Kodi Community Forum
Mod Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Mod Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19) (/showthread.php?tid=306757)

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 28/10/17) - Mele - 2017-10-28

(2017-10-28, 22:21)Guilouz Wrote:
(2017-10-28, 22:07)Mele Wrote:
(2017-10-28, 21:57)Guilouz Wrote: If I follow your reasoning, a lot of addons are spyware then. I take as an example 'Next Aired' addon, it's checking your database to show info for next episode you have in your library. Another exemple, Information providers addons, they scann your folders to find media files.

Caretaker addon just check your addons folder and my skin return a warning popup if banned addons (in a list) are found. It does not store any info.

You are missing the point here and the point is Caretaker is actively monitoring what users are installing into Kodi and that my friend is invasion of privacy. You don't like people using questionable addons while using your skin then add to your post "I share my skin but if you are using questionable addons then please do not use my skin" and do not act as unofficial Policeman.

Do you really think that will stop people?

I have find many youtube video, tutorial on websites 'how to install exodus etc..' with my name mentionned and even some with the url towards this thread. That's why I'm not happy.

This is not to counter those who follow the thread from the beginning or report issues etc.. but to counter this kind of individual who mentions me by promoting illegal addons.

Do you really think Caretaker is going to stop people, No it will not. Listen I like and respect your work but if some individual mentioned you on a video then comment-target that individual or group. Do not get inflamed and by way of your action inflame the people who like and use your skin. Let me give you a example, Windows 10 is universal and used by billions, Windows 10 can also be used to do a hell of a lot of questionable things, do you see Microsoft getting inflamed and saying "Hey we don't like what you're doing, therefore we are going to Police your actions" No you do not.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 28/10/17) - Karellen - 2017-10-28

***ALL MEMBERS***

A number of issues have been raised- some valid, some not.

Now the posts and their comments are becoming repetitive and some are even pointless.

If you are no longer happy with this skin, there are at least 30 other skins you can choose from.

Lets get this thread back on track.

Valid posts still accepted. Pointless ones will be removed... so think carefully about your next post and if it is really required.

If you still feel the need to comment, create a new thread, but leave this thread for support questions ONLY.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 28/10/17) - benrita - 2017-10-29

(2017-10-28, 18:38)Guilouz Wrote:
(2017-10-28, 10:32)benrita Wrote: Great mod, so thank you.
Would it  be possible to show the album or movie information when a widget is selected.
Thank you again

There is already info when you press 'i' button.

Thank you, I did not know that.
Can it be automatically displayed when widget is selected ?

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 28/10/17) - lepoilu - 2017-10-29

(2017-10-29, 01:15)benrita Wrote:
(2017-10-28, 18:38)Guilouz Wrote:
(2017-10-28, 10:32)benrita Wrote: Great mod, so thank you.
Would it  be possible to show the album or movie information when a widget is selected.
Thank you again

There is already info when you press 'i' button.

Wink

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 28/10/17) - Guilouz - 2017-10-29

(2017-10-28, 22:50)Karellen Wrote: ***ALL MEMBERS***

A number of issues have been raised- some valid, some not.

Now the posts and their comments are becoming repetitive and some are even pointless.

If you are no longer happy with this skin, there are at least 30 other skins you can choose from.

Lets get this thread back on track.

Valid posts still accepted. Pointless ones will be removed... so think carefully about your next post and if it is really required.

If you still feel the need to comment, create a new thread, but leave this thread for support questions ONLY.

Thank you Smile

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 28/10/17) - benrita - 2017-10-29

(2017-10-29, 02:31)lepoilu Wrote:
(2017-10-29, 01:15)benrita Wrote:
(2017-10-28, 18:38)Guilouz Wrote: There is already info when you press 'i' button.

Wink

Thank you, but that is the same as pressing 'i' button and does not appear automatically when widget is highlighted.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 28/10/17) - repulse - 2017-10-29

Any plan to integrate Artwork Beef support, just like what @Alanon did on Eminence 2 MOD ?

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 28/10/17) - estuary_enthusiast - 2017-10-29

Hi, there is white border on poster in movie set.

(2017-10-29, 13:06)estuary_enthusiast Wrote: Hi, there is white border on poster in movie set.

No problem for me : 

Image Image

This issue appear when aspect ratio of screen is not respected.

(2017-10-29, 09:24)repulse Wrote: Any plan to integrate Artwork Beef support, just like what @Alanon did on Eminence 2 MOD ?

What are the benefits to this?

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 28/10/17) - estuary_enthusiast - 2017-10-30

(2017-10-29, 17:05)Guilouz Wrote:
(2017-10-29, 13:06)estuary_enthusiast Wrote: Hi, there is white border on poster in movie set.

No problem for me : 

Image Image

This issue appear when aspect ratio of screen is not respected.

I've 16:9 1366x768 Sad

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 28/10/17) - toeggi - 2017-10-30

(2017-10-29, 17:06)Guilouz Wrote:
(2017-10-29, 09:24)repulse Wrote: Any plan to integrate Artwork Beef support, just like what @Alanon did on Eminence 2 MOD ?

What are the benefits to this?

Looks like it's quite useful: Artwork Beef

(2016-02-05, 12:08)rmrector Wrote: Artwork Beef automatically adds extra artwork for TV shows and movies into your library. It is generally intended to handle extended artwork just as Kodi and scrapers already do for basic artwork. It grabs artwork from the wonderful web services fanart.tvTheTVDB.com, and The Movie Database.

It fully supports series and season artwork from TheTVDB.com; movie, movie set, series, and season artwork from fanart.tv; and movie and movie set artwork from The Movie Database. For those series that really pop, high quality fanart for each episode can be added from The Movie Database.

The full list of artwork types grabbed from external web services for movies and movie setsposterfanartbannerclearlogolandscapeclearartdiscart
For seriesposterfanartbannerclearlogolandscapeclearartcharacterart
And seasonsposterfanartbannerlandscape
Finally, episodesfanart

If it correctly handles artwork downloads for movie sets that would be a huge benefit as it's currently a real struggle doing it manually in Kodi Smile

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 28/10/17) - egrueda - 2017-10-30

WTF?
Ethical malware? By an unknown skin developer?
Do we all need to trust a skin developer for the security of our home systems?
Are you serious? Oh, man!
If you like developing skins, go ahead.
If tou thing someone is stealing your work, then make something about that one.
But infecting kodi with your own malware is just stupid, far, far away from the need of a skin.
The addons I own and the repos I add are NOT of your business, so make yourself a favor and leave us alone with our addons.
Don't pretend to be our "kodi savior", nobody asked you for that.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 28/10/17) - Dangelus - 2017-10-30

After an extensive team conversation we have decided that we will not be allowing the support of the caretaker add-on or add-ons that require it to have support threads on the forums while we consider our position.

The general consensus is that we do not feel that the add-on is in the spirit of open source and the users' freedom to choose. As a consequence we will be locking support threads and disallowing any topics in relation to the Caretaker add-on support, until we come to a final decision.

Unfortunately this means that support threads for third party skins or add-ons that currently require Caretaker as a dependency will also be affected. If the skin author decides to change their position and remove the add-on dependency from their skin we can reinstate the thread before this time.

*update: Guilouz has been in touch and confirmed that he has removed the dependency from his skin and therefore this thread is reinstated.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 28/10/17) - toeggi - 2017-10-30

Thanks for doing that Guilouz! Really appreciate the work you put in to this mod for everyone Smile