Kodi Community Forum
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) (/showthread.php?tid=307568)

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - ontap - 2019-06-20

How do I find/bring up the "quick navigation " shortcuts list please ?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-06-22

@ontap QuickNav uses skin shortcuts menu shortcuts in a distinct drop-down menu. When you add some menu entries, it should always be around near the top of the screen, though remote triggering doesn't work in PVR or on the Home menu. It's most useful if you have a mouse since hovering the cursor near the top will have it drop down. If you use a remote, the quickest way to get to it is to call up the usual sub-menu with whatever remote command you use and go UP from the menu. In a second, the QuickNav should drop down. The menu in question is the main context menu - the one that contains the view type selector button, sort by button, search button, etc. Going up from that menu will trigger the QuickNav. There should be some Kodi remote shortcut to trigger that menu.

@Tq93PEQ Everything depends on the device the backup is from. It is usually wherever the userdata/skin folder is located, and you can find a list of the usual locations in the OP. Also, you can configure the location of the backups in the add-on settings, then re-create the backup and have it placed at a known location.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Karandras - 2019-07-01

Kids HUB?

Is it possible to create a Hub only for my Kids?
I tray already...
Create a shurtcut and a new Hub.
Than i create a shurtcut "Series" in the new Hub.
But im looking for a shurtcut that open a Folder at my NAS that called Kids Series.
When a add a source an navigate to "Kids Series" and add it...
I see the new Kids Hub. It open.... And i see the entry "Series"
When i open it i see again 2x "Series". Click on it and i see all my Series for Kids.
But how i open it directly?

My english is not the best. Hope you understand 

So what i want:
Main Menu - A Source Kids. - Work already
Kids Hub - Work already
At the HUB 2 enntrys "Series" and "Movies" - work already
click on "Series" or "movies" open a overview - dont work :/

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - pgdownload - 2019-08-05

(2019-07-01, 15:04)Karandras Wrote: Kids HUB?

Is it possible to create a Hub only for my Kids?
I tray already...
Create a shurtcut and a new Hub.
Than i create a shurtcut "Series" in the new Hub.
But im looking for a shurtcut that open a Folder at my NAS that called Kids Series.
When a add a source an navigate to "Kids Series" and add it...
I see the new Kids Hub. It open.... And i see the entry "Series"
When i open it i see again 2x "Series". Click on it and i see all my Series for Kids.
But how i open it directly?

My english is not the best. Hope you understand 

So what i want:
Main Menu - A Source Kids. - Work already
Kids Hub - Work already
At the HUB 2 enntrys "Series" and "Movies" - work already
click on "Series" or "movies" open a overview - dont work :/

I use Profiles to deal with this. One for me, the family and the kids. You can edit the tags at the bottom of Eminence to make switching easy. Just select "custom command" and enter LOADPROFILE([Profile name]) for the command.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Benzino - 2019-08-05

Hi, love the skin but there is one issue that is annoying me. The green check to indicate that you have viewed a show/movie etc, disappears when you return to the screen.

E.G. I have a show with the green check, I select it to view the seasons, then return back to the original screen and all green checks are gone. See below

Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - bob987 - 2019-08-08

Hi,
I’ve been using Eminence 2 for a long time on an old RPI and like it allot.
Recently I’ve changed my computer to a Odroid N2 (running latest android 9) and I’m having a problem with Eminenece backup/restore.

When I try to make a new backup or restore from an old backup (from my RPI) I get an error.
From the log file I found this (first restore and then a new backup):

I’ve reinstalled my kodi twice but without any difference.
I have no idea what’s the meaning of this and what can I make to allow the backup process.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - andmc - 2019-08-09

Hi
just a quick question is there a way of showing just a green tick watched indicator in tv list views 
I do not need any of the other indicators like new episodes star
thanks for a great skin
andmc

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-08-12

@Benzino I couldn't reproduce this behaviour. Are you perhaps using some networked NAS or streaming solution? From the screen-cap it looks as if Kod isn't recording the watched/unwatched state properly. If you can post a debug log, I'll take a look at it and see what's going on.

