Kodi Community Forum
Linux NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Music Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=263)
+--- Thread: Linux NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE (/showthread.php?tid=312552)

NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE - WWORPS - 2017-04-17

JUST INSTALLED KODI 17 ON MY VUPLUS ULTIMO 4K RECEIVER , USING OPEN ATV
VIDEOS PLAY FINE WITH AUDIO BUT MUSIC HAS NO SOUND AND LOOKING AT SYSTEM SETTINGS THE OUTPUT DEVICE IS GREY AND CANNOT BE ACCESSED -- SAYS NO OUTPUT DEVICE.
ANY HELP APPRECIATED . WWORPS [ NICK ]

RE: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE - jjd-uk - 2017-04-17

That doesn't appear to be a device type we support, how did you get Kodi installed?

RE: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE - WWORPS - 2017-04-17

(2017-04-17, 16:19)jjd-uk Wrote: That doesn't appear to be a device type we support, how did you get Kodi installed?

I FOUND THE KODI 17 FOR ENIGMA2 ON LINE AND DOWNLOADED IT TO MY PC.
THEN TOOK THIS IPK FILE TO MY VUPLUS ULTIMO 4K ON A USB STICK ...
I INSTALLED IT USING THE IPK INSTALLER , VERY EASY
THINK YOU CAN HELP ME WITH MY MUSIC AUDIO PROBLEM ?
THANK YOU

RE: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE - DarrenHill - 2017-04-17

Please stop posting in all caps.

It's considered shouting and rude.

RE: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE - WWORPS - 2017-04-17

(2017-04-17, 17:11)DarrenHill Wrote: Please stop posting in all caps.

It's considered shouting and rude.

i am very sorry --- i am disabled and type from my bed with 2 fingers
caps are just easy for me to see and i cannot hold the key to use caps when needed

RE: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE - jjd-uk - 2017-04-17

I don't know what an IPK file is, you're not getting confused with Android APK files are you? if it is indeed an IPK file then it's not an official build of kodi and since will be using a code source of unknown origin that I doubt anyone here can help you.

Where did you get this version of Kodi from? can you not ask for support there as the people who did the build will be best able to support you.

If still wish to attempt to get support here, then please provide a debug log_file (wiki) taken with a video from which you get sound followed by music from which you get no sound.

RE: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE - stefansaraev - 2017-04-17

why would you think that just grabbing kodi ipk file built for *whatever* e2 box, from *whatever* random website would work on yours?

EDIT: my first guess is that you downloaded an ipk file for different e2 box. not for yours. or yours don't have the required alsa stuff in it's linux kernel (that's unlikely but who knows).

having correct asound.conf file may help, but unfortunately this is out of scope of this forum. I dont think anyone here can help without actualy owning the same box. perhaps you should ask the people who make and support the e2 distro for your box.

RE: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE - eboelens - 2018-12-13

WWORPS  do you have a solution allready ?
I installed KODI within the image open BH 4,2  and I also tried that with Openpli but I stuck at the same problem.
I searched several forums but no solution.....

kind regards
erik