Kodi Community Forum
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) (/showthread.php?tid=307568)

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - rajones007 - 2019-02-22

This might be a silly question and probably has already been asked and answered, but is there a way to slow down how quickly the main screen spotlight stays on a particular movie before it automatically changes to the next movie? Right now I believe it''s about 7 seconds, which I find isn't quite long enough. (It swear it's gotten faster since Leia.)

And while we're on the subject, how can I change the amount of movie spotlights it flips through. Right now it's 25 movies before you start to see the same movies again. Is there a quick and dirty way to adjust the amount of movies it displays?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Black-Angel - 2019-02-22

Hi,

i have 2 question and 3 Bugs. I hope you can help me.

Question 1:
​i use the Eminence 2 Skin with Kodi 18.1 final. Is there a way to hide the entire header (icon, time, weather) in the "Info Icons" view in the movie selection view and use the space gained for a larger overall view? So you waste a lot of space.​​​​​​

Question 2:
Can I permanently disable the icon (menu item) on the left in the header bar?

Bug 1:
The weather widget does not work. If I select it as the default, unfortunately, none.

Bug 2:
I use this skin on my Himedia Q5 Pro and a wrapper. Put simply, I do not play the movies with the Kodi Player but with the Himedia Player. When I use the Standard Skin Estuary everything works without problems. But if I use the Eminence Skin, the movie is passed to the himedia player and runs without any problems, but Kodi then simply ends (App crash), so I can not return to Kodi after the movie.

Bug 3: Unfortunately the function "Backup Skin Settings" does not work. The necessary addon is installed. When I click on the function, nothing happens.

best

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - starkman - 2019-02-23

Late reply to an old question but anyway... in case you don't know already

System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand") does work but not by itself.
You also have to press Reboot after that and the box will reboot to Android / Nand.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=237538&pid=2825316#pid2825316

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-02-24

@Protocol Zero  Hello! I'm back now! Big Grin Working with fonts is simple and annoying. The way to tell what's what, basically, you see which element you want to tinker with, you find which xml is responsible for that element, you locate the element inside the xml, and you see what it lists in the font tag. It's not going to be an actual font with size, but something like a font handle.

The font files are in the Fonts folder, and Fonts.xml inside the 16x9 folder is where the magic happens. As you can see from browsing that file, each font "handle" has a defined font file, size, and other textual markers. For everything to display properly, those skin font entries must all refer to valid font files. So, if you know what you're looking for, it's only a matter of finding that handle and increasing/decreasing the size. 

Of course, the downside is that it might affect other elements you didn't want to alter if they use the same handle. The way to avoid this would be to create a separate font handle to input in the element xml (so instead of Font_OSD you place MyFont1 and then define MyFont1 in the default font set.

You could even create your own separate font set - just like Arial and Default - which you could then select from the settings menu while retaining the default values. You could simply duplicate the default font set directly below it, give it a new name and start fiddling around with specific sizes and font designations. Regardless, you need to leave the lyrics fonts alone (they've been configured separately) and you also need to re-apply after every update.

Them's the basics, let me know if you need to know any specifics. Smile

@Althenwolf Hello and welcome! You're correct in that PVR features are the least-developed part of most third-party skins, including this mod. It's very difficult to add useful or new features to a segment that I don't use personally. The only thing at my disposal is a demo PVR client with very little options, that's always going to look ugly. Estuary, as the official skin, has been developed from the ground up by extremely talented people to be versatile and perfectly capable for all uses of Kodi, and will always hold this advantage. That being said, I'm not against adding new features or tweaking existing ones as long as they make sense from a functional and design perspective. By this point, both the original Eminence and this mod have design staples and quirks that I have to work around. Some things simply involve much more work than meets the eye, and oftentimes I risk having to overhaul several systems just to add one new option that at the surface level seems simple to implement.

This is a wider point, not aimed at you directly. I simply get many requests through PMs and by the folks in this thread for different kinds of feature adjustments that have far-reaching consequences for other parts of the skin, and risk breaking different things that I'd have to fix along the way. Most of the tweaks I've made to the PVR interface have been just that - small, cosmetic and functional additions to the existing interface that weren't going to break anything else. I don't mean to come off as an ass**le, only to adjust peoples' expectations. I do the best I can without resorting to a complete overhaul of the systems, simply because I lack the time necessary to tend to everything that my fumbling around might break. As I've said, this doesn't have anything t do with you personally, it just seemed like an appropriate place to express my view on the matter. 

