Kodi Community Forum
Recorded TV folder not found - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Windows Media Center (WMC) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=205)
+---- Thread: Recorded TV folder not found (/showthread.php?tid=315817)

Pages: 1 2

Recorded TV folder not found - NTass02 - 2017-06-05

I know there are other posts about this, but none of them seem to resolve my issue. I am using ServerWMC on a Windows 7 laptop. For a client I am using Kodi on a Fire TV. Whenever I start Kodi it says the recorded tv folder can't be found. I have the username and password entered correctly in ServerWMC (on my laptop), and the path to the folder is right, so I can't figure out why it's not working. I am not sure what details are needed, so as soon as I hear back from someone, I'll get more detailed. Thanks in advance for the help!

RE: Recorded TV folder not found - krustyreturns - 2017-06-05

If you are using the laptop's name in the recorded tv path, try using its IP address instead.

RE: Recorded TV folder not found - ileenback - 2017-06-06

Krusty,

Should they be using, LOCAL "C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV"

Network Path, "\\Computer Name, or IP\Users\Public\Recorded TV"

Are there prefered paths/methods in your view?

thx

RE: Recorded TV folder not found - krustyreturns - 2017-06-06

The network path and the local path have to point to the same folder (the one wmc uses to store recordings). Your remote clients will only use the network path, but serverwmc makes sure that happens. Other then that, there are no preferred paths, although in general its a good idea to locate the rec tv folder in a decent drive and some feel it helps if it's on a different drive then windows. Moving the rec tv folder has to be done in wmc, then restart serverwmc so it sees the changes.

Per the OP's problem, using your example, the path would be: \\IP_address\Users\Public\Recorded TV

RE: Recorded TV folder not found - NTass02 - 2017-06-11

Thanks for the help all. I had it setup correctly, but the username and password weren't working. I ended up adding a new user to the laptop with the same password, then it connected. Not sure why it didn't connect with the first user. Also, changing settings from the WMC server program doesn't work. It doesn't save the New settings. I had to go directly into the settings file and change text there to make it show up correctly in the WMC Server UI. What a pain! I actually had it working for days, now today Kodi can't load the PVR WMC Client add-on. At least I was happy for a little while!

RE: Recorded TV folder not found - krustyreturns - 2017-06-12

Try resetting the tv database in kodi if you still can't get pvr.wmc to load.

RE: Recorded TV folder not found - NTass02 - 2017-06-13

krusty, I got it to work. Thanks! Now one last question (actually, I can work around this, but it's annoying and shouldn't be functioning this way)... When I pull up the guide while live tv is playing, the guide won't show. The live tv stream shows in a little box in the upper left hand corner (as it should), and I can arrow up and down and see the description for whatever channel I move to, but the guide itself isn't visible. It's there (since when I move my arrow up and down the description changes), but it's not visible. Any ideas?

RE: Recorded TV folder not found - Dilligaf - 2017-06-13

(2017-06-13, 21:40)NTass02 Wrote: krusty, I got it to work. Thanks! Now one last question (actually, I can work around this, but it's annoying and shouldn't be functioning this way)... When I pull up the guide while live tv is playing, the guide won't show. The live tv stream shows in a little box in the upper left hand corner (as it should), and I can arrow up and down and see the description for whatever channel I move to, but the guide itself isn't visible. It's there (since when I move my arrow up and down the description changes), but it's not visible. Any ideas?

Just tried it with Estuary skin and it's working. Try switching skins to tell if it's a skin problem or pvrwmc problem.

RE: Recorded TV folder not found - krustyreturns - 2017-06-14

Right, the problem you are reporting is not something pvr.wmc or serverwmc can cause, since all they do is send data to kodi - they don't control the UI.

