when you chose a few other options too. Sorry. As far as the language goes, the selection only works if you hit the play button on that image above the language. It does not effect if you click on the list item. Another api miracle. As far as the sizes go. I am going to try to work on that for the next release. Each item should zoom out a little and have a border, if you feel that is to hard to see, select genres from the menu. For that section I used a color filter. Let me know if that is easier for you to see. If so I can look into adding a filter as well.

RE: FunimationNOW - jrronimo - 2017-01-24

Hey Protocol-X -- Thanks for your work on the plugin! I just tried it out, but I couldn't put in my username/password. In the configure area, I couldn't move the cursor to the boxes to type anything. Did I do something wrong? Thanks!

RE: FunimationNOW - User 342716 - 2017-01-24

(2017-01-24, 03:09)jrronimo Wrote: Hey Protocol-X -- Thanks for your work on the plugin! I just tried it out, but I couldn't put in my username/password. In the configure area, I couldn't move the cursor to the boxes to type anything. Did I do something wrong? Thanks!

Hello,

Sorry for your troubles. I have not experienced or heard of anyone experiencing this issue. What kind of device do you have and what Kodi vetsion. Hw are you controlling movement? Mouse, touch, remote, keyboard?