Kodi Community Forum
Mod Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Mod Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19) (/showthread.php?tid=306757)

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 06/06/17) - rudrood - 2017-06-09

(2017-06-09, 12:36)Gracus Wrote: Get instant kodi crash when trying to change an artist artwork

Seems it is the same at album level

And if it did not crash on first change, it will crash on second one

Starting to think that further kodi leia skinning will have to wait for some addons to be updated...

I think it's indeed wise to wait. I've also got many problems with the latest Kodi builds and addons. It's a real messSad.
What I do for now is stay at build: 0603 on the various platforms and "downgrade" the Estaury mod 06/06/17 by replacing the DialogAddonSettings.xml with the one from the previous version.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 06/06/17) - s0ulslack - 2017-06-09

Here's a screenshot of the double show titles

Here's a quick gif showing the troubles with Settings.xml

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 06/06/17) - toeggi - 2017-06-09

Hi Guilouz! Just upgraded from 17 to 18 and I LOVE the work you've done with the new skin mod!!

I have a few issues that you could maybe check out.

1. Mouse is too far ahead
When I'm on the Movies/TV Shows main menu and move around with the mouse, it's always too far ahead of where the cursor actually is:

2. Ratings on Information screen
Would it be possible to show ratings on the information screen of a movie/TV show, like in your Kodi 17 mod? I would prefer to switch off the ratings on top of the posters and rather just see it in the bottom bar.

3. Cast not available
For some reason a lot of my movies aren't scraping actors after I upgraded to 18. Skin issue or Kodi issue?

4. Scrolling vertically in Movies/TV Shows hub
Would it be possible for you to add support for scrolling vertically in the Movies/TV Shows main menu? Back in your Kodi 17 mod you could do that if you hovered the cursor inbetween the main menu and the edge of the Movies/TV Shows hub:

It wasn't possible in standard Estuary in 17, but you could do it in your mod, which is one of the reasons I use your mod (other than the awesome features and looks!!) as I'm using it on my HTPC with a mouse Smile

Mouse?

Estaury isn't made for mouse navigation.

see:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=305572&pid=2514148#pid2514148

See last post.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 06/06/17) - RBraverman - 2017-06-09

I'm posting this here as I AM using V2 and it is a Mod etc.

I'm looking for a better music "front-end". I'm used to a slick one that Meedio(S) used: ig., when you pick artist, you'd then have the letters that rep'ed first/last name, so you could to to N, and almost straight to Norah Jopns instead of having to scroll down A LOT O' artists - ideas?

Also is the a way to have the player play, without it going to a full screen image of the artist (fanart?)?

(2017-06-09, 17:45)RBraverman Wrote: Also is the a way to have the player play, without it going to a full screen image of the artist (fanart?)?

Try disabling the function:
Show music visualisation screen when playing song

In the skin settings.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 06/06/17) - Guilouz - 2017-06-09

(2017-06-09, 12:36)Gracus Wrote: Get instant kodi crash when trying to change an artist artwork

Starting to think that further kodi leia skinning will have to wait for some addons to be updated...

Artworks for music are from Skin Helper Service and it's ready for Kodi 18. There is some changes with addons in last Kodi builds, maybe an issue with it.

(2017-06-09, 13:55)Gabriel23 Wrote: Hello Guilouz,
first I love your Skinproject, too Smile

I have since Kodi 18 Estuary MOD V2 a small skin problem with the view "Poster".
The cover in Kodi all video addons (like Amazon Instant Video, Doku5, ...) is not displayed for watching selected movies.
With the standard Skin Estuary on Kodi v18 is no problem.
And with your MOD V1 for Kodi 17, this is not a problem either.
And with local movies on my HDD no problems, too.

See picture:
watch gallery

Do you know where the problem is?
Perhaps set thumbnails as poster in the skin?

Thanks for your time

I don't have account with this addons to try it.