RE: Recorded TV folder not found - NTass02 - 2017-06-14

(2017-06-13, 22:31)Dilligaf Wrote:
(2017-06-13, 21:40)NTass02 Wrote: krusty, I got it to work. Thanks! Now one last question (actually, I can work around this, but it's annoying and shouldn't be functioning this way)... When I pull up the guide while live tv is playing, the guide won't show. The live tv stream shows in a little box in the upper left hand corner (as it should), and I can arrow up and down and see the description for whatever channel I move to, but the guide itself isn't visible. It's there (since when I move my arrow up and down the description changes), but it's not visible. Any ideas?

Just tried it with Estuary skin and it's working. Try switching skins to tell if it's a skin problem or pvrwmc problem.

It is a skin issue. Damn. I was loving the skin I was using! Thanks for finding the issue!

RE: Recorded TV folder not found - Windrider2019 - 2020-02-12

Has anyone been able to get the PVR WMC Client going in Kodi over tunneled SMB. I've been able to establish a working tunnel to the Recorded TV folder, and can access the files inside of it using KODI's Video category. I simply add it as a source via, "SMB://serverWMC/Recorded TV", and I'm able to see the folder and play files within it.

However I've yet to be able to get KODI to play the same files through the TV category using the PVR WMC Client. I've got it tunneled as well and it will populate the channel lineup and recorded shows complete with all of the descriptive data, but will not actually play any of the files.

I've yet to figure out what it is about the plugin that would enable it to see the, "Recorded TV" folder using the SMB tunnel.

Maybe there are some client side settings which might help with this?

RE: Recorded TV folder not found - krustyreturns - 2020-02-12

Did you set the path in serverwmc in the folders tab?

RE: Recorded TV folder not found - Windrider2019 - 2020-02-12

(2020-02-12, 21:54)krustyreturns Wrote: Did you set the path in serverwmc in the folders tab?

Yes, the path is set there, and to a known account with password. In addition I've got the, "Everyone Group" also set with read rights on that same folder.

I've been using Kodi in the house for quite some time on Droid, and Windows 10 (both using the PVR WMC Client).  The ServerWMC service is running on Windows 7.

I'm able to watch shows remotely, but only from Kodi's Video category, with the path setup in the video area using, "SMB://serverWMC/Recorded TV". It would be nice to be able to do so from the TV category using the PVR WMC Client, and full functionality.

On the remote PC I'm using Putty, and logging into a linux host on my network via SSH to tunnel my connection through to the SMB share. There is some special configuration on Windows and in Putty to make this possible. It's a bit convoluted to explain, but I have links on this if your interested.

So far so good, with exception the PVR WMC Client not being able to see the, "Recorded TV" folder. There may be some hidden configuration to enable this. Perhaps it might be modifying one of the xml files and putting in some special parameters.

RE: Recorded TV folder not found - krustyreturns - 2020-02-12

If kodi can play the files via that smb path pvr.wmc should be able to too afaik, that's assuming serverwmc is forming the same path.  Have you looked at the error messages in the serverwmc log to see if the path it is trying to use is the same is ''SMB://serverWMC/Recorded TV'?

RE: Recorded TV folder not found - Windrider2019 - 2020-02-13

(2020-02-12, 23:37)krustyreturns Wrote: If kodi can play the files via that smb path pvr.wmc should be able to too afaik, that's assuming serverwmc is forming the same path.  Have you looked at the error messages in the serverwmc log to see if the path it is trying to use is the same is ''SMB://serverWMC/Recorded TV'?

Nope it's not. :O)

In the log It shows smb://user:****@machineName/Recorded TV/ShowsFileName.wtv.

Do you think on the remote side I simply need to change the name serverWMC (this is in the windows host file) and make it mimic the exact spelling of the machineName, exactly as it is in the log?

From file explorer I can simply use \\ServerName\Sharename, and in the Video section of Kodi, I can use it there as well except with the smb:// distinction.

Thank you for looking at this with me, and most of all thanks for giving us a way to keep WMC alive on into the future.

Your serverWMC services really works great, and its appreciated too. This is definitely a fringe case. There may be some others that want to do this too. Thanks for sharing your time with me on it.