Kodi Community Forum
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) (/showthread.php?tid=307568)

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - VelvetKevorkian - 2017-03-08

Fullscreen playback:
Normally "info" shows/hides the complete info seen, but it only hides weather/time and the progress bar.

Small cosmetic thing:
Would it be possible to show artist logo instead of artist text - if artist logo is available?
It would just look nicer.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-03-08

(2017-03-08, 22:20)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Fullscreen playback:
Normally "info" shows/hides the complete info seen, but it only hides weather/time and the progress bar.

Small cosmetic thing:
Would it be possible to show artist logo instead of artist text - if artist logo is available?
It would just look nicer.

When you say normally, do you mean in one of the previous versions of my mod, the older mod by Guilouz, or the original Eminence? It might be that something broke. If this was a long time ago, I can only venture a guess that this option was at some point relegated to the skin setting in the Music OSD category, which hides the whole panel proper. Let me know if I need to investigate.

Anyways, the update that's coming in a day or two should bring some goodies for music users, and I'll see about moving the logo. It will probably be tricky to achieve a seamless fallback option...

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - jdotp - 2017-03-09

Hey guys,

Possibly stupid question, but how do I change / select view type settings for a menu i.e sort by ascending / descending e.t.c? How do I select the sidebar?

Thanks.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-03-09

(2017-03-09, 01:21)jdotp Wrote: Hey guys,

Possibly stupid question, but how do I change / select view type settings for a menu i.e sort by ascending / descending e.t.c?

Thanks.
In the sub menu (not the context menu, but the skin sub menu accesible from any viewtype) you have a Sort by button. It's the same sub menu that houses the view selector. [emoji6]

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - VelvetKevorkian - 2017-03-09

(2017-03-08, 22:58)Alanon Wrote: When you say normally, do you mean in one of the previous versions of my mod, the older mod by Guilouz, or the original Eminence? It might be that something broke. If this was a long time ago, I can only venture a guess that this option was at some point relegated to the skin setting in the Music OSD category, which hides the whole panel proper. Let me know if I need to investigate.

Pressing info during full screen music playback normally hides/brings up the complete info screen.
Other than that, the info only pops up automatically during track changes.
I've never known a skin where that wasn't the case.
So i guess there was a change in a previous mod version, bc i don't remember seeing that in Eminence.

Music

-----------------------------------

btw i found a bug, don't know if it was mentioned yet:

Settings, interface, change colour.
If you try to change visualisation in music osd settings now, nothing can be seen in the pop-up, where you can normally chose between fanart etc.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Jhag - 2017-03-09

Hi Alanon,
one quick question: i can´t figure out how to get the transperancy for the list view panel like on screenshot 21 of 69 in the first post. On the Homescreen, no Problem for widgets and Home bar. But not for the List Panel. Can you help me there?
Thanks, Jhag

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-03-09

(2017-03-09, 11:16)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Pressing info during full screen music playback normally hides/brings up the complete info screen.
Other than that, the info only pops up automatically during track changes.
I've never known a skin where that wasn't the case.
So i guess there was a change in a previous mod version, bc i don't remember seeing that in Eminence.

Music

-----------------------------------

btw i found a bug, don't know if it was mentioned yet:

Settings, interface, change colour.
If you try to change visualisation in music osd settings now, nothing can be seen in the pop-up, where you can normally chose between fanart etc.

Kudos on noticing both these issues!

I've been digging around trying to see the how and the what concerning the Music OSD. I'm thinking that the expected behaviour was broken when the OSD was first modified. In order to maintain the universal menu button includes, the OSD itself was placed "outside" the same layer that would ensure it's toggling with the i button. The skin structure considers the OSD to be a kind of an addition, like the lyrics panel. In fact, it makes sense that a separate hide/reveal option was introduced to counter this deficiency, and avoid thorough revisions. I've just found a way that seems to work, but it'll need to be tested out.

As far as the other bug is concerned, I'm still digging into it, I don't see any reason why a theme would influence a window's usability.

Anyways, thanks for the sharp eye, keep 'em coming!

(2017-03-09, 21:47)Jhag Wrote: Hi Alanon,
one quick question: i can´t figure out how to get the transperancy for the list view panel like on screenshot 21 of 69 in the first post. On the Homescreen, no Problem for widgets and Home bar. But not for the List Panel. Can you help me there?
Thanks, Jhag

In that screenshot, I used the dark interface setting (Skin Settings / Background / "Use dark interface"). I then changed the Background / "Background color and opacity" to a 30-40% transparent black colour. And that's it! This setting controls the transparency for all the backgrounds in all the views. For readability, high transparency backgrounds work best with dark panels.

In the mentioned setting you can pick any colour for the background tint, but dark colours work best (dark blue/ultramarine, black, gray, dark brown etc.). Adding transparency to them adds a beautiful and unique look to the skin, especially when you reach 50% transparency, then you get a nice combo of a colour tint and a transparent effect. In my use, I prefer the semi transparent black or gray colours.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - DoSe420 - 2017-03-10

Copied default setting and changed below to change hub color.

<color name="PosterBorder">da0b152t</color>
<color name="PosterBorder-NF">da0b1525</color>

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Jhag - 2017-03-10

@Alanon - thanks, but didn´t works for me. I think i did it like you said:

watch gallery

What am i doing wrong?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-03-10

(2017-03-10, 06:47)Jhag Wrote: What am i doing wrong?

Ah, you are using solid panels. The background settings are correct, but the skin colour schemes overwrite everything else. You need to go to Settings / Interface / Skin / Colours, and change the colour scheme to default. After that, everything should work.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - jdig4240 - 2017-03-10

Hey Alanon, what dependency is needed for the Default widgets when selecting the widget?? My system just freezes when opening the default widget section

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-03-10

(2017-03-10, 16:10)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey Alanon, what dependency is needed for the Default widgets when selecting the widget?? My system just freezes when opening the default widget section
The default widgets is a category that houses any preset widget from various sources. Inside you can find the skin helper widgets, extended info widgets, playlist-based widgets and library-based widgets. If you're crashing before seeing anything inside, my guess would be that one of these add-ons is bugging out.

I would check the condition of your service.skin.helper.widgets, and also the service.library.data.provider, as well as any dependencies these add-ons might have.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Jhag - 2017-03-11

@Alanon

Thanks, now i got it. But I had to reinstall the whole Skin. I wasnt able to switch back to default. Maybe a bug? Unfortunately I didnt made a Screenshot......

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - jdig4240 - 2017-03-11

(2017-03-10, 16:23)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-03-10, 16:10)jdig4240 Wrote: Hey Alanon, what dependency is needed for the Default widgets when selecting the widget?? My system just freezes when opening the default widget section
The default widgets is a category that houses any preset widget from various sources. Inside you can find the skin helper widgets, extended info widgets, playlist-based widgets and library-based widgets. If you're crashing before seeing anything inside, my guess would be that one of these add-ons is bugging out.

I would check the condition of your service.skin.helper.widgets, and also the service.library.data.provider, as well as any dependencies these add-ons might have.

Ok, Alanon, I figured out whats causing this conflict (Extended Info), can you please check your PM. Thanks

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - DaveJr - 2017-03-11

Quick question. The movie wallpaper rotates every 5 seconds and coincide with the scrolling posters on the widget. The tv shows(new episodes) doesn't follow same behaviour. Both are set to 'playlistBackground'.