Kodi Community Forum
Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) (/showthread.php?tid=313197)

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - Darknessrc - 2017-07-29

Ok thx for the info.

Then i will do a "quick" fix for me running on OSMC to get the addon working for me, until you will fix/workaround it in your addon:

Temp fix service.py line 1532:

Code:
kodiVer, kodiBuild = xbmc.getInfoLabel('System.BuildVersion').split('.', 1)

And addon is working Wink If you need help or someone testing it on OSMC just let me know.
BTW i am a programmer , too. But i never did something with python. I only know .Net languages...

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-07-29

(2017-07-29, 21:25)Darknessrc Wrote: Ok thx for the info.

Then i will do a "quick" fix for me running on OSMC to get the addon working for me, until you will fix/workaround it in your addon:

Temp fix service.py line 1532:

Code:
kodiVer, kodiBuild = xbmc.getInfoLabel('System.BuildVersion').split('.', 1)

And addon is working Wink If you need help or someone testing it on OSMC just let me know.
BTW i am a programmer , too. But i never did something with python. I only know .Net languages...
I started python because i needed functionality in Kodi for myself Smile also did some programming in. NET VB.but I'm not professional programmer, i do network administration. Did programming for a living back in 1990's in c on Unix.... long long time ago Smile

Sent from my S8+

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-08-02

TEST REPO:

v3.32
- Open URL on play/pause/stop
- Small bug fix for OSMC

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - mavvy - 2017-08-04

Very nice Add-on!

I have a question:

I understand that "On Play / On Pause / On Stop" is only for YeeMee service but not for Ambi Service. This is working fine.
But when I use Ambi Service, the Yeelight goes off when I stop the playback, it does not revert to the last state or something. It goes on again when I start the playback but off again when I stop it.
It is a little hurting for the eyes at night Smile

When I enable YeeMee service, then "pause" acts correctly according to the setting in "On Pause" but the "On Stop" setting also does not have any effect here, instead of going to the color I have set in "On Stop"

Interesting:
When I stopped the playback and the Yeelight is off, after starting playback again, the Yeelight is going to red color for a few milliseconds? And then Ambi service kicks in and changes the color again.
I saw the "Priority on Pause" option, maybe you could add a "Priority on Stop" too not sure if it helps fixing it since "Priority on Stop" seems like an unnecessary setting if it could just revert back to the "On Stop" color.

Is there any setting that could help here that I missed in the options?

Is it working for someone here with the following system:
I am running Generic LibreELEC for Intel CPU v8.0.2 which has Kodi 17.3 at the moment.

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-08-04

Yes, you are right - this is oversight on my end. Will try to fix, but since I will be on holiday I won't have access to my bulbs to test, so just be patient... Smile

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - mavvy - 2017-08-04

Good to know you have it on the list Smile thank you and have a nice holiday!

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - akpla - 2017-08-06

Hello DaLanik, props to you for such an amazing add-on. I've spent five hours breaking my head trying to make yeelight work with hyperion or boblight and after that I found your add-on

There's one big problem I want to talk you about though. I don't know if it's a bug that only happens to me or if it's just how it works, but the transitions are too quick, flickers from color to color, gets annoying and unusable. The fix would be easy: instead of just jumping from color to color, make a smooth transition through the palette from one color to another. I guessed that maybe the "smoothen ambi effect" is just it, but even on max I can't notice a difference. Maybe it's just me being a dumbass and it works like it's supposed to.

Also, what does the brightness bias do?

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-08-06

(2017-08-06, 05:45)akpla Wrote: Hello DaLanik, props to you for such an amazing add-on. I've spent five hours breaking my head trying to make yeelight work with hyperion or boblight and after that I found your add-on

There's one big problem I want to talk you about though. I don't know if it's a bug that only happens to me or if it's just how it works, but the transitions are too quick, flickers from color to color, gets annoying and unusable. The fix would be easy: instead of just jumping from color to color, make a smooth transition through the palette from one color to another. I guessed that maybe the "smoothen ambi effect" is just it, but even on max I can't notice a difference. Maybe it's just me being a dumbass and it works like it's supposed to.

brightness bias sets light brightness to lower value of it's to bright for you.

I have tried to use transition but it just didn't work.

Sent from my S8+

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - akpla - 2017-08-07

(2017-08-06, 20:08)DaLanik Wrote:
(2017-08-06, 05:45)akpla Wrote: Hello DaLanik, props to you for such an amazing add-on. I've spent five hours breaking my head trying to make yeelight work with hyperion or boblight and after that I found your add-on

Sent from my S8+
Oh thanks. So then, what is the smoothen ambi effect slider for?

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-08-07

(2017-08-07, 05:42)akpla Wrote:
(2017-08-06, 20:08)DaLanik Wrote:

Sent from my S8+
Oh thanks. So then, what is the smoothen ambi effect slider for?
It makes transition smoother by setting transition time to some value but in order to make it really smother i'd need to use set scene command of the bulb and that just didn't work.

Sent from my S8+

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - Sebbo85 - 2017-08-11

First of all sorry for my bad englisch.

I have installed the addon und try to configure it.

My 2 Bulbs are correctly configured and the blub test works.

When i started a video the bulbs startet, but they dont change the colours. They only turn on with the last colour they had (so no Ambilight works)

I activate YeeMee ambi service and Action on whole video play with level 100 and standard hex code (#BA2B2B).

What could be the problem?

When you need more informations, let me know it.

Thank you.

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-08-12

(2017-08-11, 13:56)Sebbo85 Wrote: First of all sorry for my bad englisch.

I have installed the addon und try to configure it.

My 2 Bulbs are correctly configured and the blub test works.

When i started a video the bulbs startet, but they dont change the colours. They only turn on with the last colour they had (so no Ambilight works)

I activate YeeMee ambi service and Action on whole video play with level 100 and standard hex code (#BA2B2B).

What could be the problem?

When you need more informations, let me know it.

Thank you.
Please post more info i.e. Kodi version, platform and possibly log.

Sent from my S8+

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - l3g1oN - 2017-08-12

I get very mixed results ...
Yesterday I had real troubles getting it to work, tried re-installing and after some switching on-off it worked like at first try. Today (changed nothing!): Light goes on but not as ambilight, only white. Disabling add-on lead to a crash and I had to reboot. I use libreelec 8.0.2 on a small pc (amd e-350d) and yeelight light strip
How do I get a log?

PS: the times it worked it's quite nice! The small lag is no problem for me. Hope I can use it more often ;-)

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-08-13

(2017-08-12, 21:49)l3g1oN Wrote: I get very mixed results ...
Yesterday I had real troubles getting it to work, tried re-installing and after some switching on-off it worked like at first try. Today (changed nothing!): Light goes on but not as ambilight, only white. Disabling add-on lead to a crash and I had to reboot. I use libreelec 8.0.2 on a small pc (amd e-350d) and yeelight light strip
How do I get a log?

PS: the times it worked it's quite nice! The small lag is no problem for me. Hope I can use it more often ;-)

Did you install the test version from the test repo? I'd need a log to tell what is happening.

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - Purge - 2017-08-14

Is it possible to run Hyperion and Yeemee at the same time ?

I already have an ambilight controlled with Hyperion .

I want to use yeelight for lighting my room when the Movie is paused or stoped.

And it only works with the bulb or can i use tbe yeelight Strip ?