Kodi Community Forum
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) (/showthread.php?tid=307568)

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - jdig4240 - 2017-07-13

(2017-07-13, 01:04)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-07-12, 21:17)jdig4240 Wrote: Alanon, the new Showcase widgets are sweet!!
Is there a shortcut to the Showcase widget so i can make it a homescreen tab? What would the custom command be to make it open as a home screen tab, rather than pressing down in a spot with no submenu? Thanks!

Whoops, just saw the post. Sorry for skipping you. Big Grin

You can use "ActivateWindow(1131)" as a custom action. That will have an effect of a separate window.

Is there a specific resource needed to show the Movie genre icons in the Showcase?? No biggie, just curious.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - jdig4240 - 2017-07-13

(2017-07-13, 01:04)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-07-12, 21:17)jdig4240 Wrote: Alanon, the new Showcase widgets are sweet!!
Is there a shortcut to the Showcase widget so i can make it a homescreen tab? What would the custom command be to make it open as a home screen tab, rather than pressing down in a spot with no submenu? Thanks!

Whoops, just saw the post. Sorry for skipping you. Big Grin

You can use "ActivateWindow(1131)" as a custom action. That will have an effect of a separate window.

Dang, only one issue with using the Showcase widget is there doesnt seem to be a way to use the context menu to manage the library, or delete movies or shows. Im guessing because its technically a widget huh.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - jurialmunkey - 2017-07-13

@jdig4240 - yeah the full context menu is only available from inside the library windows unfortunately. With the showcase widgets you will only get the widget context menu items as it is essentially eight widgets stacked together in a grouplist inside a custom window. It was a proof of concept that I made to ensure that I would be properly able to make the widgets for the Horizon home screen.

@Alanon - You probably missed this when porting over the Showcase Widget from the default skin, but you can add the Showcase Widget shortcut to the common grouping (rather than needing to enter a custom action) by editing shortcuts/overrides.xml and adding the following line.
Code:
<shortcut label="Showcase" grouping="common" thumbnail="special://skin/extras/icons/playlist.png" icon="special://skin/extras/icons/playlist.png">ActivateWindow(1131)</shortcut>

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-07-13

(2017-07-13, 06:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Alanon - You probably missed this when porting over the Showcase Widget from the default skin, but you can add the Showcase Widget shortcut to the common grouping (rather than needing to enter a custom action) by editing shortcuts/overrides.xml and adding the following line.
Code:
<shortcut label="Showcase" grouping="common" thumbnail="special://skin/extras/icons/playlist.png" icon="special://skin/extras/icons/playlist.png">ActivateWindow(1131)</shortcut>

Right on the money, as always!

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - taurus35 - 2017-07-13

(2017-07-12, 23:51)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-07-12, 21:29)taurus35 Wrote: 4. I believe that's the setting that's always been in Kodi, although I think there is a couple more options now. I have always had that set to Show Movie Info, so that when in Poster ist view it didn't start playing the movie. With it set this way, on the widget it still used play straight away. Maybe this is not possible now in Krypton & I will have to remember to hold instead of single press.....unless there's something you can do for widgets. Below is what I get when I single click on a widget poster, so if that's the way it has to be, that view needs some workas you can see.

Cheers.

Now that you mentioned it, there was an issue way back when I first started modding the skin, when folks were unable to anything with the widgets, as the skin just ignored all clicks on them. I forget the details, but Krypton definitely changed something in those settings, which broke the previous method, and I don't think that anything short of tying it to the default worked. Things like that are tricky as they're usually built into Kodi. The only thing that comes to mind with regards to a workaround would be a custom keymap, but even if a click could be added there, it would be universal.

Alanon,

That's fine, no problem. I'll just use the click & hold method. Is there something you can do in case of accidental single click, to make that window look a little better when you get time? It just needs the standard background of the TV show or Movie added really to hide what's behind?

Cheers.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Jay19802005 - 2017-07-13

If I wanted To add my own icons on menu screen what size would they need to be to fit...TIA@Alanon

(2017-07-13, 09:26)taurus35 Wrote: Alanon,

That's fine, no problem. I'll just use the click & hold method. Is there something you can do in case of accidental single click, to make that window look a little better when you get time? It just needs the standard background of the TV show or Movie added really to hide what's behind?

Cheers.

Added. Wink Will be in the next update.

(2017-07-13, 09:32)Jay19802005 Wrote: If I wanted To add my own icons on menu screen what size would they need to be to fit...TIA@Alanon

Well, the images themselves are 512x512, so anything square and of those dimensions will work just fine. However, if you want to maintain a consistent interface or the feel of the icons already present, I'd recommend something like a 245x245 icon or so (no canvas, just the icon) centred on a 512x512 transparent canvas. That's the sweet spot, since that will mimic the icons size and spacing in the skin. Of course, if you want them larger, then just use larger icons as the base for the 512x512.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - stevo629 - 2017-07-13

I really love the look of this skin and I feel like the settings are pretty easy to navigate; however, I can't seem to find where to change the main screen background image. Can someone please direct me on how to do this?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Jay19802005 - 2017-07-13

Thanks @Alanon

(2017-07-13, 17:31)stevo629 Wrote: I really love the look of this skin and I feel like the settings are pretty easy to navigate; however, I can't seem to find where to change the main screen background image. Can someone please direct me on how to do this?

Hello and welcome! Big Grin

The Home screen background can be set in various ways, depending on how you want it to behave. First, if you use the widgets, you must enable the setting to prefer backgrounds to widget fanart (Backgrounds /Replace widget fanart with background). Otherwise, the focused item's fanart will display over any other image.

Then, you can set up your backgrounds for every menu individually in the home menu settings (Home /Customise home menu /Background). Once you click the backgrounds option in a particular menu item, there are two options, browsing to one static image, or to a folder with images that will rotate automatically. You can configure separate images for each menu item, or choose identical images for it.

If you don't want to do this, you can also set up a single image as the fanart fallback image in the skin settings - if both the widget fanart and the menu shortcut backgrounds are empty, then that image will be displayed on the Home screen.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Paranoidjack - 2017-07-15

There's an issue within the hubs where a blank row is added to the bottom of the items.

Version: 2.4.1

Hub Layout:

Issue:

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-07-16

(2017-07-15, 17:30)Paranoidjack Wrote: There's an issue within the hubs where a blank row is added to the bottom of the items.

Version: 2.4.1

Fixed! Big Grin

Will be in 2.4.2 in a couple of days, just trying to iron out some more bugs.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - hasenbolle - 2017-07-16

Hey alanon,

when i'm playing a video and use the skip feature of kodi, there are no skip steps displayed. Is there some setting to enable this?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - taurus35 - 2017-07-17

(2017-07-16, 15:33)hasenbolle Wrote: Hey alanon,

when i'm playing a video and use the skip feature of kodi, there are no skip steps displayed. Is there some setting to enable this?

I noticed this today as well.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-07-17

(2017-07-17, 00:37)taurus35 Wrote:
(2017-07-16, 15:33)hasenbolle Wrote: Hey alanon,

I noticed this today as well.

Just realised it was there myself. I must have been testing something a while back and forgot to return the OSD to its proper behaviour. Fixed for the next update. Nod