Kodi Community Forum
Mod Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Mod Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19) (/showthread.php?tid=306757)

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 26/11/18) - Friedel540 - 2019-01-05

Hello to all, i successful use Estuary Mod V2 with movies, tv shows and music. Only with Music videos i have some problems. First i have to say, that i have install all listed add-ons and activate them. Under Music videos if i open the tag „albums“ i see a list all of my musik videos, but without any poster, fanart or plot. When i click one of the listed videos i see on the next level the infos with poster, fanart and plot.  Under the Tag „artists“ i only see fanart from artists, with listed cds under „music“.  Then in the music videos i see the fanart from the music cd. In the sample pictures listed under „viewtype/Widelist“ i see all the infos i want. In my system i only see the  clearlogo? top left on the screen. In my opinion the mistake is in my structure of the nfo files. In the german kodinerds board

https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thread/63849-Fragen-zu-Estuary-Mod-V2/

upped some pictures and an example nfo file (posting 4). Do anyone have a solution? 

Regards Friedel

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 26/11/18) - m0uthless - 2019-01-07

Hi all, i've 1 problem and 1 request for the widgets.

I create 3 personalized widgets but when i navigate i had this problem with logo: 

https://imgur.com/a/W4x8s0x

It is possible remove the clear logo?

By the way it is possible use the TV Thumbs of series instead fanart? When used Miniatures or Thumbs?

Thx

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 26/11/18) - MB32 - 2019-01-08

Color me impressed -- a lot of nice work was done here to continue Estuary's evolution.  This looks pretty close to finished and I sure would like to see it become the new default skin in time for Leia's release... but I dont see the author posting recently.  Is there a bug tracker, or is this the place for bug reports?

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 26/11/18) - andrewilley - 2019-01-08

A few quick questions from a noob user of this skin (only just installed Leia 18 for testing). The first two are just how to restore a couple of Estuary default display modes:

1) How do I get TV Show titles and Episode titles displayed as text underneath the thumbnails shown in the homescreen widgets, as per default Estuary? (I've found out how to remove the show banner, but not how to get the regular default title wording back). e.g. https://www.dropbox.com/s/nd8dzctiji7to9d/Kodi-Estuary1.jpg

2) Similarly to (2), how do I get artist/song-title displayed under Music Video thumbnails, as per default Estuary, and not have extra unnecessary top grey borders. e.g. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gikeq56ovfun2ah/Kodi-Estuary2.jpg

3) How do I install and configure the alternative (full-colour) meta tag logos (Dolby, DTS, resolution, etc) that I've seen in some of the screenshots here?

Thanks for any help, and please feel free to just point me to a relevant post, but search didn't help much.

Andre

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 26/11/18) - biau - 2019-01-09

Hi all,
Migrating to kodi18 I use arctic zephyr with 17 and I used the filter to hide watched episodes from smart Playlist.
Is there a way to do that using this skin?
Thanks for the mod!

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 03/03/18) - andrewilley - 2019-01-09

(2018-03-21, 09:31)Streggi Wrote: Just spotted a new bug. For the TV show genres widget, it picks up TV shows that don't have any shows yet i.e. empty folders that have been created for future episodes. Ideally, it should only show folders that have episodes in.
 I've just done a search for this issue and found the same problem, but no solution. I have "Settings > Media > Videos > Show Empty TV Shows" turned off, but I'm still often seeing all of the folders visible in the main TV Shows screen (including Shows with currently zero content). Still occurs after a Library Update and Clean, but it works correctly if I switch back to the default Estuary skin.

Andre

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 26/11/18) - andrewilley - 2019-01-10

Sorry, more questions than answers at the moment. I've already worked out I need to use Artwork Beef to update the Poster / thumbnail artwork images, but how do I change some custom (local) artwork for my own TV shows folders/groups? I tried "AB: Add Missing Artwork", but that just reports that there is no web service for that folder name (there wouldn't be, I made the group myself and want to use a new local image file). I could revert back to regular Estuary and make the change there, but that seems a bit counter-productive.

