Kodi Community Forum
[split] Using ARTISTSORT, ALBUMARTISTSORT and COMPOSERSORT tags - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Music Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=263)
+--- Thread: [split] Using ARTISTSORT, ALBUMARTISTSORT and COMPOSERSORT tags (/showthread.php?tid=317602)

[split] Using ARTISTSORT, ALBUMARTISTSORT and COMPOSERSORT tags - JanneT - 2017-06-19

Dave,

thanks for all the work with the Music Database.

I'm trying out how to use the "ARTISTSORT" tags. Will this work for FLAC files/Vorbis Comments? It seems to work better with mp3 ID3 tags.

For all my classical music I've tagged the files with the composer(s) name(s) in the AlbumArtist tag, using " / " as the separator. Some of the Albums have, maybe, up to five different composers. Now, for one of my test albums, the sort order works for some composers, but not for all.

The tagging looks like this:

ALBUMARTIST: Giovanni Perluigi da Palestrina / Gregorio Allegri / Felice Anerio / Giovanni Bernardino Nanino / Ruggiero Giovanelli
ARTISTSORT: Palestrina, Giovanni Perluigi da / Allegri, Gregorio / Anerio, Felice / Nanino, Giovanni Bernardino / Giovanelli, Ruggiero

Felice Anerio is sorted under "A", but Gregorio Allegri is sorted under "G".

Any comments?

- Janne

RE: Music Library Development Roadmap - One Man's Plan - DaveBlake - 2017-06-20

(2017-06-19, 21:34)JanneT Wrote: I'm trying out how to use the "ARTISTSORT" tags. Will this work for FLAC files/Vorbis Comments?
Yes absolutely.

You list the ALBUMARTIST tag, while ARTISTSORT is processed with the ARTIST tag. When you have multiple artists Kodi does its best to pair up names from ARTIST with sort names from ARTISTSORT, and the names from ALBUMARTIST with sort names from ALBUMARTISTSORT.

If that does not make sense of your issue then please let me see the tags for an example file.

I also hope that you have made use of the COMPOSER tag too, so that the composers can be listed under the composer node.

RE: Music Library Development Roadmap - One Man's Plan - JanneT - 2017-06-20

Yes, that's what I thought originally, but I couldn't get ALBUMARTISTSORT to work at all. I propably made a mistake somewhere :-)

And yes, I use the Composer tags. At least for my classical Music.

BTW, I downloaded the nightly build of the Linux version. Do I need to replace that with another build? I tried the link in this forum, but that didn't work.

RE: Music Library Development Roadmap - One Man's Plan - DaveBlake - 2017-06-20

(2017-06-20, 12:35)JanneT Wrote: Yes, that's what I thought originally, but I couldn't get ALBUMARTISTSORT to work at all. I propably made a mistake somewhere :-)
OK, have a closer look at your tagging, and if you can't see the issue let me have an example.

Quote:BTW, I downloaded the nightly build of the Linux version. Do I need to replace that with another build? I tried the link in this forum, but that didn't work.
No that build is fine, the sort stuff is in the current Leia nightly.

Test builds have a limited life-span, hence the broken link, but what you want is in the nightly anyway.

RE: Music Library Development Roadmap - One Man's Plan - JanneT - 2017-06-21

(2017-06-20, 13:02)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-06-20, 12:35)JanneT Wrote: Yes, that's what I thought originally, but I couldn't get ALBUMARTISTSORT to work at all. I propably made a mistake somewhere :-)
OK, have a closer look at your tagging, and if you can't see the issue let me have an example.

Quote:BTW, I downloaded the nightly build of the Linux version. Do I need to replace that with another build? I tried the link in this forum, but that didn't work.
No that build is fine, the sort stuff is in the current Leia nightly.

Test builds have a limited life-span, hence the broken link, but what you want is in the nightly anyway.

OK,I solved it! At least for FLAC files. The problem was that, for some reason, had a strange TAG mapping in mp3tag. When I removed that, it works as expected

RE: Music Library Development Roadmap - One Man's Plan - docwra - 2017-06-21

Yes the "remove all other tags" feature in picard is very useful for problems like that Wink