Now, from what you've mentioned in the thread, it seems to me that you've made exactly the kind of small, functional and practical tweaks that don't go against the skins' design or seem to impact anything else. If you like, send me a PM with some more information about your adjustments, and we'll continue the conversation from there. Smile

(2019-02-12, 07:44)antgash Wrote: Hi Alanon, I love this skin, and i'm just wondering if there are still updates planned in the near future? there's a few issues with the Leia skin that's causing me to fall back on other skins. Namely, the lack of a scrollbar, the viewed icon being forced on EVERY movie including unviewed (blank grey circle), and the in progress movies section not working. I'm on 3.0.4
Sorry if these are all known issues already, there's a lot of pages to comb through.

Hello, sorry for the late response, I've been having ISP troubles. In a nutshell, yes, the skin is still maintained, updates are planned, but I can't give any reliable ETAs since my free time has taken a hit in the past few months. Currently, I'm working on some remaining Leia features like the new game interface. There are some bugs on my checklist that I hope I'll have the skill to squash, but, as I've said, it's all dependent on my free time and the severity/persistence of the issues.

Now, on to the things you've mentioned. The scrollbars are there, activated by a skin setting? (Skin Settings/Library options/Use regular scrollbars) There's a classic scrollbar and an alphabet scrollbar that allows for direct letter-by-letter content skipping. You can activate one, both, or neither. I've had no complaints since instituting the feature, so to the best of my knowledge, everything should work.

As far as the indicators go, again, I'm not quite sure what you mean. There is an indicator setting in the library submenu with three options: All (which shows all indicators), Hide watched (which hides the green checkmarks) and Hide unwatched (which hides the blank circles). That ought to provide sufficient flexibility. I've tested them out now and they work as intended.

Finally, in progress movies, as in the widget? Is that what you were referring to? If it is, then it's all tied to skin helper widgets and various APIs it uses, I've tested it out and it works correctly for me. If you were referring to something else, I'll needsomee more info.

(2019-02-22, 01:59)rajones007 Wrote: This might be a silly question and probably has already been asked and answered, but is there a way to slow down how quickly the main screen spotlight stays on a particular movie before it automatically changes to the next movie? Right now I believe it''s about 7 seconds, which I find isn't quite long enough. (It swear it's gotten faster since Leia.)

And while we're on the subject, how can I change the amount of movie spotlights it flips through. Right now it's 25 movies before you start to see the same movies again. Is there a quick and dirty way to adjust the amount of movies it displays?

@rajones007 The spotlight is just a random movie smart playlist. You can create your own smart playlist and define the selection criteria, time period and number of entries. That should accomplish the same effect. You can also edit the skins smart playlist, but that will be reverted on next skin update.

As far as rotation goes, it's not configurable through a setting. You can try and look into Includes_Home.xml line 1610 and modify the values in scrolltime tag. I haven't touched anything with regards to the mechanism itself so it should have remained the same.

@Black-Angel Hello and welcome! 

Question 1: No. You can hide the headers but nothing will alter the height. It's a fixed height and a long-time part of the skins' design.

Question 2: Yes. You can hide the header through a skin setting, which will remove the entire "block" of content.

Bug 1: Two parts to this issue. First, make sure that the provider you are using is still valid. Many companies have pulled their publicly accessible APIs and Kodi plugins have had issues. Second, make sure to read the first and second posts in this thread. To display the weather widget properly, you need to select and download the proper resources - an icon pack and the multi-fanart backgrounds pack, and select them in the Resources section of skin settings.

Bug 2: I'm afraid I won't be of much help with this one. If you can, make a debug log and post a link here, so I can take a look at the proximate cause of the crash. Right off the bat, there's no telling what skin function or bit of code can conflict with something like a different player.

Bug 3: I've just tested and performed a successful backup and restore and I've received no complaints about this before, so at this point, I'm guessing the issue is on your end. Depending on your system, you may need to set the backup location to somewhere where you have write/read permissions. You can change the location directly from the backup/restore window and any successful backup will show up immediately in the list. If you can't get the backup window to show when clicking the button in the skin settings, that might be an indication that you've got an older version of the add-on or something.

If you have any more questions/updates or clarifications, don't hesitate to write. I'll respond as soon as I'm able.

@kowalmisiek I don't think I can manipulate Kodi lists in that way. The list in the view is a horizontal list, which allows scrolling the list one item at a time. To achieve the effect that you want, I'd have to change the list type to a fixed layout, which would mean that you'd have to scroll in order to the last item every time before calling for a new set of items.

