Kodi Community Forum
ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Argus TV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=172)
+---- Thread: ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha (/showthread.php?tid=320608)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha - axlt2002 - 2017-08-27

Hi guys,

Does anyone have some information about the removal of ArgusTV from the current Kodi 18 alpha?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

RE: ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha - Martijn - 2017-08-27

the addon developer needs to fix his addon for v18

RE: ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha - axlt2002 - 2017-08-27

Thanks Martijn for your feedback.

Do you have any clue about what has been changed in Kodi 18 that requires the update of the add-on? Just to put it on the good track...

RE: ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha - Martijn - 2017-08-27

a lot has been changed

RE: ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha - bberger - 2017-10-17

(2017-08-27, 17:19)Martijn Wrote: a lot has been changed

Is there any hope to bring this addon back as the only dev with access to this repos seems to have gone AWOL while the ArgusTV developer has picked up development again but has zero insights into the Kodi PVR addon..

RE: ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha - MadibaJ - 2017-10-29

I second this. The lack of development has led me to try Nextpvr. One week of next and I’ve re-installed Argustv.

I have no idea what I’m going to do when Kodi 18 is released.

RE: ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha - goibe - 2017-11-10

I agree too. I have tested all other pvr systems in windows, and always come back to argus few days after test. The argustv developer has picked up development, but the last version still working like a charm, and miles better that the other pvrs with supposedly active development, and the most important thing; with no problems (the only one that kodi stopped supporting it).
I'm afraid the only solution (as I have no idea how to fix the addon myself) and for some reason the developers of this great program don't like the argus pvr, is to stay with kodi 17, wait (and hope) for some charitable person with knowledge fix it in the future.

RE: ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha - Fuzzard - 2017-11-16

I've pushed a PR for an attempted fix to the pvr.argustv repo. Would be good to get some feedback from an actual user. I have not runtime tested it at all, as i dont have an argustv backend, but if anyone gives it a try (Milhouse is going to re-enable argustv in his next LE build, or feel free to compile yourself), do let me know here if it works or not for you.

RE: ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha - goibe - 2017-11-17

Sorry but if I install the latest milhouse build I can't see argus in pvr addons for install or enable (other pvrs are there).
Thank you for fixing it but I can't test it, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

RE: ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha - Milhouse - 2017-11-17

(2017-11-17, 06:12)goibe Wrote: Sorry but if I install the latest milhouse build I can't see argus in pvr addons for install or enable (other pvrs are there).
Thank you for fixing it but I can't test it, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

There has been some debate about how to resolve issues with argustv and until those issues are resolved it was suggested not to include argustv. I'm sure all issues will be resolved soon.

RE: ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha - goibe - 2017-11-17

Ok, thank you.

RE: ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha - Milhouse - 2017-11-17

(2017-11-17, 18:53)goibe Wrote: Ok, thank you.

ArgusTV will be in tonight's #1117 build - the changes have now been accepted and merged.

RE: ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha - MadibaJ - 2017-11-18

Yeah this is great news it’ll be in 18!

Thanks to those making the changes.

RE: ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha - goibe - 2017-11-19

I can confirm that is working perfectly.
Thanks to all who have done it.

RE: ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha - axlt2002 - 2017-11-19

Great new!

Do the recordings, scheduled recordings and timeshifts work as well?

Thanks a lot for having brought it back! Smile