@bob987 More than likely you have issues with read/write permissions for one or both of the folders on your devices. As far as I know the backup/restore plugin still works and there's nothing in the skin but calls for its functions, so it should be fairly stable. Try changing the backup storage location on your old device to something like your downloads folder and redo the backup. Then change the backup location on your new device and import the new one. In both cases the backup should be a single zip file that the plugin should extract and read. One other thing that comes to mind, this might not work if you're trying to restore a backup of a very old skin version to the latest one. I've changed a lot of settings over time, some changes were introduced for Leia, and some by the required plugins. If there's a big discrepancy in the code of some required major setting somewhere in there, that might bork the process.

@andmc There's an option under View Options in the submenu (show all, hide unwatched and hide watched). You can use "Hide unwatched" to remove the plain grey circles and leave the check-marks. There's no option to remove the stars and resume marks.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - MrPatate - 2019-08-17

Hi Alanon !
After using for few month your great skin on an android tv, made many set up to have a look and feel for my use.
But now i decide to buy a shield tv, great android tv box and i really love to have my entire set up on it.
I see a backup option on your skin.
Can I use it to quick restore my preset on the shield.
What i must have on it to restore thé backup (addon, library.....)
And where i can find the file to past betwin the two device ?

Thanks for your reply !

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - VelvetKevorkian - 2019-08-18

I've given this skin another spin, really like the visuals and overall style, but since I listen to alot of music with Kodi, there are two issues for me:
When skipping tracks, it takes up to 4 seconds for the new artist logo to appear.
Eminence also doesn't seem to use the logo.png from the artist information folder (maybe one from online) for some reason.
Can this be fixed?

I also don't like the next track display, but maybe I can change that myself by editing the MusicVisualization.xml

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-08-20

@MrPatate Hello! Glad you are a happy user. Smile To use the backup feature, make sure that the Skin Helper Backup add-on is installed on both Kodi installations. Once installed, you can click the Backup/Restore button, then Settings, and change the "Default backup path". I would suggest that you choose a location where you have full read/write access, just in case (like your Downloads folder or something). When you create a new backup, you will get a single zip file (Eminence.2.mod Skinbackup (2019-XX-XX XXXXXX).zip). Copy that file to your new install, to the folder where you have set up the Default backup path, and boot up Kodi. If you set everything up correctly, when you click the Backup / Restore button on your new device, you should see the zip file in the window and you should be able to select it and restore the backup.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-08-20

@VelvetKevorkian The skin uses one of Skin Helper's properties for that Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.Art.ClearLogo), line 242 in MsicVisualization.xml, if you'd like to tinker with it. Back when I set this up, SH was the only way to check for artist logos during playback. I believe that by default it searches for local artwork first and goes through probable locations, and then automates the download if it's not present. It could potentially last four seconds if it has trouble finding the file, or if you have a large library, although that still  seems excessive to me.

Anyway, I just tried it, and when switching tracks, I get about a second of delay where both the logo and artist name are present and overlap, but it's the name that appears and disappears in my case, the logo itself is always there. Then I tried replacing the SH property with Player.Art(artist.clearlogo), a more recent Leia implementation, that might prove faster. After replacing the code and refreshing some things, it seemed to shave off even that one second. I'd appreciate if you could test it out, if it proves beneficial to you, that would indicate that the SH mechanic is finally obsolete and that I should probably go through the code and replace all of those calls. 

Full disclosure, I almost never use music on Kodi, and I imported a dozen albums or so for this test, so it is a fresh scrape. Also, I use Artwork Beef to manage all the fan-art stuff, which is able to detect exactly what art is present locally and where it is located and embed that information in the database. That might have also contributed to both the initial speed and subsequent behaviour on my end. I do remember that clearlogo.png is the preferred naming standard for add-ons like Artwork Beef, so that might also have made some impact, particularly with displaying the artist logo on other screens (though with artist/album info in particular, it should display the regular library logo at the top of the screen, not within the info panel itself). I'm not sure if you use Artwork Beef, if not, I can't recommend it enough. 