Oh, and to report a minor bug, the reason that I need to do this in the first place is that poster artwork I've got in place for one TV folder at the moment is a landscape image of a person. Estuary simply crops it into the portrait frame which looks fine, but Estuary Mod squashes it horizontally to fit the whole image into the portrait frame, which looks really bad. The default Estuary behaviour is more elegant.    

Andre

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 26/11/18) - the_other_guy - 2019-01-10

(2019-01-10, 02:58)andrewilley Wrote: The default Estuary behaviour is more elegant.    

Andre
 so why do you need to use this theme ?

i am sure it could be done in Estuary with a mod

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 26/11/18) - Karellen - 2019-01-10

(2019-01-10, 02:58)andrewilley Wrote: poster artwork I've got in place for one TV folder at the moment is a landscape image of a person.
Not a bug. Different skins treat artwork differently and each skinner has their own reason for how they treat non-conforming artwork. Of course it would help if you abide by the required image ratios. So crop your image in an image editor to a ratio of 1 wide x 1.5 high (1000x1500)

(2019-01-10, 02:58)andrewilley Wrote: but how do I change some custom (local) artwork for my own TV shows folders/groups?
Use the Choose Art option in the Information Page of the TV Show. The show needs to be scraped/scanned into the library to do this.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 26/11/18) - andrewilley - 2019-01-10

(2019-01-10, 03:48)Karellen Wrote: Use the Choose Art option in the Information Page of the TV Show. The show needs to be scraped/scanned into the library to do this. 

That was my point, the lack of that option seems to make it impossible to add or change cover artwork for a group/folder that you've manually created in TV Shows (for example to contain assorted .nfo based items which cannot be scraped, which is the case here). Choose Art simply returns an error. The main time users would need to browse for local artwork images would be where nothing can be scraped online, so to require the content to have been scraped before a manual file Browse option becomes available seems illogical.

Anyway, I resolved it by reverting to the regular default Estuary skin, browsed there for my new image file (I created a new 2:3 ratio portrait version so the the MOD skin would not later squash it) and then switched back to Estuary MOD. I do still think that the default skin's display behaviour of cropping images rather than distorting them is the better fall-back for wrongly shaped artwork, but it's an easy enough fix in a image editor. 

Andre

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 26/11/18) - mattyspurs76 - 2019-01-11

Just noticed an issue with this skin on my Nvidia shield.
I installed a Titan mod skin a few days ago to try it. Didnt like it so removed it. I then went back to this skin,problem is that the categories Widgets do not show up on any of my menus.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 26/11/18) - mac1202 - 2019-01-12

Skin isn't compatible with the kodi version 18 RC5.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 26/11/18) - JustAnother_Observer - 2019-01-12

Looks like RC5 has some issues, Kodi devs working on fixes.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 26/11/18) - Coulen - 2019-01-14

RE: Thumbnails loading really slow in all home screen widgets.
Was wondering if anyone has found a solution for this issue.  I have experienced this with 17.6 version and all of the Nightly v18.

When using the default Estuary skin, the thumbnails are loaded before the skin even completely loads.
No path substitution for Thumbnails is being used and all widgets take at least a minute to load still.
This happens when just trying to see the widgets within the addons home menu as well.

I constantly get the wheel spinning in each home menu widget for at least a minute after loading Kodi and after watching any video.

Even the recently added movies/tvshows which doesnt change that often and would have the same thumbnails each time it load takes about a minute.
I notice this a lot when watching different tv channels and go back to see a previously watched channel to quickly move back and forth and each time it takes a minute to load those recently played channels.

The skin is amazing.  The work that has gone in has been incredible.  Appreciate your time for this!  Great work.
This is the only piece that I cant seem to figure out.  I dont think i am the only one either.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 26/11/18) - beit - 2019-01-14

It’s a great skin that I’ve been using for a long time. Definitely I’ve seen the issue around the performance related to image cache and moving around the UI.

Hope it gets fixed for RC5.2 soon as I’m missing it now that it’s marked as not working.