Kodi Community Forum
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) (/showthread.php?tid=307568)

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - tmaniac84 - 2019-03-01

Hi Alanon, I've been using this skin with great joy!
Thank you very much for your work Smile .

I do, however, have a (dumb) question.

During video playback, notifications (library updates, trakt etc.) are displayed in a bar at the bottom of the screen.
This hides the subtitles and is oftentimes quite annoying.
Is there a possibility that the notifications bar can be moved to the top of the screen? And perhaps be made a little transparent?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - arielf - 2019-03-04

Hi, where do I download the version that works with libreelec + kodi leia?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - caseguy - 2019-03-06

@Alanon  Hello again! Do you have an idea where in the skin settings (or in the skin folder) I would look to stop the discart from spinning?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-03-06

(2019-03-04, 15:29)arielf Wrote: Hi, where do I download the version that works with libreelec + kodi leia?

I haven't had any complaints about the skin not functioning on Libreelec. As far as I know, you should be able to install the skin from the repo as always. If you have any issues with installing the skin, I can take a look at a debug log and see what's the problem.
(2019-03-06, 10:04)caseguy Wrote: @Alanon  Hello again! Do you have an idea where in the skin settings (or in the skin folder) I would look to stop the discart from spinning?

Look for Animation_SpinningDisc in the Includes_Animation.xml. If memory serves, there's a section of the animation that's in charge of the initial entrance spin/disc roll, and a section for disc rotation. You should be able to remove the rotation bits, and that's pretty much it.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - caseguy - 2019-03-07

(2019-03-06, 20:50)Alanon Wrote:
(2019-03-04, 15:29)arielf Wrote: Hi, where do I download the version that works with libreelec + kodi leia?

I haven't had any complaints about the skin not functioning on Libreelec. As far as I know, you should be able to install the skin from the repo as always. If you have any issues with installing the skin, I can take a look at a debug log and see what's the problem.
(2019-03-06, 10:04)caseguy Wrote: @Alanon  Hello again! Do you have an idea where in the skin settings (or in the skin folder) I would look to stop the discart from spinning?

Look for Animation_SpinningDisc in the Includes_Animation.xml. If memory serves, there's a section of the animation that's in charge of the initial entrance spin/disc roll, and a section for disc rotation. You should be able to remove the rotation bits, and that's pretty much it. 
 Wow thank you again @Alanon ! Gonna have to donate again soon. Been a while. you really have helped us a lot.

(2019-03-06, 20:50)Alanon Wrote:

This didnt work. Even removing the Includes Animation file entirely did not remove the spinning effect on the discart.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - jdig4240 - 2019-03-07

Script.module.simpleeval?? Fails to install. All Github locations for this dependency are gone. Your link to it is gone also. Is it needed? Is it ok to delete from requires in addon.xml?

**Nevermind, sorry. Installed from your repo OK.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-03-07

@caseguy Hm... That animation is the way the majority of discs in the library manage to spin around. I now realise that I presumed that's what you wanted to alter. Depending on the location and implementation (Widget discs, Music OSD discs, Extra Info screen, etc.) there are specific animations that are separate from the animation and have to be disabled separately. Are you trying to stop all disc animation everywhere or simply at some locations?

@jdig4240 Yeah, we had a bit of a crisis with something breaking skin shortcuts. In my attempts to fix everything, I tried to integrate the Leia-only version of skinshortcuts that's in alpha stage or something, and the script was its dependency. But, as no one actually uses it and the documentation and instructions were lacking, I had to find a way to work out what was wrong with the regular stuff. This was all done away from git in an attempt to keep the repo clean and safe, so that's the way to go.

(2019-03-07, 13:26)Alanon Wrote: @jdig4240 Yeah, we had a bit of a crisis with something breaking skin shortcuts. In my attempts to fix everything, I tried to integrate the Leia-only version of skinshortcuts that's in alpha stage or something, and the script was its dependency. But, as no one actually uses it and the documentation and instructions were lacking, I had to find a way to work out what was wrong with the regular stuff. This was all done away from git in an attempt to keep the repo clean and safe, so that's the way to go.
 Thanks!. Another question. Is the newer Upnext addon supported in this skin?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-03-07

(2019-03-07, 15:40)jdig4240 Wrote: Thanks!. Another question. Is the newer Upnext addon supported in this skin?