On a different note, you should easily be able to modify most of the Music OSD layout if you so desire. I'll admit that the interface is a bit clunky, but still, it's a lot nicer than it used to be. The default Eminence OSD is different than this one, so the quickest route might be to check it out and yank some of the code from there if that's what you prefer.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - VelvetKevorkian - 2019-08-20

(2019-08-20, 14:47)Alanon Wrote: @VelvetKevorkian The skin uses one of Skin Helper's properties for that Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Player.Art.ClearLogo), line 242 in MsicVisualization.xml, if you'd like to tinker with it. Back when I set this up, SH was the only way to check for artist logos during playback. I believe that by default it searches for local artwork first and goes through probable locations, and then automates the download if it's not present. It could potentially last four seconds if it has trouble finding the file, or if you have a large library, although that still  seems excessive to me.

Anyway, I just tried it, and when switching tracks, I get about a second of delay where both the logo and artist name are present and overlap, but it's the name that appears and disappears in my case, the logo itself is always there. Then I tried replacing the SH property with Player.Art(artist.clearlogo), a more recent Leia implementation, that might prove faster. After replacing the code and refreshing some things, it seemed to shave off even that one second. I'd appreciate if you could test it out, if it proves beneficial to you, that would indicate that the SH mechanic is finally obsolete and that I should probably go through the code and replace all of those calls. 

Full disclosure, I almost never use music on Kodi, and I imported a dozen albums or so for this test, so it is a fresh scrape. Also, I use Artwork Beef to manage all the fan-art stuff, which is able to detect exactly what art is present locally and where it is located and embed that information in the database. That might have also contributed to both the initial speed and subsequent behaviour on my end. I do remember that clearlogo.png is the preferred naming standard for add-ons like Artwork Beef, so that might also have made some impact, particularly with displaying the artist logo on other screens (though with artist/album info in particular, it should display the regular library logo at the top of the screen, not within the info panel itself). I'm not sure if you use Artwork Beef, if not, I can't recommend it enough. 

On a different note, you should easily be able to modify most of the Music OSD layout if you so desire. I'll admit that the interface is a bit clunky, but still, it's a lot nicer than it used to be. The default Eminence OSD is different than this one, so the quickest route might be to check it out and yank some of the code from there if that's what you prefer.

Replacing line 242 worked, the artist logo.png loads much faster now, even with a huge library Smile
cdart.png seems to have a similar issue, sometimes it doesn't even load at all, even though a file is present locally.

I also replaced the line with the discnumber (most skins display this imho useless info) and replaced it with genre info:

lines 274 to 283:
Code:
                    <control type="label">
                        <height>60</height>
                        <font>NextUpRemaining</font>
                        <align>right</align>
                        <textoffsetx>13</textoffsetx>
                        <textcolor>ListLabel</textcolor>
                        <scroll>true</scroll>
                        <scrollsuffix>   •   </scrollsuffix>
                        <label>[LOWERCASE][COLOR=$VAR[HighlightColor2]]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Genre][/COLOR][/LOWERCASE]</label>
                    </control>

Next for me would be placing album-/discart on the left, text info right next to it
and removing next info (or having it optional), so that the info text can use more space
... but that will take a lot more tinkering, thx for the help so far Smile

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - VelvetKevorkian - 2019-08-21

found a bug with large movie collections:

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-08-22

@VelvetKevorkian Yup, that'll do it. Big Grin

I think I can make out 24 films in the 007 collection, right? I'll have to split the space for the collection title and cap the years for this particular view. I'll cap it at around 5 or 6, that way the collection title will have at least 50% of the space, with some room to breathe between them. Speaking of which, the current poster preview limit is 11. Would you prefer a cap on the number of poster previews to be something rounded (10, 15, 20), or would you rather it expand as far as it can? After fixing the calculated duration overlap, and assuming a total runtime not exceeding 99 hours 59 minutes, there's room for 23 poster previews to fill out the entire length of the bottom space. As I don't have any large collections like this, I'll go by what you'd prefer, since you're going to be the one looking at them.

Regarding SH properties, I'll definitely be changing some of them (like artist logos and disc art) to the newer Leia features. Others, however, I'm still on the fence about. Back in the day I tried to integrate as many of those properties as I could, especially for things like genres, because they allowed for lookups when genre and other tags were not present. At the time, it was a good compromise between looking nice and informative even if you didn't always fill everything out perfectly, so the second or two it took to fetch and cache the info was worth it.