Kodi Community Forum
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) (/showthread.php?tid=307568)

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - soufianb - 2017-09-12

(2017-09-06, 19:41)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-09-04, 21:13)soufianb Wrote: Is play video minimized in PVR broken, like the original Eminence 2.0?
I'm talking about the right upper corner where channel plays there first (minimized). Can't get it work. Anyone?
Kodi 17.3

Same function works fine on Unity skin. So why not here anymore?

The function should work, as long as the background video is disabled. With the background video enabled, the minimised view is overridden in favour of the fullscreen video background.

So I've done that and still same problem. Will include some pictures.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4XsgL53s-4ySGwzYXM1ZHhweGs/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4XsgL53s-4yaTI5S0RhaWhXdUU/view?usp=drivesdk

As you can see. Small preview. Blacked out screen. The channels are there if I scroll up and down.
Same problem with non moded version.
Appreciate your help

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-09-12

(2017-09-11, 14:48)noner Wrote: Its definitely one of the dependencies, not sure which one. On relaunch of kodi and reinstall of the skin, all the dependencies get installed correctly, and the skin switches. Its only the first time, and only on Android.

I will go home and check if any of the logs are still there but I doubt it, this was a few days ago, but I can always do an uninstall of everything and try it again

It could be that it couldn't find Marcel's repo, and it froze and crashed because of it. The second time it managed to do so, and everything went as it should?

(2017-09-11, 18:47)repulse Wrote: Sorry to ask here, but as it's a genius place i think i'll get some answer.
Is there any way to play random video at random position ? Like simulate zapping channel on TV...
I've already achieved random movie through a smartplaylist, but not at random position...

I think it might be possible, but at an add-on level. I presume that it can be done through the same mechanism with which Kodi achieves the resume feature. I guess that it would require some non-random values that would simply be selected in a random fashion. In effect, when one would click on an item it would "resume" it from one of the points in time drawn out by the algorithm. This is all pure theory, I've no idea how to do it in Python. Blush

(2017-09-12, 00:15)soufianb Wrote: So I've done that and still same problem. Will include some pictures.

As you can see. Small preview. Blacked out screen. The channels are there if I scroll up and down.
Appreciate your help

I've just tested it myself, and it works as it should with the PVR Demo Client. This looks like something strange is happening with the PVR backend. The second image in particular looks as if the video itself cannot distinguish its own borders. It minimises and blackens everything else as if it were also a video signal. As I seem to recall, there were hardware issues with some Nvidia Tegra devices, which disallowed such behaviour, but I'm not sure if that applies here.

I've done some digging that might circumvent that, at least in theory. There should be an update soon containing that potential fix.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - soufianb - 2017-09-12

(2017-09-12, 00:15)soufianb Wrote: So I've done that and still same problem. Will include some pictures.

Appreciate your help

I've just tested it myself, and it works as it should with the PVR Demo Client. This looks like something strange is happening with the PVR backend. The second image in particular looks as if the video itself cannot distinguish its own borders. It minimises and blackens everything else as if it were also a video signal. As I seem to recall, there were hardware issues with some Nvidia Tegra devices, which disallowed such behaviour, but I'm not sure if that applies here.

I've done some digging that might circumvent that, at least in theory. There should be an update soon containing that potential fix.
[/quote]

I truly ppreciate your quick answer.
This is something connected to Eminance Skin. Both original and the mod. Btw it did not use to be like this on Jarvis.
So I've tested with another skin (unity) and it works as it shoud. I'm on Android Tv, Mi Box btw. IPTV simple client
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4XsgL53s-4yYXRYbG02Z0t1OUU/view?usp=drivesdk

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-09-12

(2017-09-12, 17:50)soufianb Wrote: I truly ppreciate your quick answer.
This is something connected to Eminance Skin. Both original and the mod. Btw it did not use to be like this on Jarvis.
So I've tested with another skin (unity) and it works as it shoud. I'm on Android Tv, Mi Box btw. IPTV simple client

Did you have a chance to test out the latest update (2.4.3.2)?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - soufianb - 2017-09-13

(2017-09-12, 18:13)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-09-12, 17:50)soufianb Wrote: I truly ppreciate your quick answer.

Did you have a chance to test out the latest update (2.4.3.2)?

In the repo there is only 2.4.3.1. Changlelog in the forym also shows up to 2.4.3.1.
Where is 2.4.3.2?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-09-13

(2017-09-13, 00:17)soufianb Wrote: In the repo there is only 2.4.3.1. Changlelog in the forym also shows up to 2.4.3.1.
Where is 2.4.3.2?

The version has been on the repo for several hours, not sure why it's not displaying. It ought to appear for auto updates.
Just in case it doesn't for whatever reason, here's the link.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - soufianb - 2017-09-13

(2017-09-13, 01:11)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-09-13, 00:17)soufianb Wrote: In the repo there is only 2.4.3.1. Changlelog in the forym also shows up to 2.4.3.1.
Where is 2.4.3.2?

The version has been on the repo for several hours, not sure why it's not displaying. It ought to appear for auto updates.
Just in case it doesn't for whatever reason, here's the link.

No success my friend Sad

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - noner - 2017-09-13

Another quick question relating to the TV SHows Next Aired script.

When running the program, the guide opens up and shows the grid of shows, but the layout is poster view (I am assuming from the size of the icons) and the icons themselves are empty (can just see the poster view outline, no posters)

Using the remote to access the menu does not work, only back button works to take you back to the previous menu

Is the guide view not working? Or is there a setting somewhere I did not see?

