Kodi Community Forum
Bell Fibe TV App - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+--- Thread: Bell Fibe TV App (/showthread.php?tid=313108)

Pages: 1 2 3

Bell Fibe TV App - BluntBlaine - 2017-04-24

Hi there I am new to the forum and if this is the wrong place to post this question please direct me or move this thread to the correct spot, thank you in advance.

First off I currently have Bell Fibe at my house.

I have an android box with the newest version of Kodi loaded onto it.

I am not looking for free tv.

I am wondering if someone can help me to load on a bell tv app that will allow me to log into my bell services and watch live tv on my android box.

Please any help is appreciated. Thank you.

RE: Bell Fibe TV App - PatK - 2017-04-25

I love they way they have this laid out... https://kodi.tv/addons

IMPORTANT:

The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

RE: Bell Fibe TV App - shooty - 2017-05-03

With Fibe TV you can login from anywhere and watch services you subscribe to.
There also is the fibeTV App on playstore for android devices.
Note: The Android app lets you connect to your receiver using wifi at home, as well as lets you connect over the internet.
i have found the wifi at home method always fails to run, so I recommend you get a user ID password, and login over the Internet.
As for Kodi, someone should compose a FibeTV Addon. I'm sure there are other providers that use the same protocols as Bell.
/kens

RE: Bell Fibe TV App - daitienshi - 2017-06-21

(2017-05-03, 22:12)shooty Wrote: With Fibe TV you can login from anywhere and watch services you subscribe to.
Note: The Android app lets you connect to your receiver using wifi at home, as well as lets you connect over the internet.
i have found the wifi at home method always fails to run, so I recommend you get a user ID password, and login over the Internet.
As for Kodi, someone should compose a FibeTV Addon. I'm sure there are other providers that use the same protocols as Bell.
/kens

I've tried the FibeTV app on my phone and it's great! But when I try to load it on my Android box, it says that it's not compatible when it starts up. Is there any way to fake it out?

RE: Bell Fibe TV App - marylh - 2017-07-29

I have also loaded the Fibe TV app on my android box but when I try to use it, the message come up, Mirroring not supported

RE: Bell Fibe TV App - daitienshi - 2017-07-30

(2017-06-21, 02:46)daitienshi Wrote:
(2017-05-03, 22:12)shooty Wrote: With Fibe TV you can login from anywhere and watch services you subscribe to.
/kens

I've tried the FibeTV app on my phone and it's great! But when I try to load it on my Android box, it says that it's not compatible when it starts up. Is there any way to fake it out?

I'm getting the same issue. I've tried changing the build.prop to closely match my phone's but still doesn't work. Not sure if it's looking at the screen resolution?

RE: Bell Fibe TV App - Chantz - 2017-10-20

(2017-07-29, 14:39)marylh Wrote: I have also loaded the Fibe TV app on my android box but when I try to use it, the message come up, Mirroring not supported

I have just downloaded Bell Fibe on my android box, and it says Mirroring not supported too. 
Did you find a solution to this problem?

RE: Bell Fibe TV App - salesjo - 2017-11-06

(2017-10-20, 14:46)Chantz Wrote:
(2017-07-29, 14:39)marylh Wrote: I have also loaded the Fibe TV app on my android box but when I try to use it, the message come up, Mirroring not supported

I have just downloaded Bell Fibe on my android box, and it says Mirroring not supported too. 

Same here, I would love to be able to use my Android box with the Fibe app.

RE: Bell Fibe TV App - jerry lewis - 2017-11-07

marylh, does your android box use android tv OS or just a regular android like the one used in cellphones? I was wondering if bell five tv app would work with android box that uses the same OS used on cell... Thanks for answering

RE: Bell Fibe TV App - rulbak - 2017-11-11

(2017-11-07, 19:56)jerry lewis Wrote:

marylh, does your android box use android tv OS or just a regular android like the one used in cellphones? I was wondering if bell five tv app would work with android box that uses the same OS used on cell... Thanks for answering 
Bell is currently working on an app for Fibe tv/alt tv for android boxes. should be out soon as they are really pushing for the ALT tv right now.

RE: Bell Fibe TV App - robmim - 2017-11-19

Can you guys see the blue loading animation when you click on play? Maybe juste a milisecond. 

IF SO : Simply retry and after 3 or 4 times it will work.

IF NOT: You guys have the latest version ( 6.2.0.9311 )  and need to rollback to an older version :

Bell Fibe TV 6.1.9152 for Android 4.2+ APK Download
https://apkpure.com/bell-fibe-tv/com.quickplay.android.bellmediaplayer

RE: Bell Fibe TV App - daitienshi - 2017-11-21

(2017-11-19, 22:40)robmim Wrote:

Can you guys see the blue loading animation when you click on play? Maybe juste a milisecond. 

IF NOT: You guys have the latest version ( 6.2.0.9311 )  and need to rollback to an older version :

I don't see anything besides the not compatible message after the app starts up. Have tried both the latest from the play store and the one posted here

RE: Bell Fibe TV App - Superunknown_88 - 2017-11-21

I can confirm that this method works. I was using this version until shitty Bell released their latest patch to more aggressively block mirroring/casting. With regards to compatibility with Android OS, I assume you may need 4.2 or higher, AND a box with .264 and/or .265 encoding. Just a guess though. The archived APK that was posted may not work on first try when attempting to play a channel, but as mentioned, simply try/click the channel again a few times and it works. Worst case, formally close the app down and re-start it and it'll work. 

I'm in the Toronto area and use the T95z Plus box, 3GB version with the s912 chip and the Mali-820mp3 GPU. I can't seem to find detailed information about the Android compatibility on Bell's site or online. Just says generic info about Android boxes and says it's iOS compatible with the later generations of Apple TV.

RE: Bell Fibe TV App - Superunknown_88 - 2017-11-21

(2017-11-21, 00:32)daitienshi Wrote:
(2017-10-20, 14:46)Chantz Wrote: I have just downloaded Bell Fibe on my android box, and it says Mirroring not supported too. 

I don't see anything besides the not compatible message after the app starts up. Have tried both the latest from the play store and the one posted here 
What device are you using? You made sure you downloaded the second link on the sub-list? The first one on the top of the page in the middle is for the latest one in the Play Store. Was your device ever working with the Bell app?

RE: Bell Fibe TV App - daitienshi - 2017-11-22

(2017-11-21, 05:21)Superunknown_88 Wrote:
(2017-11-21, 00:32)daitienshi Wrote:
(2017-11-19, 22:40)robmim Wrote: Can you guys see the blue loading animation when you click on play? Maybe juste a milisecond. 

What device are you using? You made sure you downloaded the second link on the sub-list? The first one on the top of the page in the middle is for the latest one in the Play Store. Was your device ever working with the Bell app?

I've just got an m8s box and yes I used the older version of the app. My device has never been able to get the app working. I've never gotten past the "not compatible" message on startup.