Kodi Community Forum
Mark as watched/unwatched on folders - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Mark as watched/unwatched on folders (/showthread.php?tid=311447)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Mark as watched/unwatched on folders - Viewer - 2017-04-05

After upgrade from openelec with kodi 16 to libreelec with kodi 17 and 17.1 I noticed missing "mark as watched" context menu entry on folder (directory) in video files mode.
In file context menu this entry exist.
It is supposed to be so? If yes it is so uncomfortable.

RE: Mark as watched/unwatched on folders - Derek - 2017-04-07

thats a library function which may work via files if the directory contains a movie scanned in the library but deffo wont work if not but never tried or needed to.

Mark as watched/unwatched on folders - Viewer - 2017-04-08

Sorry, don't understand what you mean.
I used this in previous version of kodi and it very useful for kids cartoons, for example.

RE: Mark as watched/unwatched on folders - Derek - 2017-04-08

Scan something into the library from your collection and right click on it you get different options in library mode vs file mode

RE: Mark as watched/unwatched on folders - Viewer - 2017-04-12

(2017-04-08, 13:03)Derek Wrote: Scan something into the library from your collection and right click on it you get different options in library mode vs file mode
I don't want use library mode. What's the point remove this future from file mode? I think it's a bug.

RE: Mark as watched/unwatched on folders - Derek - 2017-04-13

You can only use those functions in the library as i said this isnt new as far as im aware, how can kodi know it watched in file mode theres no database being used there?

If im wrong correct me but this is my take on this and this is not a new thing.

RE: Mark as watched/unwatched on folders - Sesshoumaru - 2017-04-17

I have the same problem. In Kodi 15 there was a menu entry "mark as watched" on folders, which simply marked all contained files as watched. This option is now missing in Kodi 17. Honestly.. I want that back. It was very useful....

RE: Mark as watched/unwatched on folders - DaVu - 2017-04-17

This is a database thing. I kind of doubt that it was working in Kodi 15 like the way you said.

In general Kodi has to save the watched state somewhere and should be able to import/export this state. This only can be done while using the library mode so it does also make sense if the feature is only available while being at the library.

Everything else wouldn't make sense to me as those states only can be saved in a database where Kodi reads from.

RE: Mark as watched/unwatched on folders - ironic_monkey - 2017-04-18

i can confirm it used to work as claimed. i implemented the functionality. if this is no longer possible, this is a regression.

watch status is attached to *files*, not to *content* such as movies, episodes etc. the file table is populated for all files you play to store settings and what not so this can operate just fine without library mode as such. in fact it was originally attached to content, but we moved it to the files table precisely to enable this functionality. ever noticed watched status working in (properly coded) add-ons for instance? that's why.

RE: Mark as watched/unwatched on folders - Viewer - 2017-04-24

(2017-04-18, 16:44)ironic_monkey Wrote: i can confirm it used to work as claimed. i implemented the functionality. if this is no longer possible, this is a regression.

watch status is attached to *files*, not to *content* such as movies, episodes etc. the file table is populated for all files you play to store settings and what not so this can operate just fine without library mode as such. in fact it was originally attached to content, but we moved it to the files table precisely to enable this functionality. ever noticed watched status working in (properly coded) add-ons for instance? that's why.
I still not get it. Why I can't mark watched/unwatched the whole folder? Do I need create bug in bugtracker?

RE: Mark as watched/unwatched on folders - newkie - 2017-05-04

Not sure what the confusion is above. Adding a source and seeing content adds it to the database. Choosing to view your source from files to keep your folder structure is also how I do it. This feature has been there going back many version until v17.x.

Hack, change content of directory to remove files from db then set content back and rescan.

Sent from my SM-T520

RE: Mark as watched/unwatched on folders - ironic_monkey - 2017-05-05

uhm, i confirmed the bug, that is all i did. opening a bug in the bugtracker doesn't fix anything, you should fix it Wink

RE: Mark as watched/unwatched on folders - 3dfx - 2017-05-05

(2017-04-17, 18:20)DaVu Wrote: In general Kodi has to save the watched state somewhere and should be able to import/export this state. This only can be done while using the library mode so it does also make sense if the feature is only available while being at the library.

It's not correct that it only works in library mode.

Kodi stores the watched-state information in the table "files" (colums: playCount, lastPlayed).
When you watch a video file, Kodi scans it and stores metadata like resolution, audio-codec, subtitles... in the streamdetails table.
It also stores the time where you stoped watching a video file in the table "bookmark".

So the function to mark as watched all videos in any folder is not so idiotic or wrong.

RE: Mark as watched/unwatched on folders - ironic_monkey - 2017-05-05

information i posted just below the post you quoted and went into rage mode upon seeing ;p

RE: Mark as watched/unwatched on folders - 3dfx - 2017-05-05

@ironic_monkey what do you mean?
That I was in rage? :-)
Not really, just stated some facts :-P