Kodi Community Forum
v17 Horizon - Krypton - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=277)
+----- Thread: v17 Horizon - Krypton (/showthread.php?tid=317395)

RE: Horizon - sciascia88 - 2017-08-29

(2017-08-28, 06:46)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-08-28, 05:15)foghat Wrote: This works great! Thanks for doing this so quickly.

Perhaps this should be dynamic based on whether or not 'prefer scroll bars' is turned on. Right now, if scroll bars is turned on, you do not see the letters at all - which made sense (obviously) before this update. But now, maybe something like this could work:

1. Prefer scroll bars enabled, then: individual item --> scroll bar --> letters (this way you are still preferring scroll bar)
2. Prefer scroll bars not enabled, then: individual item --> letters --> scroll bar (as per current state)

This way, user can fine tune it to the way the prefer. And you stay consistent in always having the same number of levels of fineness/coarseness

Haha, I had this exact idea. My main concern is that currently that option is used to disable the alphabet strip - on some systems apparently the alphabet strip can cause performance issues so there needs to be a way to disable it. I'm wary of introducing an additional setting. However, thinking about this just now, maybe I can use a three way toggle type of thing where you click on it an it cycles through options (prefer alphabet; prefer scrollbar; scrollbar only).

I really like how this works now. One thing that I think needs tweaked, though, is that once the scroll bar is used, the left press (as in list view) should jump back over the alphabet strip and into the media list. Once you use the scroll bar you have no reason to switch back to the alphabet strip because you've already narrowed down your search and whatever you are looking for is already on the screen, it creates an unnecessary button press IMO. Just a small observation.

RE: Horizon - foghat - 2017-08-29

(2017-08-29, 18:41)sciascia88 Wrote: I really like how this works now. One thing that I think needs tweaked, though, is that once the scroll bar is used, the left press (as in list view) should jump back over the alphabet strip and into the media list. Once you use the scroll bar you have no reason to switch back to the alphabet strip because you've already narrowed down your search and whatever you are looking for is already on the screen, it creates an unnecessary button press IMO. Just a small observation.

I'm not sure you'd want to introduce non-standard behavior such as this based on assumptions, maybe. But who is to say the user does not actually want to go back to the alpha strip? Besides if you keep going right when on the scroll bar, you will end up where you want to be - at the movie list.

EDIT: @jurialmunkey, one thing I just noticed is if I use the alpha strip to go to say 'D' and then use the scroll bar to scroll down to 'F' (or beyond), when you cursor back to the alpha strip, 'D' is still underlined/selected. Not a big deal, but I'd think that, in this example, 'F' should be underlined.

RE: Horizon - horstepipe - 2017-08-29

Very nice skin, thank you very much!
The only thing I'm missing is Cinemavision integration in movie info view. Is it planned to be added in the future?

Another thing which I'm aware of that this is not of importance for most people, but maybe some day you want to add it:
I'm using strm files only in my Kodi database, so the "ends at" info for movies is always the current time.
So I'd like to be able to hide this, or, even better, get this info from (maybe) the extendedinfo script and show it there.

RE: Horizon - Edworld - 2017-08-30

source overlaps on the bottom, no biggie

watch gallery

RE: Horizon - sciascia88 - 2017-08-30

(2017-08-29, 19:20)foghat Wrote: Besides if you keep going right when on the scroll bar, you will end up where you want to be - at the movie list.

I was unaware of that, thanks for the tip.

RE: Horizon - dgm1960 - 2017-08-30

The new music OSD is fantastic. This skin is by far the best I've seen in my years using xbmc/kodi.

RE: Horizon - jurialmunkey - 2017-08-30

(2017-08-29, 18:41)sciascia88 Wrote: I really like how this works now. One thing that I think needs tweaked, though, is that once the scroll bar is used, the left press (as in list view) should jump back over the alphabet strip and into the media list. Once you use the scroll bar you have no reason to switch back to the alphabet strip because you've already narrowed down your search and whatever you are looking for is already on the screen, it creates an unnecessary button press IMO. Just a small observation.
Yeah I'm in two minds about this. I agree about the unnecessary button press, but after trying it out for a bit I found the navigation a little confusing because I was expecting to go back through the alphabet strip. I think that being able to press right from the scroll bar to get back to the list negates the problem to some degree (though I'm still in two minds about it!).

