Kodi Community Forum
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) (/showthread.php?tid=307568)

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - PX80 - 2017-09-07

I'd also like to change the color of the OSD Menu, but i am not certain which one it is. currently is grey'ish and i like to mod it, like i did with the background .

Code:
"Background" - Background Colour
"FanartFade" - ?
"HomeBarBG" - Home menu background
"HomeBarFG" - Home menu highlight
"HomeBarTile" - Widget tile background
"HomeWidgetBG"  - Widget posters background
"DialogBG" - Dialogue background colour
"Highlight" - Primary Highlight
"Highlight2" - Secondary Highlight
"Selected" - Focused item colour
"MainLabel" - Main Label colour (Clock, the big name in the left corner, etc)
"SubLabel" - Sub Label colour (stuff like the date under the clock)
"HomeSubLabel" - Like the Sub Label, but on the Home page
"LineLabel" - Info Labels colour
"SideArrow" - RSS text colour
"PosterBorder" - Poster Focus frame
"ListLabel" - List Item colour
"Disabled" - Colour used to distinguish disabled items in the skin
"ObjectBackground"  - Helps with the skin background panels
"ColorPicker"  - Something for the CDArtManager add-on

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-09-07

(2017-09-07, 09:00)PX80 Wrote: How can i change the SubMenu Tile lenght? The "Name/Titles" for the SubMenus are smalle then the tile, however the tile has a fixed size and so i have to scroll if there are more thant 6 items in a Submenu.

Includes_Defs.xml, you're looking for DefSubMenu or DefSubMenu_Small, depending on the style. Changing the width will not help much with your issue. After a certain size, the text itself will start to scroll, and will need to be decreased, so I'm not sure how much will be gained by this. You need to change the width dimensions, and potentially the label font size.

(2017-09-07, 09:11)Meschugge Wrote: Hey Alanon,

short question. I would like to decrease the navigation panel in the music osd. It's a little bit too big (can't see enough of the background...for my taste). Can you tell me, where i can find the script to change the settings of the panel. Are they in the Includes_Window.xml ?

Thanx
Meschugge

Hello! What do you mean by the navigation panel?

(2017-09-07, 09:32)PX80 Wrote: I'd also like to change the color of the OSD Menu, but i am not certain which one it is. currently is grey'ish and i like to mod it, like i did with the background .

Well, the colour diffuse itself is in line 147 of DialogSeekBar.xml. It's not part of the themeable settings, as it's also modified by the skin theme (light/dark), and I have no idea how that will affect things. You'll also have to consider the colour of the playback buttons and make sure that the colours themselves are not in contrast to the grey colours of the buttons themselves.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - PX80 - 2017-09-07

fantastic! CC011222 works fine with the OSD
edit: i changed all reference $VAR[OSD_Color] --> CC011222 which seems to work fine.

also i like to remove the border/frame of the Poster in "LowView. any idea? --> it would be enough to just make it transparent but i dont know where

great support here, thanks again!

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Meschugge - 2017-09-07

(2017-09-07, 13:19)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-09-07, 09:00)PX80 Wrote: How can i change the SubMenu Tile lenght? The "Name/Titles" for the SubMenus are smalle then the tile, however the tile has a fixed size and so i have to scroll if there are more thant 6 items in a Submenu.

Includes_Defs.xml, you're looking for DefSubMenu or DefSubMenu_Small, depending on the style. Changing the width will not help much with your issue. After a certain size, the text itself will start to scroll, and will need to be decreased, so I'm not sure how much will be gained by this. You need to change the width dimensions, and potentially the label font size.

(2017-09-07, 09:11)Meschugge Wrote: Hey Alanon,

short question. I would like to decrease the navigation panel in the music osd. It's a little bit too big (can't see enough of the background...for my taste). Can you tell me, where i can find the script to change the settings of the panel. Are they in the Includes_Window.xml ?

Thanx
Meschugge

Hello! What do you mean by the navigation panel?

(2017-09-07, 09:32)PX80 Wrote: I'd also like to change the color of the OSD Menu, but i am not certain which one it is. currently is grey'ish and i like to mod it, like i did with the background .

Well, the colour diffuse itself is in line 147 of DialogSeekBar.xml. It's not part of the themeable settings, as it's also modified by the skin theme (light/dark), and I have no idea how that will affect things. You'll also have to consider the colour of the playback buttons and make sure that the colours themselves are not in contrast to the grey colours of the buttons themselves.
I mean the music content display....sorry, my fault...

Gesendet von meinem Moto G4 Plus mit Tapatalk

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - PX80 - 2017-09-08

Found it in Viewtype_RightList.xml

<include name="Video_LowList">
<include>Object_Background</include> <-- Comment out or delete to remove frame around Poster

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Nekromantik - 2017-09-09

Hey Alanon
Are you only planning working on Kodi 18 skin once its out of beta?
Would love this on the LE 9 builds.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-09-09

(2017-09-07, 16:30)Meschugge Wrote: I mean the music content display....sorry, my fault...

