Kodi Community Forum
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) (/showthread.php?tid=307568)

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - UNCODED - 2017-09-22

This is how its looks like now (after renaming tile.png to tile.png.bak and the half-tile.png to tile.png.
But I want them rather closer together and fullsize. How do I make this happen... What xml do I have to edit.

Thanks in advance, really digging this MOD skin! Keep it up!

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-09-22

(2017-09-21, 08:06)ido_ Wrote: hi, issue solved with latest update. thanks.

one more thing I noticed is that when I enter the playlist window ("c" when something is playing or from the "ctrl+n" menu) I see a blanked screen.

I'm aware of this, it can happen sometimes when the content type is not clearly defined. I'm still searching for a fix.

(2017-09-22, 13:39)PX80 Wrote: I have a poblem that cache folders of certain AddOns doesnt update. I dont know how to delete/refresh the cache. any ideas?

Example: I am using the Amazon VOD Addon and my Watchlist never syncs with the Website when using the shortcut via the skin, so i need to call the PlugIn and then use its navigation to find a updated version.

Hm... cache is always tricky. The best and safest thing you could do is purge the specific add-on userdata folder in hopes that that would snap it from whatever is clogging its proper behaviour. That way, even if you screw something up, it's only that one add-on that went belly up. If you're careful and research what to remove, you can keep your logins and whatever settings the add-on has, while only removing the contents, which should trigger an update and bring the function back.

(2017-09-22, 16:42)UNCODED Wrote: This is how its looks like now (after renaming tile.png to tile.png.bak and the half-tile.png to tile.png.
But I want them rather closer together and fullsize. How do I make this happen... What xml do I have to edit.

Thanks in advance, really digging this MOD skin! Keep it up!

Hello and welcome! Big Grin You'll need to edit the dimensions in the Includes_Home.xml starting from the label Main List (panel id 9000). You need to alter the dimensions of whichever main menu type you are using and tweak and tweak away. As always with such modding, remember to keep track of your alterations, as you'll need to reapply them after an update.

Quote:Hello and welcome! Big Grin You'll need to edit the dimensions in the Includes_Home.xml starting from the label Main List (panel id 9000). You need to alter the dimensions of whichever main menu type you are using and tweak and tweak away. As always with such modding, remember to keep track of your alterations, as you'll need to reapply them after an update.

Thanks so much Alanon. I run two of these in Portable mode. One I renamed to a different skinname, the other is original, so just one will update. So I can implement updates later on, without having to update the xml everytime an update comes up. Big Grin

Will tweak this skin to crate a tall-tile home bar Big Grin Thanks for the suggestions!

Edit: typo

Also, in last update it was possible to N/A the home text. It doesn't work anymore. Am I doing something wrong here?

Nice, thanks Alanon!

Now I need to space everything out, can u point me in the right direction on the spacing between tiles?

Removed the LABEL indicator bar.
Moved the ARROW indicator up.
Resized the ARROW indicator.
Aligned the ICONS
Aligned the LABELS

Now I need to close the gap between the tiles, but where?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-09-22

(2017-09-22, 17:10)UNCODED Wrote: Also, in last update it was possible to N/A the home text. It doesn't work anymore. Am I doing something wrong here?

It still works for me? Make sure to manually type in N/A in the field, and it should dissapear.

(2017-09-22, 18:26)UNCODED Wrote: Removed the LABEL indicator bar.
Aligned the ICONS
Aligned the LABELS

In the same place, before the actual layout is presented, you'll find general margins for the individual items, like left 16 and right 16. Those are the spacing values for all items listed.

(2017-09-22, 18:46)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-09-22, 17:10)UNCODED Wrote: Also, in last update it was possible to N/A the home text. It doesn't work anymore. Am I doing something wrong here?

It still works for me? Make sure to manually type in N/A in the field, and it should dissapear.

(2017-09-22, 18:26)UNCODED Wrote: Removed the LABEL indicator bar.
Aligned the ICONS
Aligned the LABELS

In the same place, before the actual layout is presented, you'll find general margins for the individual items, like left 16 and right 16. Those are the spacing values for all items listed.

So this must change the spacing, but really it doesn't do anything:

Alanon, is it possible to have this skin output in 3840x2160 (4K) ?

