Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] CarPC-Carbon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estouchy (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=261)
+---- Thread: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon (/showthread.php?tid=320735)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - idorel77 - 2018-01-21

Kodi video intro :

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - xBrunex - 2018-01-30

Hello idorel !

Did you fix the 4:3 ratio ? Or continue the same provisional way ?

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - GrndZero - 2018-01-31

*edited*, I found the problem i was having. thanks for the great skin.

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - idorel77 - 2018-01-31

(2018-01-30, 22:42)xBrunex Wrote: Hello idorel !

Did you fix the 4:3 ratio ? Or continue the same provisional way ?

what do you want to fix?
is not working?

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - xBrunex - 2018-02-01

You said thats not the best way, thats why im asking

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - xBrunex - 2018-02-01

(2017-12-06, 16:10)xBrunex Wrote:
(2017-12-06, 07:20)idorel77 Wrote:
(2017-12-05, 23:34)xBrunex Wrote: Very nice job idorel  Blush ! Thank you for do it.

Look, i have one idea maybe u can do it easy

The idea is that by inserting a brand logo she would adjust itself automatically to the center of the skin but respecting a determined width like for exemple: 590
Because right now by inserting the logo of a brand she will stretch up also which takes down the correct usage of the brand (the skin shouldn't alter the logo dimensions, only the scale in which is represented)
The configuration right now is good but for round brands like skoda for example.

Can you give me a print screen and the logo ? 

In this moment with normal configs from skin:

Thats the logo: Image

Thats the good exemple from brand logo

And can you do something about this prob ?

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - idorel77 - 2018-02-01

yes that was a solution. the best solution is to edit all buttons , labels, icons , logo .... sorry but i don’t have time to do that and i don’t know how many peopels have 4:3 screen.
You can try to edit yourself Smile

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - bedgear - 2018-02-01

Love the skin, extremely versatile and incredibly useful.
I do however, have two questions:
One - Maybe I'm just dense, but i cannot figure out how to change the theme off the default.
Two - In the custom menu items, is there a way to execute multiple commands? For example, i have a command right now running the following: 'XBMC.Shell.Exec("*location of shortcut i want to execute*")'. However, i would also like Kodi to minimize, which i can do with another button set to 'Minimize' but I cant figure out if its possible to combine the two commands? Have one run after the other, or even have them both run at the same time? Ive tried listing them one after the other with a comma separating them, as well as attempting to use the overrides.xml file (but i think that didnt work because you're not using skin shortcuts) and neither of those worked.

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - idorel77 - 2018-02-02

For theme here: 

For the second problem you should edit includes.xml
and modify or add a action on specific button.

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - idorel77 - 2018-02-02

Intro 5

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - bedgear - 2018-02-02

I can edit the includes.xml, but im still not sure how to make one button run two commands.
Should i put them both within one tag - ie:
<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(UseCustomActionButton#)">CommandOne, CommandTwo</onclick>

Or

Use two onclick tags - ie:
<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(UseCustomActionButton#)">CommandOne</onclick>
<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(UseCustomActionButton#)">CommandTwo</onclick>

The second one seems to make more sense in a way, but i figured i would ask to be sure.

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - bossanova808 - 2018-02-03

Any recommendations for guides to the car side of all this?   That is, how best to set up a car PC (in terms of e.g. replacing a double din head unit with a PC +  screen, and how that connects in terms of amp etc to the car speakers etc). 

I can find some pretty rough guides, that seem old etc, but hoping there's a really good guide type thing somewhere.

RE: [MOD] CarPC-Carbon - nickr - 2018-02-03

That is very car dependent I think. What do you drive?

@nickr Mazda 3 with a BOSE stereo from the mid 2000s... I've taken out the double din unit before, lots of room there, but yeah I don't know much about car audio...  and then there's the issues of a nice clean mount etc.  The otehr option is one of those chinese (Eonon?) android units that are pre built.  I suppose Kodi can be put on those too....would save some hassle, but I thought this might make a nice project! 

That said looking at the odroid forums it seems like it's still a fairly exotic thing, lots of niggles to solve etc.  I will have to spend some mroe time googling - Carputer seems the term...

"lots of room" is probably overselling it - but def enough room for an ondroid or Pi setup I'd say