Kodi Community Forum
Release Mimic 6.x for Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Mimic-LR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+---- Thread: Release Mimic 6.x for Leia (/showthread.php?tid=314589)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Mimic 6.x for Leia - siliconhippy - 2019-02-09

@Rufoo

Thanks much for your Lyrebird mod !

When I upgraded from CoreElec 8.97.x ( RC4?) to the latest 8.99.2 ( Leia) it said the Mimic 6.0.0 was incompatible and deleted it to bring back the default Estuary.

So I installed your mod and got back all the settings. Had to fix some widgets but that was painless 😎

Questions (all of 'em !)

1. Estuary has a bottom slider with movies/videos where you can fast forward) rewind- really convenient.

Can Lyrebird do it too?

2. I want a custom setting on my Lyrebird home screen whereby if I press the menu ( say USB Play) it should take me directly to the USB stick attached on my Amlogic TV box for playing back files.
I don't know how to set up the custom line... source://video/Huh

How about I am also able to download directly to the USB stick?

I just want to avoid having to go through /storage Video/Music Library etc. every time.

3. Unluckily I keep getting (seemingly at random) the PIN/password prompt on the home screen where it isn't necessary. There is always a PIN prompt after reboot, and when I change between menus. Both on Mimic and Lyrebird, but do not have this problem on Estuary.

I have just locked my Settings so they don't get changed accidentally.

4. I was wondering if there is a way to bring up, from LibreElec/ CoreElec Settings, the WiFi/ Network settings only on the home screen, as opposed to opening up the entire Kodi Settings menu first.

Cheers mate 😁

RE: Mimic 6.x for Leia - Rufoo - 2019-02-09

(2019-02-08, 10:19)JulianFP Wrote: I was thinking the same thing myself. I see that Eminence just got its 18-compatible version added to the official Kodi repo in the last couple of days. Are either Mimic or Lyrebird likely to get added to the official Kodi repo? I know it’s not rocket science to download the zip from github but on a device with only a remote control and no keyboard it’s very different to the simplicity of doing a “Get more...” to install it from the official Kodi repo.

When it comes to Mimic, I have no idea if Braz intends to further update Mimic. Not sure if he intends to keep it going until the Kodi 18 lifecycle is done or if he is done with it on the release of Kodi 18. Either way, based upon what he has said (on the forums, that is. We have only talked once and to sum it up as concisely as possible the convo was "Hey, cool if I mod your skin into Lyrebird?" replied with "Go for it and good luck") it sounds like he has the pressing realities of being a family man to attend to and when he has time to dedicate to Kodi projects his focus will be on Omni. Lyrebird will hopefully one day end up on the repo, admittedly, it is early days but it won't go up there until additions and changes have been made so that it is distinct enough from "vanilla" Mimic.

This is also why some of the changes within Lyrebird haven't spread to other areas of the skin yet. I'm keeping the base code as inline with Braz's source in case he ups any changes and I can pull those changes in and so on.

(2019-02-09, 00:48)Axxel6307 Wrote: Thank you. I love Mimic! I've been wondering if on TV show widgets, if there's a way to display the show name on it the widget thumbnail/poster rather than the episode name?

I'm sure there is. I'll compile a small list of user reported issues eventually and correct them (someone else mentioned something about thumbnails not displaying correctly) if they don't get corrected in the meantime. It isn't high up the list of priorities for now but it will eventually get attended to I guess.

(2019-02-09, 01:47)siliconhippy Wrote: @Rufoo

When I upgraded from CoreElec 8.97.x ( RC4?) to the latest 8.99.2 ( Leia) it said the Mimic 6.0.0 was incompatible and deleted it to bring back the default Estuary.

So I installed your mod and got back all the settings. Had to fix some widgets but that was painless 😎

Questions (all of 'em !)

1. Estuary has a bottom slider with movies/videos where you can fast forward) rewind- really convenient.

Can Lyrebird do it too?