Gesendet von meinem Moto G4 Plus mit Tapatalk

The music OSD can be located in the MusicVisualisation.xml, pretty much everything from line 97 to the end of the file is related to the music OSD. In order to shrink it, you'll have to resize many elements within it individually and test everything out to make sure that it fits and doesn't collide.

(2017-09-08, 15:18)PX80 Wrote: Found it in Viewtype_RightList.xml

<include name="Video_LowList">
<include>Object_Background</include> <-- Comment out or delete to remove frame around Poster

Sorry for the late reply, glad you've found it! Nod

(2017-09-09, 01:15)Nekromantik Wrote: Hey Alanon
Are you only planning working on Kodi 18 skin once its out of beta?
Would love this on the LE 9 builds.

Actually, the plan is to slowly end development on Krypton as soon as Beta 1 of Leia appears. In theory, that should give me enough time to get things nice and running without new skin features constantly popping up, like they do in the nightlies.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Nekromantik - 2017-09-09

(2017-09-09, 10:08)Alanon Wrote: Actually, the plan is to slowly end development on Krypton as soon as Beta 1 of Leia appears. In theory, that should give me enough time to get things nice and running without new skin features constantly popping up, like they do in the nightlies.

Ok thanks
I doubt we will see Beta 1 this year though.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - repulse - 2017-09-10

Hi Alanon,
What file should i edit to get original Eminence 2 buttons on video information screen ?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - noner - 2017-09-10

I absolutely LOVE this skin, thanks for your great work Alanon

Quick question - any possibility of having other fonts/size? The letter size is rather large and I want something a bit more condensed

Or would the faster option be to fiddle around with font.xml?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-09-11

(2017-09-10, 12:40)repulse Wrote: Hi Alanon,
What file should i edit to get original Eminence 2 buttons on video information screen ?

DialogVideoInfo.xml. You'll need to change the layout, button types and delete the image references, as the originals do not use any images. Also, not all of them will fit. Blush
(2017-09-10, 16:56)noner Wrote: I absolutely LOVE this skin, thanks for your great work Alanon

Quick question - any possibility of having other fonts/size? The letter size is rather large and I want something a bit more condensed

Or would the faster option be to fiddle around with font.xml?

Actually, editing the fonts is the only way I can think of to do this, the skin uses the constants set there throughout all its settings. The best solution would probably be to create a custom font group within the Font.xml file with modified sizes. You can simply use the given fontsets (Default and Arial) as a template, copy one of them over and only slap on a different name to them, like "Default Large", and alter the sizes. This would allow you to change the font set at your leisure from Kodi's own settings, and would probably ease the update process, as you would only need to copy over a bulk of code after each update.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - noner - 2017-09-11

Thanks! I will try that and report back.

One thing I dont know if its something others have also encountered. I replaced the skins on three Android boxes with this mod, all three with different processors, all running Android 7.0+ & Kodi 17.4, and each time I try to install the skin, it gets to installing dependencies, and at around 7% Kodi crashes. On relaunch, the skin is still the old one, and at that point if I go and install the skin again, it all works out, skin installs and things are back to normal.

Only happens with this skin, and only on Android. I replaced a Windows 10 box with the skin and it was fine.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-09-11

(2017-09-11, 07:36)noner Wrote: Thanks! I will try that and report back.

One thing I dont know if its something others have also encountered. I replaced the skins on three Android boxes with this mod, all three with different processors, all running Android 7.0+ & Kodi 17.4, and each time I try to install the skin, it gets to installing dependencies, and at around 7% Kodi crashes. On relaunch, the skin is still the old one, and at that point if I go and install the skin again, it all works out, skin installs and things are back to normal.

Only happens with this skin, and only on Android. I replaced a Windows 10 box with the skin and it was fine.

Hmm, might it have something to do with Marcel's beta versions of Skin Helper add-ons? The process might get stuck as it searches for the beta repo? Do you have a kodi.old log you can post?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - noner - 2017-09-11

Its definitely one of the dependencies, not sure which one. On relaunch of kodi and reinstall of the skin, all the dependencies get installed correctly, and the skin switches. Its only the first time, and only on Android.

I will go home and check if any of the logs are still there but I doubt it, this was a few days ago, but I can always do an uninstall of everything and try it again

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - repulse - 2017-09-11

Sorry to ask here, but as it's a genius place i think i'll get some answer.
Is there any way to play random video at random position ? Like simulate zapping channel on TV...
I've already achieved random movie through a smartplaylist, but not at random position...