I have try Doku5 and there is no poster view with this addon and on your screenshot, on non focused items, you have text, which means there is no poster available for items.

(2017-06-09, 14:40)s0ulslack Wrote: Here's a screenshot of the double show titles

Here's a quick gif showing the troubles with Settings.xml

No problem for me with Skin Helper Service widgets. What widget do you use ? :

Estuary is not coded to use with mouse, you must scroll down to have access to second panel because there is more items in second panel :

Image Image

(2017-06-09, 15:59)toeggi Wrote: Hi Guilouz! Just upgraded from 17 to 18 and I LOVE the work you've done with the new skin mod!!

I have a few issues that you could maybe check out.

1. Mouse is too far ahead
When I'm on the Movies/TV Shows main menu and move around with the mouse, it's always too far ahead of where the cursor actually is:

2. Ratings on Information screen
Would it be possible to show ratings on the information screen of a movie/TV show, like in your Kodi 17 mod? I would prefer to switch off the ratings on top of the posters and rather just see it in the bottom bar.

3. Cast not available
For some reason a lot of my movies aren't scraping actors after I upgraded to 18. Skin issue or Kodi issue?

4. Scrolling vertically in Movies/TV Shows hub
Would it be possible for you to add support for scrolling vertically in the Movies/TV Shows main menu? Back in your Kodi 17 mod you could do that if you hovered the cursor inbetween the main menu and the edge of the Movies/TV Shows hub:

It wasn't possible in standard Estuary in 17, but you could do it in your mod, which is one of the reasons I use your mod (other than the awesome features and looks!!) as I'm using it on my HTPC with a mouse Smile

1 and 4 : Estuary is not coded for mouse and I do not plain to do this.

2 : Ratings on dialog info are already there, but some info need to have your personal API key for TMDB.

3. Castings working for me. Try to delete one item from your library and re-scrap it.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 06/06/17) - Gracus - 2017-06-09

(2017-06-09, 20:39)Guilouz Wrote: Estuary is not coded to use with mouse, you must scroll down to have access to second panel because there is more items in second panel :

Image Image

Could be understandable in your case as you have an item on the 4th line
Look at his gif: scrolling down should not be needed as all items already are visible

- scrolling down was not needed in your skin a few release ago

- scrolling down is not needed in stock estuary:

No matter what's the cause, it does not seem to come from estuary...

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 06/06/17) - rudrood - 2017-06-10

Anyone running on LibreElec Milhouse latest builds general that can check if Kodi crashes with this Mod and not with stock Estaury when choosing Libreelec settings?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 06/06/17) - Guilouz - 2017-06-10

(2017-06-09, 23:15)Gracus Wrote:
(2017-06-09, 20:39)Guilouz Wrote: Estuary is not coded to use with mouse, you must scroll down to have access to second panel because there is more items in second panel :

Image Image

Could be understandable in your case as you have an item on the 4th line
Look at his gif: scrolling down should not be needed as all items already are visible

- scrolling down was not needed in your skin a few release ago

- scrolling down is not needed in stock estuary:

No matter what's the cause, it does not seem to come from estuary...

Yes because original Estuary have no support for games and for LibreELEC users, they are more icons :

Image Image

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 06/06/17) - Guilouz - 2017-06-10

(2017-06-10, 00:14)rudrood Wrote: Anyone running on LibreElec Milhouse latest builds general that can check if Kodi crashes with this Mod and not with stock Estaury when choosing Libreelec settings?

Thanks in advance.

Yes I confirm, I see with Milhouse to solve it.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 06/06/17) - Gracus - 2017-06-10

(2017-06-09, 20:17)Guilouz Wrote:

Artworks for music are from Skin Helper Service and it's ready for Kodi 18. There is some changes with addons in last Kodi builds, maybe an issue with it.

Not really!

Preliminary support for kodi 18 has been added to SHS 1.1.17 BUT marcelveldt's repo still give SHS 1.1.16