2. I want a custom setting on my Lyrebird home screen whereby if I press the menu ( say USB Play) it should take me directly to the USB stick attached on my Amlogic TV box for playing back files.

I just want to avoid having to go through /storage Video/Music Library etc. every time.

3. Unluckily I keep getting (seemingly at random) the PIN/password prompt on the home screen where it isn't necessary. There is always a PIN prompt after reboot, and when I change between menus. Both on Mimic and Lyrebird, but do not have this problem on Estuary.

4. I was wondering if there is a way to bring up, from LibreElec/ CoreElec Settings, the WiFi/ Network settings only on the home screen, as opposed to opening up the entire Kodi Settings menu first.

Cheers mate 😁

You're welcome.

1. I haven't played with Estuary and always have ignored it. So I'm not familiar. As much as I'd like to say I'd help out, I only have so much free time for Kodi and admittedly, would never get around to it. No disrespect. However, if you wanted to try your hand at it yourself and get stuck I'll lend a hand if I can.

2. For some good old fashioned fun, I decided to take a look at this one when I had a few minutes to kill to see if I could do it. Here's the recipe so you can follow along at home. Smile I've gone into some detail, none of it is meant as patronizing if you are proficient, just wanted to ensure that if you weren't, it'd be easy to follow along.
  1. Edit the Home.xml of your Mimic / Lyrebird skin.
  2. Here is the opening lines of the code with line 5 being our new addition. Menucontrol does not allow launching of functions directly, it seems, so we're going to point it to control 25000 (that's just a number I chose for this example).
    xml:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <window>
        <defaultcontrol always="true">9000</defaultcontrol>
        <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
        <menucontrol>25000</menucontrol>
  3. Next, scroll down to line 42. Move the image control that's there down three lines and insert this button control in the blank space.
    xml:
    <control type="button" id="25000">
        <onfocus>ActivateWindow(10025,X:\\,return)</onfocus>
    </control>
    Adjust the path component of the ActivateWindow argument X:\\ to the path applicable for your device / system syntax. Forward slashes in this example as it was done on a Windows machine.
  4. Reload skin & PROFIT! Big Grin
3. You'd need to tell me how to replicate this error. I don't encounter such things but my current Kodi setup is sterile. I don't have any kind of user accounts or PINs assigned, nothing networked and I'm based on Windows. I literally just develop on it and only add content as I'm building views. So you'll need to tell me what things I need to do to make it happen.

4. Pretend I'm a complete idiot who has no idea what you're talking about for this one. 'Cause admittedly I don't. I don't know this CoreElec / LibreElec stuff Wink I'm taking it you want to be able to jump straight to the Kodi Wi-Fi / Network settings from the Home Screen?

RE: Mimic 6.x for Leia - siliconhippy - 2019-02-09

(2019-02-09, 06:04)Rufoo Wrote:  
(2019-02-09, 01:47)siliconhippy Wrote: @Rufoo

Questions (all of 'em !)

Can Lyrebird do it too?

Cheers mate 😁

You're welcome.

1. I haven't played with Estuary and always have ignored it. So I'm not familiar. As much as I'd like to say I'd help out, I only have so much free time for Kodi and admittedly, would never get around to it. No disrespect. However, if you wanted to try your hand at it yourself and get stuck I'll lend a hand if I can.

2. For some good old fashioned fun, I decided to take a look at this one when I had a few minutes to kill to see if I could do it. Here's the recipe so you can follow along at home. Smile I've gone into some detail, none of it is meant as patronizing if you are proficient, just wanted to ensure that if you weren't, it'd be easy to follow along.
  1. Edit the Home.xml of your Mimic / Lyrebird skin.
  2. Here is the opening lines of the code with line 5 being our new addition. Menucontrol does not allow launching of functions directly, it seems, so we're going to point it to control 25000 (that's just a number I chose for this example).
    xml:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <window>
        <defaultcontrol always="true">9000</defaultcontrol>
        <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
        <menucontrol>25000</menucontrol>
  3. Next, scroll down to line 42. Move the image control that's there down three lines and insert this button control in the blank space.
    xml:
    <control type="button" id="25000">
        <onfocus>ActivateWindow(10025,X:\\,return)</onfocus>
    </control>
    Adjust the path component of the ActivateWindow argument X:\\ to the path applicable for your device / system syntax. Forward slashes in this example as it was done on a Windows machine.
  4. Reload skin & PROFIT! Big Grin
3. You'd need to tell me how to replicate this error. I don't encounter such things but my current Kodi setup is sterile. I don't have any kind of user accounts or PINs assigned, nothing networked and I'm based on Windows. I literally just develop on it and only add content as I'm building views. So you'll need to tell me what things I need to do to make it happen.