As far as I know, the new protocol with this version requires add-on integration (so far, only Emby and Netflix are supported, neither of which I use), and skin integration is just cosmetic. Because Up Next includes its own default theme files, the interface works without any special treatment, just like the Extended Info default theme, for example.

As far as design goes, I actually like it a lot. It blends wonderfully with the skin as-is, and I wouldn't really change anything about it. If I were nitpicking and looking at what I could change just for the hell of it, then maybe it would be that colour accent, but I even like the fact that it's new and independent of the skin.

Now, I've looked into this a week or so ago, and couldn't get anything to show up organically, even with the default theme files. The developer options display and work just fine, and that I presume is an indication that something is wrong on my end. I've no idea why that is, just as I haven't got a clue as to why the previous version acted the same. You might give it a go, YMMV.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - wkupike2000 - 2019-03-07

@Alanon New user of your skin and loving it so far. I searched the 100+ pages for "header" and read every entry before asking. I want to change the Color Scheme in the header. Example from screenshot, where it says "691 Movies". I would like at least the 691 to be a different color but if the option is available, possibly even change the "Movies" color too. I thought possibly it could be in the "Includes_Furniture" file but after looking at it, wasn't sure what to adjust or if there's an easier way. Thank you!

(2019-03-07, 16:19)Alanon Wrote:
(2019-03-07, 15:40)jdig4240 Wrote: Thanks!. Another question. Is the newer Upnext addon supported in this skin?
Now, I've looked into this a week or so ago, and couldn't get anything to show up organically, even with the default theme files. The developer options display and work just fine, and that I presume is an indication that something is wrong on my end. I've no idea why that is, just as I haven't got a clue as to why the previous version acted the same. You might give it a go, YMMV.  
Ok, ill fiddle around, thanks! 
Another idea im thinking. Any possibility to make the submenu always visible when scrolling left or right on main menu? And possibly hide only when you press up to view widgets? It just seems rather hidden besides the small arrow that points down. Another reason is I dont believe you can access the submenu if your using a touchscreen device. If it was visible it probably wouldnt be a problem. Or add a switch to skin settings to make it visible. Just an idea, thanks.

**EDIT,  ehh, on second thought, that would block everything at the top. Stupid idea, lol. Nevermind..

Lol, how about this one.. Is it possible to have Extended Info Mod open when you click Information instead of opening the info page, and then clicking Extended Info?
Is that the DialogVideoInfo.xml?  Hmm, wonder if i can copy the contents from Extended Info Mod DialogVideoInfo and paste them into the default one.....

(2019-03-07, 13:26)Alanon Wrote: @caseguy Hm... That animation is the way the majority of discs in the library manage to spin around. I now realise that I presumed that's what you wanted to alter. Depending on the location and implementation (Widget discs, Music OSD discs, Extra Info screen, etc.) there are specific animations that are separate from the animation and have to be disabled separately. Are you trying to stop all disc animation everywhere or simply at some locations?

@jdig4240 Yeah, we had a bit of a crisis with something breaking skin shortcuts. In my attempts to fix everything, I tried to integrate the Leia-only version of skinshortcuts that's in alpha stage or something, and the script was its dependency. But, as no one actually uses it and the documentation and instructions were lacking, I had to find a way to work out what was wrong with the regular stuff. This was all done away from git in an attempt to keep the repo clean and safe, so that's the way to go.
@Alanon all disc animation, everywhere. I want to make it so the discart never spins so you can actually see the disc. Would look so much better that way.

(2019-03-07, 13:26)Alanon Wrote: @caseguy Hm... That animation is the way the majority of discs in the library manage to spin around. I now realise that I presumed that's what you wanted to alter. Depending on the location and implementation (Widget discs, Music OSD discs, Extra Info screen, etc.) there are specific animations that are separate from the animation and have to be disabled separately. Are you trying to stop all disc animation everywhere or simply at some locations?

@Alanon - When I select info on a given movie the info and artwork pops up. If I have DiscArt enabled, the disc pops up but slowly spins. I'd like to turn off that spinning effect so you can see the discart better. Would look great that way.