(2017-08-29, 19:20)foghat Wrote: EDIT: @jurialmunkey, one thing I just noticed is if I use the alpha strip to go to say 'D' and then use the scroll bar to scroll down to 'F' (or beyond), when you cursor back to the alpha strip, 'D' is still underlined/selected. Not a big deal, but I'd think that, in this example, 'F' should be underlined.
Yeah I fixed this now Smile

(2017-08-29, 23:37)horstepipe Wrote: Very nice skin, thank you very much!
The only thing I'm missing is Cinemavision integration in movie info view. Is it planned to be added in the future?

Another thing which I'm aware of that this is not of importance for most people, but maybe some day you want to add it:
I'm using strm files only in my Kodi database, so the "ends at" info for movies is always the current time.
So I'd like to be able to hide this, or, even better, get this info from (maybe) the extendedinfo script and show it there.
Cinemavision added.

Also, when I tested strm files I don't have this problem - when scraped to the library I get the runtime (and thus the proper end time). I did add an extra check for whether the end time matches current time. Could you test latest git and see if it hides it properly as I can't test it (because runtime works fine for me on strm files).

(2017-08-30, 01:39)Edworld Wrote: source overlaps on the bottom, no biggie
Haha, I never thought to test that many sources. I only have three drives connected so have never encountered it. Should be fixed now Smile

(2017-08-30, 04:13)dgm1960 Wrote: The new music OSD is fantastic. This skin is by far the best I've seen in my years using xbmc/kodi.
Thanks, really appreciate the kind words. Glad other people are enjoying it as much as I am! Big Grin

With marcelveldt's spotify plugin I have been using Kodi quite a bit for music, so thought it was time to give the music osd some love.

RE: Horizon - KarmaMole - 2017-08-30

Just needed to say - incredible skin, wonderful updates, and thanks a ton!

Functional / Fast / Good Looking. Not much more anybody can ask for in a skin Smile

I literally have no complaints right now, but if I come up with any suggestions I'll be sure to let you know.

Actually - ONE question! Do you have a repository set up so the skin can be updated automatically? I've been updating it manually every day or so when you release updates and automating it would be super.

RE: Horizon - jurialmunkey - 2017-08-30

@KarmaMole - Thanks! Big Grin
No repo, but things are getting pretty stable now, so I will most likely be submitting to the official repo sometime in the next few days.

RE: Horizon - horstepipe - 2017-08-30

(2017-08-30, 10:00)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-08-29, 23:37)horstepipe Wrote: Very nice skin, thank you very much!

Cinemavision added.

Also, when I tested strm files I don't have this problem - when scraped to the library I get the runtime (and thus the proper end time). I did add an extra check for whether the end time matches current time. Could you test latest git and see if it hides it properly as I can't test it (because runtime works fine for me on strm files).

Thank you very much. This is quite confusing to me, how do you get the runtime from an strm file? Or do they have .nfo files where the runtime is stored?

RE: Horizon - ferent - 2017-08-30

Hi Jurial, how difficult could be to add scrollbars into the file manager screen? I have folders with tons of files and it takes a while to scroll down one by one.

Thanks

RE: Horizon - colbert - 2017-08-30

Is it possible to have battery level in the video OSD somehow? Anywhere at all, just wondering, a xx% is all.

RE: Horizon - sciascia88 - 2017-08-30

(2017-08-30, 10:00)jurialmunkey Wrote:
Yeah I'm in two minds about this. I agree about the unnecessary button press, but after trying it out for a bit I found the navigation a little confusing because I was expecting to go back through the alphabet strip. I think that being able to press right from the scroll bar to get back to the list negates the problem to some degree (though I'm still in two minds about it!).

I'm used to only using the scroll bar, so I almost view it as a toggle and that right presses should toggle between the scroll bar and alphabet strip indefinitely until a left press is made.

I can live with the way you have it now, though. It is awesome to be able to select between the two on the fly, so I'm very grateful.

RE: Horizon - Edworld - 2017-08-31

Is there an easy way to access playlists?

RE: Horizon - jurialmunkey - 2017-08-31

@Edworld - do you mean library playlists or currently playing playlist? Now playing playlist can be accessed from side menu in library. The library smart playlist section can be added as a shortcut to main menu. Or do you mean something else?