4. Pretend I'm a complete idiot who has no idea what you're talking about for this one. 'Cause admittedly I don't. I don't know this CoreElec / LibreElec stuff Wink I'm taking it you want to be able to jump straight to the Kodi Wi-Fi / Network settings from the Home Screen?

@Rufoo
Appreciate your detailed answer quickly! First, I am the product manager type who doesn't know coding except follow general directions and monkey type 👺. So any instructions are welcome.

1. OK so I will just look around and wait. Mimic/Lyrebird is just a great idea that is hard to abandon.

2. I see what you are saying...

A. How would I specify what button to activate? My plan is to have a USB Play menu on the vertical home screen menu list- think I should just be able to click on it and invoke Kodi to go to the USB ports on my TV box.

B. Re: X:// .... how do I specify the pathfile generically to external USB ports. Usually these TV boxes ( as in #4 below) come with 2 usb2.0 ports, sometimes 4 ports.

Think I need something like:
X:// ... refer to /dev/sdb || /dev/sdc
( meaning go to either external drive b or c. /dev/sda is usually reserved for internal drives in Linux, as you know.)

3. "Luckily" I have the same PIN/password prompt problem under Windows as well with Mimic.

You can replicate my error by going to Kodi Settings> Interface> Master Lock Code> Lock File Manager ON & Lock Settings ALL. Other settings OFF.
Here Ask for Master Lock Code at Startup is OFF.

4. If you still have time...yes I want to jump straight to the WiFi/ Network menu from Lyrebird home screen:
https://discourse.coreelec.org/c/general/guides

The 8.99.2 link is at top, install guides #3,4 & 5.
I recommend the X96mini 1/8 GB model from Vontar at AliExpress.com.

Others might have issues with broken reset button or wrong (too cheap) board like p282 (need p281 with available device tree for the Amlogic S905W chipset.)

😏☺

RE: Mimic 6.x for Leia - siliconhippy - 2019-02-10

A minor thing I noted on Lyrebird. Didn't try this on Mimic 6.0.0 earlier.

When I put Favorites menu on the home screen, I can click on it and the thumbnails appearing on the home screen thus are clickable. However the Favorite widget displays the same thumbnails on the home screen, but they are *not* clickable.

Btw, all the Live TV channels, Youtube and Twitch thumbnails on the home screen are clickable as well.

RE: Mimic 6.x for Leia - Rufoo - 2019-02-15

(2019-02-09, 21:50)siliconhippy Wrote: ...

I think I may have misunderstood your intent. I thought you wanted to be able to press the menu button (normally assigned to M on your keyboard) on the home screen and you jump straight to your removable storage. But am I to understand it that you'd actually like a button to appear on the home screen (like Movies, Games, Music, etc...) called USB Play that when pressed jumps straight to your removable storage?

You mentioned your not entirely sure of how to specify the path info to your removable storage. As I don't use Linux based systems and the like, I don't know what it'd be. But you can sort of "cheat". Go to your removable storage and save it as a favourite in Kodi. Then using your file system, navigate to your kodi/userdata directory and open the favourites.xml in there. The appropriate ActivateWindow command with the path info will be stored there.

I'll look at the PIN issue you mention shortly.

I'll also look at fixing all the niggling issues reported by people that affects Mimic on Kodi Leia in the release after next for Lyrebird.

