Kodi Community Forum
Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) (/showthread.php?tid=313197)

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - TeDeV - 2017-07-17

well...... since you are asking.... Big Grin

i was hoping to be able to set the brightness for each bulb separately and not in general, because.....

(my scenario)
1) i have a bulb behind my tv which i want at full brightness because i cannot directly see it and i want to light up the space behind my tv as much as possible. (so... 100% brightness) set as whole screen
2) i have a bulb at the ceiling which i can directly see..... and if it is at 100% it makes it difficult and unpleasant to watch the movie.... sooo i would like that bulb to be at 10% while the one behind the tv to be at 100% set as top for the ambilight
3) same goes for a lightstrip i am planning to install under my tv furniture... i would like that to be at 30% for example and set as bottom in the ambilight.

so... long story short i would like the new brightness options to be able to be set for each bulb. ( do you hate me yet? Big Grin )

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-07-17

Yes, I do Smile Smile This addon is like 50% code and 50% settings... the settings were a real horroshow to setup.... It should be feasible but pretty complex... We'll see...

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - takla - 2017-07-18

Hi,
I tested the 3.1 too. It is great, the reduced brightness in the night is very useful. I second the wish of TeDeV - if you could make this happen? I am willing to be hated, too :-) .
Nevertheless - great job DaLanik! Thank you!

Bye

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-07-18

Thinking of it... the main problem to me now seems the relation of general brightness settings versus per-bulb brightness setting? Which do we use? Use per-bulb setting if present, and if not, use general setting?

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - TeDeV - 2017-07-18

personally i would just keep the per-bulb setting. you don't have to make it so advanced.....

you have 8 bulbs in your configuration..... that's more than enough. if i am lucky i will use 5 TOP at some point.

so.... if i want this brightness thing to work, i am willing to go and configure each bulb on its own. i will actually spend 5 more minutes doing that as a user when you will spend like 2 hours of your free time to do it.

if you give to the user the option to have general AND per-bulb.... then let's say he goes to general set it to 100% then go to a bulb change it to 10% and then go back to general and change it to 90%.... what will happen to the bulb? remain 10% or go 90%?

don't try to make it idiot-proof because as they say.... they keep making better idiots. so.... just do the per-bulb settings and forget the general. anyone who is willing to use this addon will prefer to be able to do more things (hard way) than less things with "easiness" in mind.

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-07-18

Well, yea, exactly... the only solution is to have one take presedence always over another.... in your example, it would always use 1 bulb setting so it doesn't matter what he changes in setting for all bulbs, because it that bulb has individual setting, it will be used. And general setting would be used for remaining bulbs that don't have individual setting....

Huh, never thought it would get so complicated Smile

Nope. It is more complicated than that! Smile The general settings are devided into 4 time frames, the bulb settings are not, or THAT would be a real horror to implement. So I am thinking more along the lines - the general settings apply ALWAYS to ALL bulbs (in their given time-frame). The bulb settings apply only to single bulbs ALL the TIME.

So if you have 100% day and 1 bulb has -30%, you would get max 70% during day on that one bulb.

If you have 60% for night and 1 bulb has -20% you would get 40% during night on that one bulb.

I just have to make it so that the minimum brightness is not lower than 0 Smile Smile or better let's say 10%....

or...

General setting reduces all bulbs (according to time-frame) to let's say 40% and single bulb setting reduces that 40% again from beginning as if that 40% is 100% by another 50%... (so you get 20%)

Hmm, that seems more logical, you couldn't get negative count Smile

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - TeDeV - 2017-07-18

hahaha this is getting so complicated Big Grin

fine, if options are that hard you could do that.

meaning..... set the general settings for the 4 time frames and then set a -% brightness for each bulb according to the % of brightness of the general settings.

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-07-19

v3.2
- Ambi brightness setting updated every 5 minutes

Now let me explain... this means that it is checking for time and sunset/twilight etc and if you start a movie which is like 2 hours long, and it changes to twilight during movie, it will change the settings for brightness automatically.

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - FlashD - 2017-07-19

Can I turn of this?(I hope)

Thanks

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-07-19

Nope.

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - FlashD - 2017-07-19

great Sad Sad Sad

Too many settings already....

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - TeDeV - 2017-07-19

@FlashD, why would you want this man?

if you don't like it, don't set different settings in the time zones.

it is simple logic. if you tell something that at 6 o'clock you want it to be at 10%..... then it has to do it.

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-07-20

After examining the code, I must say that there is no way (or extremely difficult) to implement bulb off on low brightness.... I just can't find easy way to reconnect to the bulb, since the new version of firmware breaks connection in music mode once the bulb has been turned off.

So now that that has been closed, back to setting the brightness bias for each bulb.... at least that seems pretty easy to do Smile