Kodi Community Forum
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) (/showthread.php?tid=307568)

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-01-14

(2019-01-14, 18:25)surraender Wrote: I've tried this but it didn't work. After that I also installed the dependency and the other version of skinshortcuts. It doesn't show an error anymore but the main menu looks awfull.

I'm using a nightly version of kodi leia on a WIN10 PC with your latest skin version. 

Based on everything I've heard from testers, and my own experiments, all three things are necessary for everything to work: the dependency, the add-on, and the corrected templates in their new location. The ugly icons should only appear when there are no corrected templates present where they're expected.

With everything in place, I've reset the skin and menus multiple times and always managed to get properly built menus with nice-looking icons. I wasn't certain if the templates did the work, but it seems that all three contribute in some way. My testing is done on Leia RC 5.2 on a Windows 10 x64 machine.

Could you try it one more time, with all three elements in their place. If you have all three there already, it might be that you just need to remove the generated menus from the script.skinshortcuts userdata folder and force the script to regenerate the menus while invoking the corrected templates.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Vitruvius3 - 2019-01-14

Hi Alanon
I’m assuming that when you say “delete everything in the script.skinshortcuts userdata folder”, you are referring to: ‘C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts’
If that is correct I’m afraid that neither of the suggestions at #1,371 works on my setup either. There is no error message – the menu merely fails to build beyond ‘Settings’ and ‘Exit’. 
If I delve into Eminence I can see ‘Skin settings >Home > Customise home menu’, but if I click on ‘Customise home menu’, nothing happens.

I should add that I did a complete uninstall/reinstall of Kodi for each of these tests, accompanied by runs of Ccleaner - just in case.

Hope that is helpful.
Cheers

PS This seems to have crossed with your latest post.  If I am looking at the correct folder, I'll lay out exactly what I've tried in case I have misunderstood something.

@Vitruvius3 I probably wasn't precise enough, I'm kind of tired from looking at the screen digging through logs and code so much. The folder I was referencing is as follows: ...\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts. That's where skinshortcuts stores built menu data for every skin. As far as I can tell, skinshortcuts only really calls on the templates if there's nothing at all in its data folder to tell it that a menu has been set up. It only "sets up" that first time, or after a full reset. If you don't delete that data between adding dependencies or changing templates, as far as I was able to gather, the script will only refresh/rehash the previously built erroneus data ad nauseam.

AFAIK, complete reinstalls aren't necessary, deleting the data in the folder mentioned before booting Kodi was always enough to force a "true" rebuild of all menus. As I've said before, everything seems to work on my end with these three things set up. That's to say, all menus and submenus build their default versions from the templates when there is no previous data, and all the icons, etc. are looking just fine. The thing I'm uncllear on is what did the trick, just the new templates, the dependency, or BigNoid's variant of the script. And of course, why on Earth did this crop up now, why did it work just fine before, and a million other questions that are of lesser priority than getting everything to work as soon as possible.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - surraender - 2019-01-14

(2019-01-14, 18:50)Alanon Wrote: Could you try it one more time, with all three elements in their place. If you have all three there already, it might be that you just need to remove the generated menus from the script.skinshortcuts userdata folder and force the script to regenerate the menus while invoking the corrected templates.

It works now. I unzipped the templates into the wrong folder... Confused  Thank you very much for putting so much effort into this!

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - ido_ - 2019-01-14

(2019-01-14, 02:44)Alanon Wrote: @lusephur (and anyone else willing to test this out): Could you download this file and extract the archived folder inside your skin.eminence.2.mod/extras folder. Then delete all the data in the userdata folder of the script.skinshortcuts, boot Kodi, and see how it builds. 

I've made some changes to the menu template files, and also stumbled upon a change in structure for the Leia version of skinshortcuts. Perhaps it isn't necessary to install the dependency I mentioned, I'm honestly no longer sure, it would be great if someone who hadn't already installed the files from my previous post would test just this step, in order to be certain.

The end result of this should be a proper-looking and configured menu, just like we had before.
i dont see any download link in the link you provided

(2019-01-14, 01:09)lusephur Wrote: Installed both dependencies and deleted mentioned folder after backing it up.
Updated to 3.0.3, and menu builds, but the icons look god awful.
Restored my backed up script.skinshortcuts folder and rebooted. Skin is back to normal.
 this worked for me as well

and now for something completely different...

i falled back to the default skin yesterday. I liked how the info screen pops up when you zip channels (clicking the up and down buttons). in Eminence you get this by clicking "i" and then clicking up and down. is there an option to make the skin behave like this without clicking "i"?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Vitruvius3 - 2019-01-14

Hi Alanon
I still can’t get this to work.  I’m obviously doing something wrong, such as (previously) not realising that I needed to load the Eminence 2MOD skin for the \addon_data\script.skinshortcuts folder to appear. 
However, good news that your theory re the cause of the skin problem has been confirmed. 
Excellent work! 
Thanks.

@Vitruvius3 OK. I'm going to take an existing installation as a starting point here, and describe the procedure that works flawlessly for me in more detail. Hopefully, it can serve as a guide for others that wish to test things out. In my case, there was no need to reinstall Kodi at any point, as long as the relevant data was properly deleted. This is all on a Windows 10 x64, Leia RC 5.2. If you find Eminence unusable in your scenario, it should be OK to revert to Estuary, as most of these changes can be effected regardless of the currently active skin.