Now about the flags. The skin uses the standard flags calls to display aspect ratio, resolution, video codec, audio channels, audio codec, MPAA rating, IMDb rating, etc. As long as the skin setting is active and the icon resource pack is downloaded and selected, it will display in the lower right corner of the skin. Here is an example from my setup. As long as Netflix uses the same codes to look for flags, they will display in the same location.

I'll most likely not be able to add any more information, simply because there's almost no room left in the skin. I would have to shrink existing items to add anything new and people will complain, or even remove some features to make room, in which case even more people will complain. That's why the flags are always displayed at the bottom.

Now about HDR. I'm not sure if Kodi has written the code into mediainfo to properly detect HDR? (If they haven't, that might explain why there aren't skins with such flags.) If the code is there, then there will be a usable trigger, that will call for icons from the packs, but if not, the only way would be to have HDR as a part of the filename, and then display HDR as an independent icon.

I also cannot reproduce your issues with the Netflix view logo. All lettering is purposefully hidden in that view to make sure that the logo will be visible. I've also installed some media add-ons and opened them with the Netflix video view and everything displayed correctly. Do you have any special modifications or header settings?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - kowalmisiek - 2019-02-24

I do not have any modifications. Nothing has changed in your skin. This is a purely installed Eminence MOD from you. It would be nice to fix some of the problems I mentioned. And add the HDR flag. I'm not a programmer so I do not know it. In any case, I think that many people would be interested in the video content they want to play (menu list) and video information during playback.
It would be great if there was an option in the playlist for a video file that has audio tracks (ENG, PL, DE) and subtitles.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Althenwolf - 2019-02-25

(2019-02-24, 15:46)Alanon Wrote: my disposal is a demo PVR client with very little options, that's always going to look ugly. Estuary, as the official skin, has been developed from the ground up by extremely talented people to be versatile and perfectly cap
Hi
Alanon!
I completely agree with your comments! As I say before, only you could validate the changes. You know better than me how your skin and they support work. You are the boss here Nod .  I followed the eminence style to make the changes in the PVR area, because it is a very good start point. At the beginning, I do my custom changes making reverse engineering and I discover that "kinds of feature adjustments that have far-reaching consequences for other parts of  the skin, and risk breaking different things". So then, I learn to design skins and then (I am a programmer of other languages) and I have made the changes trying to touch as little as possible your design. As soon as we can, I send you some captures my "functional and practical tweaks" and we continue the conversation on private   Smile

Many thanks for your answer!

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Althenwolf - 2019-02-25

@Alanon Hi again! Sorry but I can not send private messages yet due to my recent registration. May be if you send me first then I could respond it. Thanks again!

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - kowalmisiek - 2019-02-27

Hello Alanon

And tell me if there is a chance to enter a drop-down menu for subtitles?

I think about a menu like it is in estuary. For example, when I have the Amazon VOD plugin. I will turn on a serial. There are 15 types of subtitles in this series. Only next subtitle can be used in Eminence. And so you have to click several times until you get the appropriate subtitles. It would be better to have a menu and immediately select the appropriate ENG / POL / DE ........

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - AnthraxLeprosyPi - 2019-02-28

Hi @Alanon,

thank you so much for breathing new life into this alltime favorite skin of mine...

I posted because I just happened to stumble upon @jurialmunkey's git commits and was very shocked/delighted that hee seemed to have worked on the original a bit lately...
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.eminence.2/commits/master

Are you guys collaborating in any way? You didn't fork the original skin did you?

anyways, fixes/improvements to the Eminence familiy are always nice Wink

cheers
Anthrax

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-03-01

@AnthraxLeprosyPi Hello and welcome! I didn't fork the original skin, I continued the work on an existing fork/mod when it was abandoned by its original maintainer back when Jarvis was alive. It all started when I made modifications to try and make that mod work on Krypton, and things went on from there.

I follow the work done on the original, but changes and differences continue to increase with each revision. Some commits I adopt almost immediately, others have to be modified to account for some of the changes introduced to the mod. Some others, still, I ignore because I don't like the look/feel or function of them.

I also added and continue to add features I find useful/interesting/appropriate for the skin. All these things together have made the mod look more like a complicated cousin of Eminence 1 rather than the latest revision of Eminence 2/3, which is fine by me because I prefer that sort of design. Hopefully, others won't mind it either.