RE: Mimic 6.x for Leia - siliconhippy - 2019-02-15

@Rufoo

Yes I want a custom USB Play button on my Lyrebird home screen !

Will try out your cheat method ...and thanks again for looking at the nagging PIN issue.

Hopefully we will also get a custom home screen button for WiFi-BT as well, without having to expose all Settings first.

Cheers from not so freezing now Toronto 😎

RE: Mimic 6.x for Leia - jadel - 2019-02-16

(2019-02-10, 06:42)siliconhippy Wrote: A minor thing I noted on Lyrebird. Didn't try this on Mimic 6.0.0 earlier.

When I put Favorites menu on the home screen, I can click on it and the thumbnails appearing on the home screen thus are clickable. However the Favorite widget displays the same thumbnails on the home screen, but they are *not* clickable.

Btw, all the Live TV channels, Youtube and Twitch thumbnails on the home screen are clickable as well.

It's the same on mimic. I just came here to see if there was a solution. Was going to try lyrebird but I guess there's no point.

RE: Mimic 6.x for Leia - Rufoo - 2019-02-16

(2019-02-16, 05:24)jadel Wrote: It's the same on mimic. I just came here to see if there was a solution. Was going to try lyrebird but I guess there's no point.
You're gonna need to specify what issue you're referring to otherwise I can't really help with a solution. Wink

RE: Mimic 6.x for Leia - jadel - 2019-02-16

(2019-02-16, 05:40)Rufoo Wrote:
(2019-02-16, 05:24)jadel Wrote: It's the same on mimic. I just came here to see if there was a solution. Was going to try lyrebird but I guess there's no point.
You're gonna need to specify what issue you're referring to otherwise I can't really help with a solution. Wink 
 Sorry , I forgot to quote. Fixed it now.

RE: Mimic 6.x for Leia - Rufoo - 2019-02-16

@jadel & @siliconhippy

I have seemingly fixed your issue with the favourites widget and uploaded the changes to the Lyrebird git. Please play test and report back if there are any adverse behaviors or effects.

RE: Mimic 6.x for Leia - siliconhippy - 2019-02-16

(2019-02-16, 14:48)Rufoo Wrote: @jadel & @siliconhippy

I have seemingly fixed your issue with the favourites widget and uploaded the changes to the Lyrebird git. Please play test and report back if there are any adverse behaviors or effects.

@Rufoo

1. Yes the Favorites widget problem is fixed- is clickable now !

2. Your cheat method works too. I simply put the USB drive shortcut into the same Favorites folder saving myself an extra home screen item, naming the shortcut USB Play.

However I can't see any pictures, and the music folder only shows a non clickable thumbnail (first mp3 file?.) This must be related to the thread here with a similar problem, supposedly fixed in a Feb12 Kodi 18 nightly ( post #24):

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325083&page=2

RE: Mimic 6.x for Leia - Ares1965 - 2019-02-19

how did you solve the problem of clicking on favorites?

RE: Mimic 6.x for Leia - Funnyfish - 2019-02-19

Using the source link you provided, how can I get mimic before it's on the Kodi repo? Sorry I'm still new at some of this...

RE: Mimic 6.x for Leia - siliconhippy - 2019-02-19

(2019-02-19, 16:11)Ares1965 Wrote: how did you solve the problem of clicking on favorites?

Well I just installed the latest Lyrebird version from GitHub. Then I proceeded to Kodi Settings> Interface>Lyrebird> Skin Settings> Home Screen>under here I added Favorites to the left menus (if not there already), clicked on Widgets in the right screen menu and added Favorites widget.

Then checked widgets by going back to Home Screen display in Lyrebird. The short cuts clicked ok !

RE: Mimic 6.x for Leia - pitthappens - 2019-02-19

Hey Rufoo!

Excellent work on Lyrebird so far... I've seen a couple of people asking about the homescreen widget TV Show covers... I'm trying to get down to the bottom of it. Some show the "poster" and some show fanart... can you at least provide some direction so I can make some changes and submit a PR to the repo?