Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Blu-ray Disc support in XBMC? With menus and AACS/BD+ decryption? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: [LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Blu-ray Disc support in XBMC? With menus and AACS/BD+ decryption? (/showthread.php?tid=31630)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- cortez44 - 2010-11-19

SpectreX Wrote:Total Media Theater 5 or Power DVD 10 and previous versions, both of them have full BD support and can be used/launched from XBMC. They also have 7MC interfaces and integration.

I have this thought that the media library and listed in the BD movies, so as always to mkv, avi etc..
Movie information, cover, fanart.
So look out for Blu-Ray movies in the media as if the entire library collection is mkv would consist of, and work during the menu of the BD movies.

I do not want to start a special player because of this, but the fund could be integrated into XBMC.

Because you are not sure of the translation that is understandable, but unfortunately I do not speak English, just a little bit.

- spiff - 2010-11-19

bd's are drm'd to hell. no free players can currently play them.

- cortez44 - 2010-11-19

spiff Wrote:bd's are drm'd to hell. no free players can currently play them.

And Total Media Theater 5 How can do this?

A similar solution could come not possibly be considered?

I do not understand the topic enough to be aware of various security procedures, about the inquirer.

Hungary detected in many professional forums and this thread is always the end that the TMT is offered as a possible alternative for this purpose and, therefore, asked whether it is possible to solve this. I hope if this is possible also is included in the XBMC.

- SpectreX - 2010-11-19

TMT 3/5 can do this because they pay license fees to the Blu Ray Consortium to get BD menu support and other stuff. Hence the fact that TMT3/5 and PDVD 9/10 are not free. It would be possible if the XBMC devs would make a deal with the BD Consortium and pay license fees, but that would mean XBMC would become payware. From my point of view that would be okay, since the devs deserve money for such a great product anyway.

- waldo22 - 2010-11-19

SpectreX Wrote:TMT 3/5 can do this because they pay license fees to the Blu Ray Consortium to get BD menu support and other stuff. Hence the fact that TMT3/5 and PDVD 9/10 are not free. It would be possible if the XBMC devs would make a deal with the BD Consortium and pay license fees, but that would mean XBMC would become payware. From my point of view that would be okay, since the devs deserve money for such a great product anyway.

The Blu Ray support could be installed as some sort of paid add-on.

I don't think the devs really want to do something that supports DRM, though, and I don't blame them.

-Wes

- tobi11 - 2010-11-19

XBMC already uses libbluray which is the equivalent to libdvdnav (for playing DVDs with menus etc). The problem is libbluray just hasn't all the functionality implemented right now. The whole menu thing is far more complicated on Blu-rays.

- cortez44 - 2010-11-19

Thank you for your answers, maybe someday this will be.
Good luck in the future.

- james971 - 2010-11-19

I'm happy with launching an external player, I'd just like BR's to scrape properly in full BDMV folder structure so I don't have to add them manually.

- JustinAiken - 2010-11-20

I use Linux so there's no external player option for me... I have 6 of my blurays stripped of DRM and ripped onto my HD just waiting for the day libbluray offers full support... I can be patient Smile

- htpc guy - 2010-11-20

clock2113 Wrote:I use Linux so there's no external player option for me... I have 6 of my blurays stripped of DRM and ripped onto my HD just waiting for the day libbluray offers full support... I can be patient Smile

Why can't you play them in xbmc now?

I run Ubuntu 10.4. For my bluray movies I use dvdfab to strip off the DRM. Then I copy the AVCHD Video file into my movies directory on my hard drive. I scrape it with Ember MM and xbmc plays it beautifully. I don't get the disc menus and stuff but that's fine. I prefer to have just the movie anyway.

- JustinAiken - 2010-11-20

All of my bluray rips are Criterion, full of nice special features and such... for now I just watch the biggest mt2s, but I'll be happy when I can see the menus and stuff too.

- pilluli - 2010-11-21

waldo22 Wrote:I don't think the devs really want to do something that supports DRM, though, and I don't blame them.

I thought bluray menus were not DRM per se. The entire bluray disc is DRM'd but you can "skip" that and rip your copy of a bluray into an iso in your hdd DRM free. I think the original post author was refering to that, play bluray menus that have already been freed of DRM. :-?

I went to what seems the "libbluray" webpage (see link below) and it seems they support menus and navigation? Huh (under features)

http://www.videolan.org/developers/libbluray.html

Does anybody know the real status of menu and BD-J support in that library?

Regards,

- cortez44 - 2010-11-21

Does anybody know the real status of menu and BD-J support in that library?

I'd be curious to do so.

Yes, the DRM-free Blu-Ray discs I was curious. Stored in the HDD Blu-Ray discs I think most of the DRM-free.

I do not trust the optical discs, a lot of ruined the original DVD. The disk I just backed up, in case if the HDD is destroyed.

- hotlobster - 2010-11-21

For the moment only HDMV menu are supported by libbluray.
But it's already a good start.
Couldn't test yet on vlc.

BD-J is not currently implemented, and not reverse enginered yet.

- waldo22 - 2010-11-21

hotlobster Wrote:For the moment only HDMV menu are supported by libbluray.
But it's already a good start.
Couldn't test yet on vlc.

BD-J is not currently implemented, and not reverse enginered yet.

@hotlobster,

If HDMV/BDMV is supported, do you know anything about support of "standard content" (the basic menu) for HDDVD menus in libbdnav/libbluray/elsewhere?

I realized that HDDVD is dead, and not worth much effort at this point, but according to wikipedia -

Wikipedia Wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_high_definition_optical_disc_formats#Interactivity
HD DVD's Standard Content is a minor change from standard DVD's subpicture technology, while Blu-ray's BDMV is completely new. This makes transitioning from standard DVD to Standard Content HD DVD relatively simple

Just curious.

-Wes