First, install the dependency, then the script.skinshortcuts, and make sure that you don't get any installation/update errors. If you're inside Eminence, the menus might rebuild at this point and display a corrupted menu with those ugly icons, but the menu itself should be functional, at least, enough for you to shutdown Kodi. Again, ignore any skinshortcuts errors and simply leave/shutdown/exit Kodi whichever way you can. You can also revert to Estuary at this point and shutdown Kodi that way.

Then go to ...\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts and delete everything. If the script managed to build that corrupt menu, there should be a .properties file, .hash file with the skins' name on it, and files such as mainmenu.DATA.xml. Delete all of them. Finally, download and unzip the file with the templates in the addons folder, inside the extras folder of the skin. Make sure that the files unzip inside a folder named script.skinshortcuts. The structure should look like this: ...AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.eminence.2.mod\extras\script.skinshortcuts\six .xml files.

Then boot up Kodi and activate Eminence, if you haven't already. If all the script user data is gone, the script should trigger a full rebuild from the proper templates, and you should have a fully functional main menu, shutdown menu, etc with the proper icons.

While I'm confident that this is the solution, I'm not going to release an update until at least someone else confirms that it actually works for them. When I get some confirmation, I plan to host the dependency on my repo, add it to the skin requirements and try to make the process as painless as possible for all those not willing to do what we've been doing for the past few days.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Usafle - 2019-01-15

Alanon, I just followed your directions above.  Using CoreELEC.  After doing everything you outlined, I went back into settings and tried to apply your skin, no luck.  It won't build.

I can get to the main screen and there are your icons for Movies / Live TV / TV Shows / etc... but if I go into interface and customize home screen, everything there is blank. 

Not sure what else I can do to test for you....

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Usafle - 2019-01-15

(2019-01-14, 23:53)Alanon Wrote: .../skin.eminence.2.mod/extras/script.skinshortcuts/six .xml files

I do not have that directory at all. 

I have a Userdata/addon_data/skin.eminence.2.mod/ which has a subdir of "themes" (which is empty) and a file called "settings"

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-01-15

(2019-01-15, 03:37)Usafle Wrote: I do not have that directory at all. 

I have a Userdata/addon_data/skin.eminence.2.mod/ which has a subdir of "themes" (which is empty) and a file called "settings"  
That explains it. Darn it, I guess I wasn't precise enough this time, either, I'll expand on the post above.

You're trying to copy the files in the userdata section, but these files go directly in the skin folder. So, the full path would be closer to: AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.eminence.2.mod\extras\script.skinshortcuts\six .xml files. There's already an extras folder present there, you just need to make sure that you extract the folder inside it.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Vitruvius3 - 2019-01-15

Hi Alanon
“Then go to ...\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts and delete everything. If the script managed to build that corrupt menu, there should be a .properties file, .hash file with the skins' name on it, and files such as mainmenu.DATA.xml. Delete all of them.”

Don’t know whether it will be covered by your update, but at this stage my folder script.skinshortcuts only contained the file skin.eminence.2.mod.hash

Cheers

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Vitruvius3 - 2019-01-15

Hi Alanon
Please ignore my last post.  Your solution works for me!
Cheers

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - ido_ - 2019-01-15

(2019-01-14, 23:53)Alanon Wrote: @Vitruvius3 OK. I'm going to take an existing installation as a starting point here, and describe the procedure that works flawlessly for me in more detail. Hopefully, it can serve as a guide for others that wish to test things out. In my case, there was no need to reinstall Kodi at any point, as long as the relevant data was properly deleted. This is all on a Windows 10 x64, Leia RC 5.2. If you find Eminence unusable in your scenario, it should be OK to revert to Estuary, as most of these changes can be effected regardless of the currently active skin.

First, install the dependency, then the script.skinshortcuts, and make sure that you don't get any installation/update errors. If you're inside Eminence, the menus might rebuild at this point and display a corrupted menu with those ugly icons, but the menu itself should be functional, at least, enough for you to shutdown Kodi. Again, ignore any skinshortcuts errors and simply leave/shutdown/exit Kodi whichever way you can. You can also revert to Estuary at this point and shutdown Kodi that way.

Then go to ...\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts and delete everything. If the script managed to build that corrupt menu, there should be a .properties file, .hash file with the skins' name on it, and files such as mainmenu.DATA.xml. Delete all of them. Finally, download and unzip the file with the templates in the addons folder, inside the extras folder of the skin. Make sure that the files unzip inside a folder named script.skinshortcuts. The structure should look like this: ...AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.eminence.2.mod\extras\script.skinshortcuts\six .xml files.

Then boot up Kodi and activate Eminence, if you haven't already. If all the script user data is gone, the script should trigger a full rebuild from the proper templates, and you should have a fully functional main menu, shutdown menu, etc with the proper icons.

While I'm confident that this is the solution, I'm not going to release an update until at least someone else confirms that it actually works for them. When I get some confirmation, I plan to host the dependency on my repo, add it to the skin requirements and try to make the process as painless as possible for all those not willing to do what we've been doing for the past few days.
can you please upload the template file to somewhere which doesn't require me to allow the website access to notifications?