Kodi Community Forum
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) (/showthread.php?tid=307568)

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - AVeliki - 2018-04-03

Skin works great. I've changed almost everything. The use of system resources is minimal.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alfredo Pérez - 2018-04-04

Hi @Alanon 
Can you tell me what is this? The capture is from a movie via PVR.

Thanks.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2018-04-04

I'd say some information is missing, like the source or rating.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Decosub - 2018-04-06

how could I add access to android applications from the menu menu of eminence mod?

Apk android - Decosub - 2018-04-06

please would there be any way to put the apk applications that I have installed in the start menu?

RE: Apk android - Alanon - 2018-04-06

The only way to add anything to the main menu is through skin shortcuts and the menu setup.

You need to go to the skin settings main menu setup and browse to the android apps in the options. There should be a section for android apps where you can select the app you want.

After you've selected one, you need to go back and add a new main menu entry, and browse through to the second app, and so on.

Apk android - Decosub - 2018-04-06

I have not been able to find the android applications in any way ... in stuary but in eminence I have not found the access if it could be more detailed I would appreciate it please ...

I have not been able to find the android applications in any way ... in stuary but in eminence I have not found the access if it could be more detailed I would appreciate it please ...

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2018-04-06

I do not use Kodi on Android so I can't really provide detailed instructions specific to the platform, for that you must wait for a user with practical experience. All that I know is that it should be handled through skin shortcuts.
I can give some general instructions for setting up the menus:

First, go to Skin settings / Home / Customise home menu.
Then click the + icon next to the menu names on the left, and a new empty menu entry should appear.
Then, select "Choose item for menu" in the right side of the window.

There should now be a window with a list of available categories (Add-ons, Programs, Favourites, etc.). There ought to be a list of available android apps somewhere inside the Programs category. Fro mthere you ought to be able to select your app.

thanks to configure the menu is not problem the problem is to find the path of Android applications .... addons video ok addons programs images ok but apk android I do not locate the route

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2018-04-06

According to the Kodi Wiki, android apps should be located inside the Programs category? There is nothing in the skin that prevents this.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - dairtoshine - 2018-04-09

Hi Alanon, I want to thank you for all the hard work you've done on this skin. It's been my go to for a long time now! I have experienced an issue recently and was just curious if this is known or is perhaps an issue with my installs in particular. When using the Nextup Notification addon, the preview box that appears in the bottom right corner and the end of a show never showed the fanart or thumbnail of a show, it was always blank. I had this issue on 3 different LibreElec installs, an Android install, and a Windows install, all without any prior XML tweaking on my end. I have remedied this for myself by finding a skin with a similar preview window and using it with some minor color tweaks to match, and it's working well. Just wanted to see if this is something you've seen before.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2018-04-09

(2018-04-09, 11:22)dairtoshine Wrote: Hi Alanon, I want to thank you for all the hard work you've done on this skin. It's been my go to for a long time now! I have experienced an issue recently and was just curious if this is known or is perhaps an issue with my installs in particular. When using the Nextup Notification addon, the preview box that appears in the bottom right corner and the end of a show never showed the fanart or thumbnail of a show, it was always blank. I had this issue on 3 different LibreElec installs, an Android install, and a Windows install, all without any prior XML tweaking on my end. I have remedied this for myself by finding a skin with a similar preview window and using it with some minor color tweaks to match, and it's working well. Just wanted to see if this is something you've seen before.
Hello! Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you like the skin. Smile

The add-on has always been buggy for me, randomly breaking for no apparent reason. I've gone through the code multiple times, but it just seems not to want to work on my machine, so I don't have any insight into what might be wrong in specific cases. The only thing that comes to mind with what you've described is the mechanic used for retrieving the fanart. Right now, the skin uses Skin Helper, which ought to perform the search for a fanart image, either on the internet or in the local database. I forgot which one takes precedence, but it could be that something is broken with that mechanism which prevents any image from being displayed.

However, testing this out should be easy enough. Here's a link to an updated XML file. Just paste it into the skin folder (16x9) and overwrite whatever's there. Then just use the skin as you would normally, trigger the next up and see what happens. Be sure to backup your tweaks and changes to the file beforehand. If I'm correct, the fanart image should display properly, as the change I introduced uses the regular player mechanic to try and retrieve the appropriate fanart image. If everything works out ok in your tests, I'll include the change in the next update.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - dairtoshine - 2018-04-09

Ok I'll try it in the next few minutes! Just a note, the local database image takes precedence I believe, as I have some set with custom images that have been displaying in my own fix.

Edit- That did the trick, worked perfectly! I can't say for sure but I'd bet the StillWatchingInfo xml likely needs the same tweak?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2018-04-11

(2018-04-09, 15:02)dairtoshine Wrote: Ok I'll try it in the next few minutes! Just a note, the local database image takes precedence I believe, as I have some set with custom images that have been displaying in my own fix.

Edit- That did the trick, worked perfectly! I can't say for sure but I'd bet the StillWatchingInfo xml likely needs the same tweak?
 Not as far as I know, everything should be ok now? But please, do let me know if you encounter any further issues in your usage. Smile