(2017-09-13, 01:32)soufianb Wrote: No success my friend Sad

Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep researching, but without reproducing the issue, it will take me a long time to figure out. Confused

(2017-09-13, 13:28)noner Wrote: Another quick question relating to the TV SHows Next Aired script.

When running the program, the guide opens up and shows the grid of shows, but the layout is poster view (I am assuming from the size of the icons) and the icons themselves are empty (can just see the poster view outline, no posters)

Using the remote to access the menu does not work, only back button works to take you back to the previous menu

Is the guide view not working? Or is there a setting somewhere I did not see?

At the moment, it's more janky than not working. The add-on had not been developed for a long time, and Marcel took it upon himself to breathe in some more life into it after it outright broke down. He managed to fix most of it, so the add-on does work, but a great many people continue to have issues with it. Basically, the add-on retrieves its data from the free APIs from fanart.tv and the like, available through the meta handlers. In order not to bombard the free services, the process gets stopped when under load, at which point it works poorly in every skin. Since there is no other solution to the add-on's feature set, the only option is to wait until the APIs reset and try again.

The official and recommended solution is to use your own personal API keys for fanart.tv, TVDb, and omdbapi.com and input them in whichever add-on you can, to sidestep these issues and move away from public keys which do get excessive traffic. The best I can do now is try and revise the Next Aired screen to use a different way of retrieving the artwork, in the hopes that Kodi would cache it better or faster, to alleviate some of these issues. I have a few ideas in mind, and I'll try them out. hopefully releasing another microscopic update tonight or tomorrow.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - aquerido - 2017-09-13

Just updated to 2.4.3.2 and have a couple of bugs in the hubs:

- In movie hub, the header containing the library stats doesn´t go away and gets mixed up with the logo from the hub widget (spotlight).
- Same happens in tv hub, plus the spotlight widget recommends only movies, no tv shows.

It used to work perfectly in the previous version...

Thanks for your support and efforts, Alanon. Smile

(2017-09-13, 17:18)aquerido Wrote: Just updated to 2.4.3.2 and have a couple of bugs in the hubs:

- In movie hub, the header containing the library stats doesn´t go away and gets mixed up with the logo from the hub widget (spotlight).
- Same happens in tv hub, plus the spotlight widget recommends only movies, no tv shows.

This couldn't have happened, the only bits of code that were altered for the update were in some PVR files and in the translations. Everything else was left as it was. It might be a simple Skin Shortcuts bug or update glitch. You can try backing up and then restoring the skin settings through the built-in option, or simply changing something in you shortcuts and forcing Skin Helper to reload the menus. That ought to fix it up.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - aquerido - 2017-09-13

(2017-09-13, 17:24)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-09-13, 17:18)aquerido Wrote: Just updated to 2.4.3.2 and have a couple of bugs in the hubs:

This couldn't have happened, the only bits of code that were altered for the update were in some PVR files and in the translations. Everything else was left as it was. It might be a simple Skin Shortcuts bug or update glitch. You can try backing up and then restoring the skin settings through the built-in option, or simply changing something in you shortcuts and forcing Skin Helper to reload the menus. That ought to fix it up.

Had to reset the skin, but it works perfectly now. Can´t figure out what happened.

Cheers.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - ido_ - 2017-09-13

hi, I noticed that all of my indicators (watched\not watched) have disappeared and I see the skin was updated today. when I try to change the indicator setting it doesnt cycle through the options

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - soufianb - 2017-09-14

(2017-09-13, 14:14)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-09-13, 01:32)soufianb Wrote: No success my friend Sad

Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep researching, but without reproducing the issue, it will take me a long time to figure out. Confused

I understand you. I've tried 3 Mi boxes, same problem on all of them on Kodi Krypton.
Is there anything I can try or share with you to help you out?
FYI. Same problem happens on skin Arctic: Zephyr. But not on Skin Unity.

Appreciate everything you're doing man

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-09-14

(2017-09-13, 20:22)ido_ Wrote: hi, I noticed that all of my indicators (watched\not watched) have disappeared and I see the skin was updated today. when I try to change the indicator setting it doesnt cycle through the options

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 (typie typie)

This should not be related to the update as it literally changed only one small line of code in the PVR section and nothing else. To be on the safe side, test the original Eminence to see if it behaves the same. It hasn't been updated for a while, and I'm guessing that will eliminate many false leads if it behaves the same.

From your report, I'd say that there's a database issue, perhaps it crashed while an update was in progress. The point is that something probably went wrong with the database media properties setting, as only that would cause all the options to be unresponsive. My advice would be for you to try a trakt re-sync if you use it, or try and add a new piece of media into the library, perhaps that will reset it.

(2017-09-14, 01:00)soufianb Wrote: I understand you. I've tried 3 Mi boxes, same problem on all of them on Kodi Krypton.
Is there anything I can try or share with you to help you out?
FYI. Same problem happens on skin Arctic: Zephyr. But not on Skin Unity.

Appreciate everything you're doing man

Well, if you could post a debug log to pastebin, that might contain some useful information. Simply start up Kodi, play media through PVR and get to that black screen you screenshotted. Then exit Kodi, and upload the kodi.log to a site. From what you have tested, it's obvious that the particular implementation causes the problem across all the skins, so I'll take a look at Unity and try to guess what might be the solution from its implementation, but it will take me a while to get to know the skin code.