Kodi Community Forum
Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) (/showthread.php?tid=313197)

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-07-14

The option is to set level of Ambi brightness ON PAUSE (i.e. when video is paused)....

I'll make an option to select max. brightness according to daytime/civil dusk/nautical dusk/night...

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - TeDeV - 2017-07-14

haha @takla +1 this is what i was talking about in my previous post.

this addon is really great DaLanik has made a great job and i am sure that future improvements will make it even better but the brightness is really an issue.
as you can see i have already discussed it above and hopefully we will have a solution soon Smile

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - FlashD - 2017-07-14

Hey, Dalibor

Now, the flickering at semidarkness scenes is gone, it's buttery smooth Smile

Do You think it's possible to implement the turning off effect but without that annoying flickering at semidarkness scenes?

It has a great impact on the whole experience, but that flickering is ruin the experience...

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-07-14

I don't know, there has to be a limit when to turn it off and back on.... while off worked, I had it set to 5%. But bulb OFF and bulb set to 1% is a huge difference Smile

I have to figure out how to make it work with off again, and then I can play with "flickering".

Right now I'm busy making the maximum brightness for Ambi according to time (auto calculate daytime, civil twilight, nautical twilight and night for 4 different settings)

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - FlashD - 2017-07-14

I hope, that it will be an option not a built in effect (I mean the brightness) because I like it in this way. If a movie scene is a bright sunny one, then the LEDs should be on max brightness to simulate in the right way the scene, no matter when I watch that movie.

Thanks and have a nice day

Yes, you will be able to set 4 maximum brightness from 100% (normal full brightness) to let's say 40% (don't think there's much sense in going lower) for each time of the day.

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - TeDeV - 2017-07-15

as promised.....

https://youtu.be/7wrHmuqBXRk

Big Grin

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-07-15

Nice, is there only 1 bulb in there or more?

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - TeDeV - 2017-07-15

that's with only one.

i have two bulbs on my ceiling but the 2nd one (behind me) was turned off.

the 3rd bulb (which i will be using mostly for ambilight) is going to be behind my tv but i just have to find a way of mounting it.

yesterday i made it to slowly turn the ceiling lights on when i pause the movie and then slowly turn the ceiling lights off when i start the movie.

for now....i have set the bulb behind my tv to whole screen and the bulb at the ceiling in front of the tv at TOP. (this is why i asked for a top ambilight option Smile )

by the way can you include an option .... when kodi starts to do NOTHING at the bulbs? i don't want to close the service.

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-07-15

Nice. I was thinking of putting 2 bulbs "behind" the tv left-right... Top is also interesting Smile

What do you mean nothing? It doesn't do anything? There is option to turn them ON, blink or do nothing as far as I remember?

in the options at turn on at kodi start.....
you have off (which turns the bulbs off)
you have blink and on
blink
and on....

i want an option which does nothing (meaning doesn't turn off or on the bulbs), just leave them as they are.

There is ON, blink, Blink and ON, off. Off does nothing (I think?)

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-07-16

v3.1
- 4 max brightness settings for Ambi according to daytime (day, civil twilight, nautical twilight, night)

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - TeDeV - 2017-07-16

i downloaded it..... couldn't really test it much since this is not what i was hoping for but Big Grin .... good job

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-07-17

What exactly are you hoping for? Smile