Since skin is 1080p:

Do I need to change the addon.xml to:
3840 x 2160

And upscale all media items:
1920 x 1080 times 2 = 3840 x 2160 (4K)

Will this work? Cause the media will automatically scale right? So when I use a 1:1 scale on all items the skin puts out in 4K (or am I wrong)

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-09-23

(2017-09-22, 18:54)UNCODED Wrote: So this must change the spacing, but really it doesn't do anything:

I just remembered that the skin uses some scheme for the tiles which allows them to have colour overlays, that make things complicated. I never got into researching what went on in that mode, so I'm not sure if the spacing can be decreased. I'll have to look some more.

(2017-09-22, 21:59)UNCODED Wrote: Alanon, is it possible to have this skin output in 3840x2160 (4K) ?

Since skin is 1080p:

Do I need to change the addon.xml to:
3840 x 2160

And upscale all media items:
1920 x 1080 times 2 = 3840 x 2160 (4K)

Will this work? Cause the media will automatically scale right? So when I use a 1:1 scale on all items the skin puts out in 4K (or am I wrong)

I presume so, though I have no way of testing it, so I have no idea how it will look or if it will work at all. Most of the things are simple semi-tansparent images which should render properly when upscaled, but I'm not at all certain that the coordinates will be retained properly.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - ZERO <ibis> - 2017-09-27

It renders fine at 2k, I do not have a 4k display to test. Although I have only rendered the skin at 2k so I honestly have no idea what it looks like at 1080.

Alanon, do you happen to accept contributions for new view modes. I plan to try to make two based off these:
https://i.imgur.com/jDadKAu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/gDpZj27.jpg

Obviously, they are not going to look exactly like that but you get the idea. I honestly have not made entire view modes before but I had used the back row skin for years primary because of these two large fan art view modes I posted. I would love to reincarnate them into this skin if possible as there is really no other views quite like them.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-09-27

(2017-09-27, 03:34)ZERO <ibis> Wrote: It renders fine at 2k, I do not have a 4k display to test. Although I have only rendered the skin at 2k so I honestly have no idea what it looks like at 1080.

Alanon, do you happen to accept contributions for new view modes. I plan to try to make two based off these:
https://i.imgur.com/jDadKAu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/gDpZj27.jpg

Obviously, they are not going to look exactly like that but you get the idea. I honestly have not made entire view modes before but I had used the back row skin for years primary because of these two large fan art view modes I posted. I would love to reincarnate them into this skin if possible as there is really no other views quite like them.

Sure, why not! The only pet peeve of mine would be to try to use and re-use as many of the skin resources as possible (images, animations, etc.) so as to keep the skin as uniform as possible. Some of the elements are truly modular, like the headers and footers, shortcuts, etc, and you'll only need to make an include in the viewtype. Others you'll have to create. You can crib a lot of other elements (like lists, etc directly from other vewtypes in the skin, to best follow the logic. If you need any help adapting them for the quirks of the skin itself, feel free to ask?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - ZERO <ibis> - 2017-09-27

Yea basically it is a reverse engineer of the Viewtype_MediumIcon method. I already got most of it done and so far it has not been too bad given I really have no idea what I am doing lol.

The hard part will be dealing with the clock. As you can tell from the preview this sort of view mode does not play well with a header as it needs the entire page.

I will need to build a clock just for this view that is smaller font size.

I should be able to post up a working preview tomorrow.

Oh I forgot to add that I found that there is a dependency for script.skin.helper.service-master that requires you to install script.module.cherrypy-11.0.1 (must be 11+) for it to install.

I think you may need to add script.module.cherryp to the dependency list on the first page.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Razieal121 - 2017-09-27

when one press "i" in movies section information screen doesn't come up .it works in tv shows. is there option in settings to fix this/ \/ can someone plz help? or if it is bug can this be fixed plz

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Karellen - 2017-09-28

(2017-09-27, 22:02)Razieal121 Wrote: when one press "i" in movies section information screen doesn't come up .it works in tv shows. is there option in settings to fix this/ \/ can someone plz help? or if it is bug can this be fixed plz

What screen doesn't come up? Please clearly explain.